Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is hardline?

Originally posted by LakeEffectGabe
    there is no need to eat meat or drink wine as there was then.
    vegetarians existed then as did people who didn't drink.

like I said if Jesus was right why was he only right within the context of a specific time period?

Originally posted by xsecx
    If Jesus isn't wrong, then why don't you eat meat or drink wine?
    are there any verses in the bible that say jesus was eating fish or drinking wine, or just that he fed people fish and made wine from water?

Originally posted by coughslashcool
    are there any verses in the bible that say jesus was eating fish or drinking wine, or just that he fed people fish and made wine from water?
    last supper he drank wine. there's also verses that are considered by some that jesus got drink. when I"m not at work I'll look them up.

last supper he drank wine. there's also verses that are considered by some that jesus got drink. when I"m not at work I'll look them up.
    word, id like to see them.

Originally posted by coughslashcool
    word, id like to see them.
    Matthew 11 19
    The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners." ' But wisdom is proved right by her actions."

Mark 14 25
    "I tell you the truth, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it anew in the kingdom of God."

Luke 24

Jesus Appears to the Disciples

36While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you."
    37They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."
    40When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?" 42They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43and he took it and ate it in their presence.

Matthew 11 19
    The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners." ' But wisdom is proved right by her actions."

Mark 14 25
    "I tell you the truth, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it anew in the kingdom of God."

Luke 24

Jesus Appears to the Disciples

36While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you."
    37They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."
    40When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?" 42They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43and he took it and ate it in their presence.
    well there you go.

Originally posted by LakeEffectGabe
    to prenna: please show me this verse*. do you think God would condone what is going on within the meat industry?
    Sorry to butt in where I wasn't called, but if prenna hasn't told you the verse, it's Timothy 4 1-5.

"1 Now that the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of the devils;
    2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their concience seared with a hot iron;
    3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be recieved with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
    4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
    5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer."

Sorry if that's not the one you meant prenna, I had a look and that's what I found.

My beliefs are very close to hardline.... And just as a vegan edge kid I try to use recycled paper/plastics as much as possible, buy organic fruits/vegetables.... it's not that hard... To me hardline is more of an extreme vegan aspect, not extreme straightedge.... it comes down to this, being straightedge does nothing, being vegan does.... standing up against injustice does....
    "Now there are two sides to this war"

Originally posted by veganedge
    My beliefs are very close to hardline.... And just as a vegan edge kid I try to use recycled paper/plastics as much as possible, buy organic fruits/vegetables.... it's not that hard... To me hardline is more of an extreme vegan aspect, not extreme straightedge.... it comes down to this, being straightedge does nothing, being vegan does.... standing up against injustice does....
    how does being straight edge do nothing but being vegan does?

I guess being edge does something slowly, if you try to convince others that this is how they should live....

By being vegan you no longer kill, rape, or imprison animals. You are directly living in peace with animals. Being vegan doesn't just mean a vegan diet... you stop buying products that are tested on animals, stop supporting circuses and other things with animal exploitation, you stop wearing dead animals as leather,fur,suede,nubuck......

I guess being edge does something slowly, if you try to convince others that this is how they should live....

By being vegan you no longer kill, rape, or imprison animals. You are directly living in peace with animals. Being vegan doesn't just mean a vegan diet... you stop buying products that are tested on animals, stop supporting circuses and other things with animal exploitation, you stop wearing dead animals as leather,fur,suede,nubuck......
    so by being edge you're not directly living in peace with people? you stop buying products that are related to drugs and alcohol. You stop supporting bars and drug dealers. you stop adding to human suffering.

every action and every choice effects change.

what if you aren't edge, but you don't drink, smoke, use illegal drugs??? many people don't do those, but aren't edge.... there's a difference.

what if you aren't edge, but you don't drink, smoke, use illegal drugs??? many people don't do those, but aren't edge.... there's a difference.
    they're still effecting change then, aren't they?

yes, but I'm asking what are EDGE kids doing? Maybe what I should really be asking is is it enough?

yes, but I'm asking what are EDGE kids doing? Maybe what I should really be asking is is it enough?
    in terms of what? do you honestly believe that you can't be an agent of change based on how you live your life and the choices you make?

how do you measure change? is it a contest?

Thread Information