Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What is hardline?

Quote Originally Posted by sabresnmets
    so then they all use recycled paper, and shit like that, right? this seems like more of a hippie thing, am i right? it just seems like that is a hard way to live. it limits your way of life so much. not even the eating thing, ive talked about that before. it seems like you have to be too careful to me.

i very much agree with this it would make life way to hard having to worry about all this

So are you saying that all vegans are hypocrites? I interpreted what that says about equal rights to mean that all living things must be respected. For instance, many pagan societies world wide showed respect to everything before they used it, trees and plants included. They still had to eat something, though. I support fruitarianism as a boycott of the meat and agricultural industries, but I think it is most important to destroy the industries based on sentient creatures first, non?

I thought some movie recently came out about hardlines in California. Looked interesting. I at least think it is an interesting philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by NorskVegan
    So are you saying that all vegans are hypocrites? I interpreted what that says about equal rights to mean that all living things must be respected. For instance, many pagan societies world wide showed respect to everything before they used it, trees and plants included. They still had to eat something, though. I support fruitarianism as a boycott of the meat and agricultural industries, but I think it is most important to destroy the industries based on sentient creatures first, non?

I thought some movie recently came out about hardlines in California. Looked interesting. I at least think it is an interesting philosophy.
    who are you talking to?

Yeah, sorry. I should have put a quote in there somewhere...

Someone brought up the idea that it doesn't make sense to not eat meat and then eat plants if you say you're trying to give all innocent life equal rights.

By interesting you mean crazy right?
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    By interesting you mean crazy right?
    Interesting in the way schizophrenia is interesting, yeah. That and the fact that it was apparently like a pimple on the ass of sXe, so it's worth studying.

Interesting in the way schizophrenia is interesting, yeah. That and the fact that it was apparently like a pimple on the ass of sXe, so it's worth studying.
    Yeah, in order to avoid and be aware of the inherent craziness.

Asshat
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    hardline doesn't exist anymore. unless you count the crazy muslim guys that hardline became.
    it's true that Hardline as an organization doesn't exist anymore, but Hardline was just a name for something that existed from the beginning of time... so there are alot of people out there who still call themselves HL. i still wear HL shirts, do i not exist? i still live the "lifestyle" do i not exist? and i know alot of people who are getting more and more interested in re-organizing Hardline.

could you explain the "crazy muslim guys" comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahir
    it's true that Hardline as an organization doesn't exist anymore, but Hardline was just a name for something that existed from the beginning of time... so there are alot of people out there who still call themselves HL. i still wear HL shirts, do i not exist? i still live the "lifestyle" do i not exist? and i know alot of people who are getting more and more interested in re-organizing Hardline.

You shouldn't exist if you support hardline as that is extremely idiotic, hope you understand what you are standing for.

existed from the beginning of time? oh yeah? what are some examples of it through out time?
    hardline was an organization and not a lifestyle, so if the organization doesn't exist anymore how are you hardline?

and sure, taliyah and the whole muslim trend that you're clearly a part of falls into the same crazy bucket as HL did.

Asshat
    existed from the beginning of time? oh yeah? what are some examples of it through out time?
    hardline was an organization and not a lifestyle, so if the organization doesn't exist anymore how are you hardline?

and sure, taliyah and the whole muslim trend that you're clearly a part of falls into the same crazy bucket as HL did.
    the beginning of time, as in the natural order is not man-made. HL was only the name to an ATTEMPT of a bunch of anarcho punk kids to strive towards a society of natural living. the idea of living intune with nature has long existed with indigenous cultures around the world since the beginning of time.

much like the drug free lifestyle was around since the beginning of time, and is nothing new with the name "straightedge."

i never said i was hardline, i just said that i still wear hl shirts and i am alive. meaning i still live the same way i did when hl was around. and didn't stop just because the official dissolving of the HCC in 1999..it was written in the Vanguards that HL was only a name, and will "dissolve" and the names will change, but the goal remains. HL was officially dissolved in 1999 as an organization, but adherents to the HL lifestyle would continue to work together on and underground level. which eventually led to the Ahl i`Allah, which eventually turned into Taliy'ah al-Mahdi and which eventually turned into something else which is still networking today (with a brief KMS existence in between.... which was more or less a "joke".)

and clearly, the whole mulsim trend is not something i am a part of anymore than you are a part of the whole fat ugly straightedge guy thinking his shit doesn't stink and somehow convinces a message board of little kids that he knows everything about straightedge, religion and hardline trend.

peace.
    -Tahir.

Asshat
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    You shouldn't exist if you support hardline as that is extremely idiotic, hope you understand what you are standing for.
    why don't you tell me.

the beginning of time, as in the natural order is not man-made. HL was only the name to an ATTEMPT of a bunch of anarcho punk kids to strive towards a society of natural living. the idea of living intune with nature has long existed with indigenous cultures around the world since the beginning of time.
    yeah, see I'd like to see some history to back up this statement, since most history and sciene point to indigenous cultures eating meat and fucking a lot and getting drunk or high.

much like the drug free lifestyle was around since the beginning of time, and is nothing new with the name "straightedge."
    uh huh.

i never said i was hardline, i just said that i still wear hl shirts and i am alive. meaning i still live the same way i did when hl was around. and didn't stop just because the official dissolving of the HCC in 1999..it was written in the Vanguards that HL was only a name, and will "dissolve" and the names will change, but the goal remains. HL was officially dissolved in 1999 as an organization, but adherents to the HL lifestyle would continue to work together on and underground level. which eventually led to the Ahl i`Allah, which eventually turned into Taliy'ah al-Mahdi and which eventually turned into something else which is still networking today (with a brief KMS existence in between.... which was more or less a "joke".)
    would you make up your mind?

and clearly, the whole mulsim trend is not something i am a part of anymore than you are a part of the whole fat ugly straightedge guy thinking his shit doesn't stink and somehow convinces a message board of little kids that he knows everything about straightedge, religion and hardline trend.
    wow dude, you're really showing me. I mean. now I'm fat and ugly, but I have magical poo. you're definitely showing me that I'm wrong and you have it all figured out. I'm sure you're a world class scholar, so please educate us all with your whitty insults and deep insight into how wrong you are on other topics.

why don't you tell me.
    Well its kinda hard, you don't seem to be able to decide yourself. But if you live in accordance with hardline then i think you are a fool, but nows your chance to prove it.

Asshat
    [QUOTE]
    yeah, see I'd like to see some history to back up this statement, since most history and sciene point to indigenous cultures eating meat and fucking a lot and getting drunk or high.
    i never said that eating meat can not be in line with the natural order. this is not the stance of HL and never was. HL as an ideology, and as a spiritual path understands that there are situations where the consumption of animals is essential to sustain your existance.
    you can't hold someone living in Chiapas involved with the Zapatista's accountable for consuming animals or wearing leather. that's just not justifiable. nor can you hold a Palestinian accountable for wearing leather when they have to fight for their very existance.

Indigenous cultures living in order with nature, eat meat because it's not always possible to grow food. nor is it possible for them to go the the grocery store and buy a fucking tofu burger. and every indigenous culture when killing an animal for their existance, give thanks to that animal and it's Creator (swt) and aknowledge what that animal has given. and will utilize every piece of said animal.

getting drunk or high in indigenous cultures were more often than not, spiritual practices that were used in an attempt to get closer to the Creator (swt). i'm not saying i agree with it, it's just how they practiced spirituality. much like Sweat Lodges and peyote within Native American spirtuality. and Rastafarians.

Sex is in accordance with the natural order also. i'm sure you know this. HL was not against sex. HL took the stance that deviant sexual desires were against nature. it's pretty simple to understand.

would you make up your mind?
    make up my mind about what? i'm simply saying that HL was only a name and was written that the name will eventually dissolve, and the goals remain. if a woman getts married and changes her last name is she no longer a part of her maiden family name?

this is a recurring problem with alot of "straightedge" people. you need labels and specific "names" to shape your identity and existance. where would you be without the name "straightedge?" ...."....oh then that's just drug free..." what's with all the labels? does straightedge not exist because there is no Central Comittee?
    the only thing that made HardLine an Organization was the HCC which didn't form until years later. before that chapters were springing up all over the place, which eventually led to the need for the HCC.

members of the BPP started the BLA, but sitll affiliated themselves with the BPP years after the party had ceased to exist as an organization. were they wrong in doing so? even when they still held conferences and used "all power to the people" a widely known BPP slogan, wore Black Berets, and made references to the BPP and even called people as fellow BPP members. and even reffering to themselves as "Black Panthers".

wow dude, you're really showing me. I mean. now I'm fat and ugly, but I have magical poo. you're definitely showing me that I'm wrong and you have it all figured out. I'm sure you're a world class scholar, so please educate us all with your whitty insults and deep insight into how wrong you are on other topics.
    i normally would never attack somebody personally on their appearance, but since you seem to believe that you can attack people's personal beliefs than you obviously shouldn't care when people attack you personally..
    if you would debate without attacking peoples personal beliefes, then chances are nobody would lash back with personal insults. but since i'm obviously hurting your feel-bads i will stop. because the last thing i want is to hurt your feelings.

Thread Information