Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Caffeine.....

Part of the definition of drug is, particularly as used by FDA, IOC, and so on, "a chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction." The amounts of caffeine in de-caf drinks and in chocolate are not even close being in high enough concentration to be causing changes to the central nervous system, unlike your other coffees, sodas etc.

It never ceases to amaze me that people claim to be straightedge but then go completely out of their way to justify their particular drug of choice, or some other aspect of themselves which means they have no connection to straightedge. If you want to be straightedge be straightedge but if you want to take a drug, such as caffeine, then you obviously don't want ot be straightedge so why try and claim the label?

I can't believe this. I've been back on a straightedge message board for 24 hours and already I'm having an argument bout caffeine.

dude what i can't believe is how you assume i use caffine have I ever said i use it no i've just argued my opinion so don't assume cuz when you assume you make an ass out of you and me

Don't be fucking trite. I was using "you" in a general sense not as in you specifically. This debate is including many more people than just you.
    "Where the hell is my riot?"

"my true compassion is for all living things and not just the ones who are cute so i do what i can.
    i wanna save lives and i've got a plan"

http://www.veganfitness.net

Quote Originally Posted by thechris
    dude what i can't believe is how you assume i use caffine have I ever said i use it no i've just argued my opinion so don't assume cuz when you assume you make an ass out of you and me

maybe because you said this "ok your saying caffine is a drug ok but that means if you eat choclate or drink chocalet milk your taking in caffine so your saying to be edge you have to give up chocalet too and pop from time to time no in my opinion moderation in caffine is ok btw if that makes me not straight edge so be it"

Banned
    alchohol and caffiene have been found to have postive effects on overall health in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by xx420xx
    alchohol and caffiene have been found to have postive effects on overall health in moderation.
    this isn't true. alcohol hasn't. things in wine that aren't alcoholic have. however, we're not talking about moderate use, so I don't really know what your point is.

ok whatever you guys suck and your all a bunch of hypacrites saying moderation is not ok but chocolet doesn't have enough to do anything but according to your own logic it doesn't matter cuz thats eating it in moderation none means none not " none so long as its so little" jeez

ok whatever you guys suck and your all a bunch of hypacrites saying moderation is not ok but chocolet doesn't have enough to do anything but according to your own logic it doesn't matter cuz thats eating it in moderation none means none not " none so long as its so little" jeez
    moderation implies that you're consuming enough to affect you, but not too much so. the amount of caffeine you would consume in chocolate or decaf tea or coffee isnt' enough to effect you, so why would it be avoided? how exactly is it hypocritical? chocolate has 5 mg of caffeine per bar.

so what if a person like choclate and ate....2......3.....5 bars where is the cut off its gotta end somewhere untill they're "on" caffine

so what if a person like choclate and ate....2......3.....5 bars where is the cut off its gotta end somewhere untill they're "on" caffine
    yeah, it's when you consume enough. assuming there is 4 mg per bar, and it takes approximately 40 mgs before it'd begin to affect a person, they'd have to eat 10 bars within a short amount of time. and I'm sure there isn't anyone doing that, so I don't exactly see your point.

question I only drink a cup of coke occasionally a cupe is 8oz and a 12 oz can contains 33mg so am I still edge

question I only drink a cup of coke occasionally a cupe is 8oz and a 12 oz can contains 33mg so am I still edge
    why wouldn't you drink caffeine free coke?

Nervous Breakdown xSouthernEdgex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    why wouldn't you drink caffeine free coke?
    is there still caffeine in caffeine free coke? Because i drink it to stay away from Caffeine but is it also bad?
    Love for the Southeast NORTH CAROLINA HARDCORE

Quote Originally Posted by xSouthernEdgex
    is there still caffeine in caffeine free coke? Because i drink it to stay away from Caffeine but is it also bad?
    caffeine is an additive in sodas. caffeine free means there is no caffeine in it.

Thread Information