Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: straight edge

im_not_sxe77

straight edge

all you hardcore straight edge loving kids, have you ever fucking heard of minor threat? do you know that the person who invented straight edge isnt edge anymore, drop the edge for life shit, straight edge also has nothing to do with liking hardcore. hardcore music sucks

Re: straight edge

Originally posted by im_not_sxe77
    all you hardcore straight edge loving kids, have you ever fucking heard of minor threat? do you know that the person who invented straight edge isnt edge anymore, drop the edge for life shit, straight edge also has nothing to do with liking hardcore. hardcore music sucks
    well you've clearly demonstrated that you're an expert on all things that you're not. You really should learn how to express yourself without run on sentances and actually attempt to make sense.

also pretending to be way older than you actually are, pretty lame.

come on jeremy. 1977? No one would even believe 1987.

Oooo a disgruntled punk, i'm sure going to take his word on what i should listen too. And what a revelation, someone edge isn't anymore, definitely a reason for me to stop being edge there!! Who is this mysterious minor threat you speak of? Do they hold the holy grail, i wonder if any other hardcore kids have heard of them?

p.s. Punk died, theres no reason for you to dress that way at all anymore.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar

Re: straight edge

Originally posted by im_not_sxe77
    hardcore music sucks? why do you listen to minor threat then?
    oh and just wanted you to know: they didn't invent straight edge.
    you are pathetic

Just for those who are way to simple to understand sarcasm, i am well aware of who minor threat are and exactly what they did in relation to straightedge.

Originally posted by xsecx
    also pretending to be way older than you actually are, pretty lame.

come on jeremy. 1977? No one would even believe 1987.
    How about 97?

Originally posted by xvunderx
    How about 97?
    yeah i think i saw him on the 97 episode of i love the nineties!

I am not exactly straight edge although I do not drink, smoke, do any kind of drugs and I prefer diet caffine free coke because it allows me to sleep better at night, but I have a great deal of respect for those who have fought for their beliefs within the straight edge community. I didn't know that much about straight edge until my old band, Losing Faith went to play a show in Dayton, OH @ El Diablos. When we got there I saw all these "X's" and all thesem people standing around outside talking like they all knew each other. It was different to me 'cuz I always saw people at other shows going in and doing their usual bull-shit like drinking and smoking and shit. The rest of my band was inside doing the same as they had always done, drink and smoke. By the way we were a metal band that had been asked to play by Mike Couls (former Cold as Life, Sworn Enemy, current Agents of Man). We already didn't fit in but I had no idea we didn't at the time. This was indeed a hard-core show with Suffocate Faster and many other awesome hard-core bands. When we took the stage and play our set, I was left scatching my head as to why no one in the entire place moved a muscle. Everyone stood there with their arms crossed and scowled at us. It sucked! Later I found out why. The rest of my band was walking around half drunk and blowing smoke through the entire venue. I guess this pissed a lot of people off and we ended up doing $0 in merch for that. Since then I have tried my hardest to study up on the straight edge scene and see what I can learn. I tend to HEAR a lot of bad mouthing, but until you actually witness the strength, honor, and pride of those who are down for life, you really have nothing more than an outside view on it. I said earlier I wouldn't consider myself straight edge and that's only because I am so new to the entire thing. I do however tell everyone I meet that drinks and smokes and disagrees with the whole straight edge scene out of sheer ignorance that they need to just walk off a building and stop wasting blood and air for the rest of us. So thank you to all of the straight edge and keep up the good fight!!!

Originally posted by in_my_heart
    I do however tell everyone I meet that drinks and smokes and disagrees with the whole straight edge scene out of sheer ignorance that they need to just walk off a building and stop wasting blood and air for the rest of us.
    i don't think you do

Originally posted by in_my_heart
    I am not exactly straight edge although I do not drink, smoke, do any kind of drugs and I prefer diet caffine free coke because it allows me to sleep better at night, but I have a great deal of respect for those who have fought for their beliefs within the straight edge community. I didn't know that much about straight edge until my old band, Losing Faith went to play a show in Dayton, OH @ El Diablos. When we got there I saw all these "X's" and all thesem people standing around outside talking like they all knew each other. It was different to me 'cuz I always saw people at other shows going in and doing their usual bull-shit like drinking and smoking and shit. The rest of my band was inside doing the same as they had always done, drink and smoke. By the way we were a metal band that had been asked to play by Mike Couls (former Cold as Life, Sworn Enemy, current Agents of Man). We already didn't fit in but I had no idea we didn't at the time. This was indeed a hard-core show with Suffocate Faster and many other awesome hard-core bands. When we took the stage and play our set, I was left scatching my head as to why no one in the entire place moved a muscle. Everyone stood there with their arms crossed and scowled at us. It sucked! Later I found out why. The rest of my band was walking around half drunk and blowing smoke through the entire venue. I guess this pissed a lot of people off and we ended up doing $0 in merch for that. Since then I have tried my hardest to study up on the straight edge scene and see what I can learn. I tend to HEAR a lot of bad mouthing, but until you actually witness the strength, honor, and pride of those who are down for life, you really have nothing more than an outside view on it. I said earlier I wouldn't consider myself straight edge and that's only because I am so new to the entire thing. I do however tell everyone I meet that drinks and smokes and disagrees with the whole straight edge scene out of sheer ignorance that they need to just walk off a building and stop wasting blood and air for the rest of us. So thank you to all of the straight edge and keep up the good fight!!!
    this is the first time someone has told a story like that it didn't end with "and after the show they came out after us and jumped us!"
    the sad part is the story that you've just told is norm and the other for the most part is an internet fairy tale.

Originally posted by straightXed
    Just for those who are way to simple to understand sarcasm, i am well aware of who minor threat are and exactly what they did in relation to straightedge.
    http://xradicalx.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by xsecx
    http://xradicalx.blogspot.com/
    It truly amazes me.

wow, some people are truly as dumb as i like to make fun of. i think my five year old daughter would pick up on that sarcasm.
    xCarpexDiemx
    life is what you make it.

dude is confused a bit

Thread Information