Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you play nu-metal...

If you play nu-metal...

...you don't play hardcore. Nu-metal has no place in hardcore and vice-versa. Metalcore I can accept. I like Earth Crisis, I like Converge, I like Throwdown*. When it starts to sound like the Deftones and is played by long-haired, baggy-trousered kids who don't go to other bands shows...well, it ain't fucking hardcore, it's nu-metal.

That is all.

* IE, xPanterax
    Quote Originally Posted by Soren Kierkegaard
    "I have just now come from a party where I was its life and soul; witticisms streamed from my lips, everyone laughed and admired me, but I went away ... and wanted to shoot myself."

dont dis deftones, they have more hardcore influence than alot of this so called metalcore crap today
    I'll draw you a picture. I'll draw it with a twist.
    I'll draw it with a blade. I'll draw it on my wrist.
    If I draw it correctly, a red fountain will appear.
    Washing away my sorrow, washing away my tears.

Yeah, there's a lot of shitty metalcore.

However, if you wear baggy fucking pants and have a turntablist, you're nu-metal. If you think your fruity bullshit is hardcore, you're stupid.

I don't mind the Deftones, but if they began calling themselves a hardcore band, I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soren Kierkegaard
    "I have just now come from a party where I was its life and soul; witticisms streamed from my lips, everyone laughed and admired me, but I went away ... and wanted to shoot myself."

i think you need to reealize its music, and as long as kids are having fun, then its rad.
    I channel ralph wiggim for fun and profit.

Originally posted by unspoken
    i think you need to reealize its music, and as long as kids are having fun, then its rad.
    tell sec that!!!

Originally posted by XuntaintdbloodX
    tell sec that!!!
    when did I ever say anything about nu metal?

Originally posted by xsecx
    when did I ever say anything about nu metal?
    i believe unspoken said music not nu-metal

i believe unspoken said music not nu-metal
    and? the discussion is about nu metal not anything else. if you want to discuss something else, then do it. I've never said anything to the contrary of what's been stated here.

and? the discussion is about nu metal not anything else. if you want to discuss something else, then do it. I've never said anything to the contrary of what's been stated here.
    so your straight edge if you listen to nu-metal but not if you listen to hardcore but dont make it to shows? i thought straight edge is hardcore and hardcore is straight edge NOTHING MORE

so your straight edge if you listen to nu-metal but not if you listen to hardcore but dont make it to shows? i thought straight edge is hardcore and hardcore is straight edge NOTHING MORE
    when at any point did anyone say anything about nu metal and straight edge?

you've got a chip on your shoulder because you don't think things through. how can you be claim to be apart of something without actually participating? Your inferiority complex is the problem here.

when at any point did anyone say anything about nu metal and straight edge?

you've got a chip on your shoulder because you don't think things through. how can you be claim to be apart of something without actually participating? Your inferiority complex is the problem here.
    HMMMM HOW BOUT CAUSE THIS IS A STRAIGHT EDGE SITE AND A NU-METAL THREAD...SEE THE BLEND? my porblem is a rag on every kid who doesnt know as much about hardcore and straight edge is you were you the founder of it? cause then i can understand if you know erverything about it cause you set the ground rules but if yer just the administrator of the site then i doubt you know EVEYTHING unless they give you straightedge/hardcore handbooks and if thats the case send me one

HMMMM HOW BOUT CAUSE THIS IS A STRAIGHT EDGE SITE AND A NU-METAL THREAD...SEE THE BLEND? my porblem is a rag on every kid who doesnt know as much about hardcore and straight edge is you were you the founder of it? cause then i can understand if you know erverything about it cause you set the ground rules but if yer just the administrator of the site then i doubt you know EVEYTHING unless they give you straightedge/hardcore handbooks and if thats the case send me one
    everything that's mentioned here isn't automatically linked to straight edge. kids talk about video games and movies. that doesn't hold. or even make any sense.

It's not a rag. If you don't know that much. learn. ask questions. You don't get to acheive a level of respect simply because you want it. You haven't experienced things for yourself, but yet you want people to respect you like you have? you haven't interacted with straight edge kids. You've never been to a show. How/why should you expect to think you know everything? Or even a small amount?

everything that's mentioned here isn't automatically linked to straight edge. kids talk about video games and movies. that doesn't hold. or even make any sense.

It's not a rag. If you don't know that much. learn. ask questions. You don't get to acheive a level of respect simply because you want it. You haven't experienced things for yourself, but yet you want people to respect you like you have? you haven't interacted with straight edge kids. You've never been to a show. How/why should you expect to think you know everything? Or even a small amount?
    because the first statement goes something like if you play nu-metal you dont play hardcore it has no place in hardcore and vis-versa...but i see your point on the rest of yer statement and at least your not makin fun of me i dont say ill never go to a show just havent yet i didnt pretend to know stuff though and i did ask when womens jeans for guys was cool one question and no offense but are all straight edge kids snobs for their cause? or just like to fuck with the kids who dont listen to what they listen to? im not gonna tell you a sob story but there was this douche bsag straight edge kid in my summer school health class and he was all like oh you listen to that watered down hardcore (atreyu) i listen to tough guy hard core (earth crisis and madball) and that made him sound like such a poser hahaha

because the first statement goes something like if you play nu-metal you dont play hardcore it has no place in hardcore and vis-versa...but i see your point on the rest of yer statement and at least your not makin fun of me i dont say ill never go to a show just havent yet i didnt pretend to know stuff though and i did ask when womens jeans for guys was cool one question and no offense but are all straight edge kids snobs for their cause? or just like to fuck with the kids who dont listen to what they listen to? im not gonna tell you a sob story but there was this douche bsag straight edge kid in my summer school health class and he was all like oh you listen to that watered down hardcore (atreyu) i listen to tough guy hard core (earth crisis and madball) and that made him sound like such a poser hahaha
    who's being a snob? You come making statements that don't make any sense and people call you on that. It's not like you came around and started asking questions. go into the questions portion of the site. Point to me where anyone is being a snob.

who's being a snob? You come making statements that don't make any sense and people call you on that. It's not like you came around and started asking questions. go into the questions portion of the site. Point to me where anyone is being a snob.
    whoa someones inferiority complex is showing i just ment you and that kid not anyone else i havent talked to anyone else on here except for that ed person and you said he didnt know what he was talkin about either so it must only be you who knows what they are talkin about this is your site so you are god and no one can prove you wrong and your reply will be id have to be wrong first to be proven wrong (which in yer eyes you never are)

Thread Information