Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 193

Thread: Caffeine.....

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11

    Caffeine.....

    is it considered a drug and are any of you against it?
    I can see drinking a coke or somthing every once and a while.
    but some people take the pills and thats what pisses me off. and I didnt put this in the diet section cause it has nothing to do with vegan.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    england
    Posts
    9
    i personally do not use caffine, some people think of it as a drug some don't, i don't like it cause it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, also i think of it as a drug as people do rely on it
    TOGETHER.FOREVER.UNITED

  3. #3
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by A7X_KICKS_ASS
    is it considered a drug and are any of you against it?
    I can see drinking a coke or somthing every once and a while.
    but some people take the pills and thats what pisses me off. and I didnt put this in the diet section cause it has nothing to do with vegan.
    caffeine is a drug. It's a drug that most people abuse and an amazing amount are addicted to.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,274
    What I do, and which I obviously think the best thing to do is to avoid it where you can, but not to get up in arms over the issue, there are bigger issues to deal with on a day to day basis, than if something contains caffine. For example, if you drink a 12oz. soft drink a couple times a week, it will not harm your body, in the same way that doing speed a couple times a week will. I think a better way to approach it, is to just be aware of the choices you make, and be sure that you are not consuming enough to harm yourself. Even cyanide is safe, if the portion is small enough.
    the invisible man.

  5. #5
    Duchess of Adventures xvunderx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean The Red
    What I do, and which I obviously think the best thing to do is to avoid it where you can, but not to get up in arms over the issue, there are bigger issues to deal with on a day to day basis, than if something contains caffine. For example, if you drink a 12oz. soft drink a couple times a week, it will not harm your body, in the same way that doing speed a couple times a week will. I think a better way to approach it, is to just be aware of the choices you make, and be sure that you are not consuming enough to harm yourself. Even cyanide is safe, if the portion is small enough.
    Same can be said about alcohol. If a person is edge, and there for claiming a strong stance against drugs. then thats accross the board. caffiene is a drug the same as alcohol. if you preach moderation, thats cool, but to preach abstenence and not follow it through with caffine is pure hypocrisy

  6. #6
    Registered User xgregx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,345
    I don't have caffiene
    scream for me

  7. #7
    Registered User Pitbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Inland Empire *909* / Lower East Side, NYC
    Posts
    96
    Caff is my one weak point. I don't drink coffee, but what programmer can live without Mountain Dew =)

    Viv, your avatar looks amazing against the black background btw.....
    The HxC Network www.HxCnetwork.com Get Into It!

    Add me to your myspace :) http://www.myspace.com/HxC/

  8. #8
    Duchess of Adventures xvunderx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull
    Caff is my one weak point. I don't drink coffee, but what programmer can live without Mountain Dew =)

    Viv, your avatar looks amazing against the black background btw.....
    Thanks, I had to change it when the boards did, but I got to update my hair color too so it's all good.! ( ^ u ^ )

    I have to ask though. Why is alcohol bad, smoking bad, illegal drugs bad, but caffine ok?

    Like so many people say this but it doesn't make sence to me.

  9. #9
    Registered User sabresnmets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    long island
    Posts
    1,800
    oh man another caffiene thread!!!
    xCarpexDiemx
    life is what you make it.

  10. #10
    Duchess of Adventures xvunderx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,614
    Quote Originally Posted by sabresnmets
    oh man another caffiene thread!!!
    and you know you love it!

  11. #11
    Registered User Pitbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Inland Empire *909* / Lower East Side, NYC
    Posts
    96
    well for me like I said it is my weak point, I know it isn't good for me... I guess it just fits in the what is straight edge. Some people say no nothing, some say sex is ok, some say caff is ok and some say a poison past is ok as long as you know longer live it, some even say using steroids is ok. For me, I don't smoke, drink or do drugs for me. In my eyes, that is SxE for me.
    The HxC Network www.HxCnetwork.com Get Into It!

    Add me to your myspace :) http://www.myspace.com/HxC/

  12. #12
    Duchess of Adventures xvunderx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull
    well for me like I said it is my weak point, I know it isn't good for me... I guess it just fits in the what is straight edge. Some people say no nothing, some say sex is ok, some say caff is ok and some say a poison past is ok as long as you know longer live it, some even say using steroids is ok. For me, I don't smoke, drink or do drugs for me. In my eyes, that is SxE for me.
    so sXe has nothing to do with being against drugs for you?

  13. #13
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull
    well for me like I said it is my weak point, I know it isn't good for me... I guess it just fits in the what is straight edge. Some people say no nothing, some say sex is ok, some say caff is ok and some say a poison past is ok as long as you know longer live it, some even say using steroids is ok. For me, I don't smoke, drink or do drugs for me. In my eyes, that is SxE for me.
    how is caffeine not a drug?

  14. #14
    Registered User Pitbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Inland Empire *909* / Lower East Side, NYC
    Posts
    96
    I never said that, in fact I said I don't smoke, drink or use drugs, that is straightedge to me. I don't see caff nor sex having anything to do with it. What I wrote above was because you asked why do so many see caff is ok. I would laugh at anyone who used drugs and claimed to be edge.
    The HxC Network www.HxCnetwork.com Get Into It!

    Add me to your myspace :) http://www.myspace.com/HxC/

  15. #15
    Registered User Pitbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Inland Empire *909* / Lower East Side, NYC
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    how is caffeine not a drug?
    I don't see it as one, just as some don't see roids as one either, personally I do, but thats me. If your going to say drinking caff goes against being edge, then 90% of the kids in the world are edge under false pretense then.
    The HxC Network www.HxCnetwork.com Get Into It!

    Add me to your myspace :) http://www.myspace.com/HxC/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. caffeine
    By x.Xmiss_SmogX.x in forum Questions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 01:47 AM
  2. Caffeine?
    By DarkCarni in forum Questions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 12:34 AM
  3. Caffeine?
    By sxeforlife555 in forum Questions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 10:40 AM
  4. caffeine
    By unspoken in forum Commentary
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 01:43 PM
  5. caffeine....what do you think
    By xyouthx in forum Questions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 08:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •