Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: are they any good?

  1. #1
    I dropped something xdaddydaycorex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,032

    are they any good?

    Commited ( from cleveland...looks promising)
    Brothers Keeper (cover looks lame tattoo style dice and shit...who knows)
    Chain of Strength (These guys Look very crucial...classic live shot cover w/ insane pit)

    all have used cd's at my local shop.

  2. #2
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,366

    Re: are they any good?

    Originally posted by atomicLP
    Commited ( from cleveland...looks promising)
    Brothers Keeper (cover looks lame tattoo style dice and shit...who knows)
    Chain of Strength (These guys Look very crucial...classic live shot cover w/ insane pit)

    all have used cd's at my local shop.
    dude from commited sounds a lot like ray of today

    brothers keeper was one of the first metal core folk. similar to earth crisis

    chain of strength- mixed emotions. good music. true til death is an anthem. but they were fake. the pics are all fake and staged including the one you're talking about on the cover. were sellouts and singing sounds about edge.

  3. #3
    I dropped something xdaddydaycorex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,032

    Re: Re: are they any good?

    Originally posted by xsecx
    dude from commited sounds a lot like ray of today

    brothers keeper was one of the first metal core folk. similar to earth crisis

    chain of strength- mixed emotions. good music. true til death is an anthem. but they were fake. the pics are all fake and staged including the one you're talking about on the cover. were sellouts and singing sounds about edge.
    hows the music on commited...i take it your not a big yot fan.

  4. #4
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,366

    Re: Re: Re: are they any good?

    Originally posted by atomicLP
    hows the music on commited...i take it your not a big yot fan.
    nah. I like yot alot. I like commited as well.

  5. #5
    I dropped something xdaddydaycorex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,032

    Re: Re: Re: Re: are they any good?

    Originally posted by xsecx
    nah. I like yot alot. I like commited as well.
    sweet, for 5 bucks i'll give commited a try.
    i will avoid the rest.
    not into the earth crisis sound
    not into fakers.
    thx

  6. #6
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,366

    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are they any good?

    Originally posted by atomicLP
    sweet, for 5 bucks i'll give commited a try.
    i will avoid the rest.
    not into the earth crisis sound
    not into fakers.
    thx
    you should get the chain record too. it's used so it's not like it's going to them. and the music is worth listening.

  7. #7
    I dropped something xdaddydaycorex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,032

    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are they any good?

    Originally posted by xsecx
    you should get the chain record too. it's used so it's not like it's going to them. and the music is worth listening.
    funny,, i think i was going to anyway.

  8. #8
    I dropped something xdaddydaycorex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,032

    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are they any good?

    Originally posted by atomicLP
    funny,, i think i was going to anyway.
    i mean there is so much good sxe from bands that have broken edge since...so hell, if it sounds good, and its cheap, and like you said they aint gettin' paid...fuck it...it's mine.

  9. #9
    you're only old once... flame_still_burns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    chicago.
    Posts
    1,944
    dude. if you are from california you need to have that chain record. i love chain of strength...
    all there is- is in the knowing, that this never has to end.

  10. #10
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,366
    Originally posted by flame_still_burns
    dude. if you are from california you need to have that chain record. i love chain of strength...
    but you have to admit them trying to say that true til death wasn't a edge song was fucking lame. as well as the staged photos.

    that being said


    listen up
    i just have one thing to say
    i wanna talk about, something
    that means a fucking lot to me
    its a matter of pride,
    well its the way i feel
    WHEN THERES BETRAYAL
    where the fuck is your head man?
    just how much did it ever mean to you?
    well its my life, its my solid rock, my anchor
    the one truth i can believe
    committed to myself, and committed to you
    its a matter of pride, well its the way i feel
    WHEN THERES BETRAYAL
    it hurts so bad every time i see that shit
    am i the only one left?
    my friends tell me i should let it ride
    and ill feel stronger inside
    yes, im much stronger

  11. #11
    you're only old once... flame_still_burns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    chicago.
    Posts
    1,944
    i agree with all of the above.

    however. this band is highly sing alongable...and good for simulated stage dives onto beds.

    now i wanna listen to the TTD seven inch.

    we used to sing the last line of that song... 'yes, i drink lager' (echo)
    all there is- is in the knowing, that this never has to end.

  12. #12
    Registered User Racer X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    41

    one king down

    just picked up one king down / bloodlust revenge...super sweet!!!
    dont remember who hyped it, but glad you did.
    go albany!!!
    ...half of our lives dissolved in fear
    half of our rights they disappear.

  13. #13
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,366

    Re: one king down

    Originally posted by Racer X
    just picked up one king down / bloodlust revenge...super sweet!!!
    dont remember who hyped it, but glad you did.
    go albany!!!
    I thought you didn't like metal/tough guy stuff like strife? I'd characterize okd as very strife like.

  14. #14
    Crucial Duel AxZxHxC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    177
    I bought a commited 7", but my record player is broken so i still havent heard it. the cover is so crucial though, its killing me! it says "COMMITED Cleaveland Straight Edge The Pride We Shared.

  15. #15
    XVX xJoeyNormalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand.
    Posts
    159
    You should get Brother's Keeper, just for the vocal screeches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soren Kierkegaard
    "I have just now come from a party where I was its life and soul; witticisms streamed from my lips, everyone laughed and admired me, but I went away ... and wanted to shoot myself."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. good recipes?
    By HardCore HardHead in forum Veggie/Vegan Resources
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 04:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •