Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is hardline?

What is hardline?

Hardline is not militant straight edge, as a lot of people seem to believe. Hardline began in Tennesee in 1986 and was an offshoot of the Straight edge movement.

Below is the hardline manifesto.

The time has come for an ideology and for a movement that is both physically and morally strong enough to do battle against the forces of evil that are destroying the earth (and all life upon it). One that cannot be bought, nor led astray by temptation. A movement free of the vices that sedate the mind and weaken the body. An ideology that is pure and righteous, without contradictions or inconsistencies. One that judges all things by one standard and emphasizes personal responsibility and accountability above all else. An overall view on life that not only deals with the external, but also the internal -- realizing that a
    physical entity of oppression, such as the capitalist system (where all life is deemed an expendable resource), is merely an outward manifestation of the warped values held by the people who run the institutions that control our lives, influence our culture and destroy the earth.

It must also recognize the intrinsic flaw of single issue causes, where the concept of justice is always a selective one (with each special interest group fighting for the rights of those that fall under their personal concern, while neglecting, or in some cases, opposing those rights for others) -- moving beyond such failed approaches -- to a logical and all encompassing system of thought and program of action, which can and will succeed.

That ideology, that movement, is Hardline. A belief system, and a way of life that lives by one ethic -- that all innocent life is sacred, and must have the right to live out it's natural state of existence in peace, without interference, This single ethic ensures that all life, from a foetus, or a grown human (black, white, male or female), to an animal, or it's habitat, is guaranteed equal rights, with liberty for all, regardless of someone's personal bias against them. Under the principals of the Hardline ideology, all shall be permitted to do as they please as long as their actions do not harm, in any way, the rights of others. Any action that
    does interfere with such rights shall not be considered a "right" in itself, and therefore shall not be tolerated. Those who hurt or destroy life around them, or create a situation in which that life or the quality of it is threatened shall from then on no longer be considered innocent, and in turn will no long have rights.

Adherents to the hardline will abide by these principals in daily life. They shall live at one with the laws of nature, and not forsake them for the desire of pleasure -- from deviant sexual acts and/or abortion, to drug use of any kind (and all other cases where ones harms all life around them under the pretext that they are just harming themselves). And, in following with the belief that one shall not infringe on an innocent's life - no animal product shall be consumed (be it flesh, milk or egg). Along with this purity of everyday life, the true hardliner must strive to liberate the rest of the world from it's chains - saving life in some cases, and in others, dealing out justice to those guilty of destroying it.

Only with this dedication, and conviction -- living a life that is in harmony with our stated goals and beliefs, gaining strength from out purity of body and mind, while actively opposing those who are guilty destroying the world with their poisonous thoughts, deeds and pollution, can we be victorious in the struggle.

you're only old once... flame_still_burns's Avatar
    i don't think i've read that since i had the misfortune of buying the vegan reich 7".

although i will admit to tapping my foot once or twice to that raid band.
    all there is- is in the knowing, that this never has to end.

Quote Originally Posted by flame_still_burns
    i don't think i've read that since i had the misfortune of buying the vegan reich 7".

although i will admit to tapping my foot once or twice to that raid band.
    would you believe that the kids today think that hardline is the same as militant straight edge and use them interchangiably. I wonder if this makes Issac Golub sad.

i know... the term "hardline" gets used incorrectly all the time.

since my finger isn't on the pulse anymore is there any remaining vestiges of a hardline scene? i thought maybe earth crisis might of inspired a slight resurgence.

Quote Originally Posted by flame_still_burns
    i know... the term "hardline" gets used incorrectly all the time.

since my finger isn't on the pulse anymore is there any remaining vestiges of a hardline scene? i thought maybe earth crisis might of inspired a slight resurgence.
    nah it's pretty much dead. which is why kids get away with misusing it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    nah it's pretty much dead. which is why kids get away with misusing it.
    if they had better bands they could have kept it going.

look how many kids started wearing tulsi beads and reading the bhagavad gita when ray went krishna. you can get kids into anything as long as the music is good.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    I wonder if this makes Issac Golub sad.
    its quite funny you should mention issac golub because i was flying home from chicago today and i was in the middle seat listening to my headphones. for some reason i had chorus of disapproval with me and i played it. the guy next to me apparently could hear it and was giving me a strange look because i was in my pilot uniform and was listening to what he probably though was some heavy metal band.

speaking of bad covers..there version of DYS's wolfpack is beyond terrible.

Heaven in a torniquet Creation Imperfect's Avatar
    What I dont understand, is that they still eat plants and stuff, when they're supposed to be giving all life equal rights...

Do plants not live? o.O
    [size=1]
    Youshowermewithlullabies,
    Asyou'rewalkingaway.
    Remindsmethatit'skillingtime,
    Onthisfatefulday.

Seeyouatthebitterend.

[/size]

in all seriousness i beleive that even the most steadfast carnivore would admit that there is a profound difference between animal and plant life. i believe that animals feel love and sadness. i don't believe plants do.

Originally posted by Creation Imperfect
    What I dont understand, is that they still eat plants and stuff, when they're supposed to be giving all life equal rights...

Do plants not live? o.O
    a lot of people are fruitarian because of that.

Originally posted by flame_still_burns
    in all seriousness i beleive that even the most steadfast carnivore would admit that there is a profound difference between animal and plant life. i believe that animals feel love and sadness. i don't believe plants do.
    Of course there is a difference, but by going on what Dusty posted originally...they are just hypocritical when it comes to the fact that they belive the environment around us should have equal raights and yadda yadda...but still they eat it? Yet they dont eat animals?...

Originally posted by xsecx
    a lot of people are fruitarian because of that.
    Fruitarian AND vegan? What the hell do they eat?!
    [size=1]
    Asyou'rewalkingaway.
    Onthisfatefulday.

Seeyouatthebitterend.

[/size]

Of course there is a difference, but by going on what Dusty posted originally...they are just hypocritical when it comes to the fact that they belive the environment around us should have equal raights and yadda yadda...but still they eat it? Yet they dont eat animals?...

Fruitarian AND vegan? What the hell do they eat?!
    fruit? and nuts.

Originally posted by straightXed
    fruit? and nuts.
    Oh yeah.... O.o *duh*
    [size=1]
    Asyou'rewalkingaway.
    Onthisfatefulday.

Seeyouatthebitterend.

[/size]

Fruitarian AND vegan? What the hell do they eat?! [/B]
    I used to know fruitarian, but I lost touch with him befor i could ask that question.

i think it had something to do with eating fruit etc that had fallen, and there for is already "dead" and cut off, or something like that.

so then they all use recycled paper, and shit like that, right? this seems like more of a hippie thing, am i right? it just seems like that is a hard way to live. it limits your way of life so much. not even the eating thing, ive talked about that before. it seems like you have to be too careful to me.

Thread Information