Thread: why opiods scare me

why opiods scare me

http://www.npr.org/2013/11/02/242594...look-at-heroin

I don't know why they're prescribed here knowing the downside.

I once saw a NGC docu about these doctors in Florida and other states, prescribing painkillers just for the fun of it. It has become a whole new thing in the drug underworld as the dealers began to know about it. Could it have something to do with it?
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X View Post
    I once saw a NGC docu about these doctors in Florida and other states, prescribing painkillers just for the fun of it. It has become a whole new thing in the drug underworld as the dealers began to know about it. Could it have something to do with it?
    It's a side effect. "pain clinics" have popped up specifically to prescribe painkillers to people that are already addicted. People don't think they're addicted because it's coming from a pharmacy and not from a drug dealer. There have been doctors arrested for writing prescriptions for these that people didn't need because they're addicted.

People in stable, middle-class neighborhoods are also dying from opioid overdoses, a study in New York City finds.

(Yes, this is a "Holy thread resurrection, Hatman!" post.. haha)

Personally, I don't even see the appeal of such drugs.

A few years ago I had two wisdom teeth pulled and I needed something for the pain. I had actually gotten an RX for hydrocodone about 6 months to a year prior on Christmas day when I had a cold and my sinuses were pressing on a tooth nerve causing flashes of pain at one tooth. Well, that's what the ER docs prescribed for it. The pain quit the same day after and I never used a single pill. Flash forward to when I finally had the two rotten teeth extracted finally, I had the pain killers on hand already. I had filled the RX but never used any.

A friend warned me to be careful with them because they are so addictive. Frankly? I had no issues with them. In fact I took half of one most of the time. I easily switched to regular OTC ibuprofen as soon as I could. I used less than half of the 15 count that was in the RX when filled in December 2010. Yes, I managed to use only 7 out of 15 and I had no addiction or withdrawl issues.

I can't say they made me feel "good" or "high" even. Foggy maybe, at the most. They knocked out the pain which is what I needed and I rested a lot, but they were by no means habit forming for me. Maybe I'm resistive to them, since I am also resistive to a lot of other RXs, possibly due to being so heavily drugged as a kid (roughly between age 7 to 17) by various psych drug pushing "doctors", including many drugs the companies say shouldn't be taken by anyone under 18.

I have never abused drugs though, nor alcohol.. so that can't be a factor in my body's drug resistance. Come to think of it, that may have actually been the first time I ever even took hydrocodone or any sort of heavy pain killers. I never broke any bones as a kid nor had any other dental problems, so I don't think I ever had pain killers prior to that -- nor since.

Test, just a test

Hello. And Bye.
    Website for android games.

Thread Information