PDA

View Full Version : Good Clean Fun

xLAx
03-19-2004, 03:54 AM
Hello all... I'm new here, 16/m from socal... just wondering if anyone here has heard of Good Clean Fun? They are by far my favorite hardcore band. If you haven't heard of them you should check them out. THey're hilarious and ridiculously good all at the same time. www.phyte.com/gcf

xsecx
03-19-2004, 07:59 AM
they also went through drummers like they were toilet paper.

I seriously don't understand why kids are so obsessed with this band, especially when it's nothing but joke songs, and a joke that's gone on too long.

straightXed
03-19-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by xsecx
they also went through drummers like they were toilet paper.

I seriously don't understand why kids are so obsessed with this band, especially when it's nothing but joke songs, and a joke that's gone on too long.

I saw them about a month ago, they played queen, the darkness, metalica and gorilla biscuits that show? And it was another new drummer and 2 new guitarists.

xsecx
03-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by straightXed
I saw them about a month ago, they played queen, the darkness, metalica and gorilla biscuits that show? And it was another new drummer and 2 new guitarists.

damn. it's gotten even worse. so now it's just an excuse for issa to travel around the world for free.

straightXed
03-19-2004, 11:16 AM
damn. it's gotten even worse. so now it's just an excuse for issa to travel around the world for free.

Pretty much, wish i'd done it :) But the joke is definitely past its sell by date, especially with the fullfilling their own prophecy shit.

xLAx
03-19-2004, 05:28 PM

you sure it was new guitarists? I also saw them in anaheim and I'm pretty sure it was the same guys off of straight outta hardcore...

and I like them mainly because of the messages they send out about drugs and what not... makes me remember why i love straight edge

straightXed
03-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by xLAx
you sure it was new guitarists? I also saw them in anaheim and I'm pretty sure it was the same guys off of straight outta hardcore...

and I like them mainly because of the messages they send out about drugs and what not... makes me remember why i love straight edge

well when they toured last time here they were still only using one guitar, straight outta hardcore was out and they were playing a few songs of it, and every time before that has been a new drummer, but yes i am definitely sure.

xLAx
03-19-2004, 06:03 PM
fair enough... i still like 'em

straightXed
03-19-2004, 06:35 PM
ooops

xsecx
03-19-2004, 09:29 PM

what message?

xLAx
03-20-2004, 02:07 AM
just about how drugs fuck you up and that if bad stuff happens you always have to put it in perspective and stay positive.. hence the posi-core.

eg:
"drugs are not cool like everybody supposes
there's more to life than kids getting high and snorting up their noses
and whats with all the alcohol? escaping will not solve your problems anyway"

"And at that moment
You'll wish you hadn't spent
All your book money on beer
Your friends are high, your grades are low
Couldn't shake a stick at what you know
But when it comes to blood alcohol
You get a 4.0"

"I always knew I'd never follow
A man with a bottle
Because a bottle makes a man
A baby not a role model
So I took the time to sit and think
I knew I'd never have a drink
I'll always be clear
To see it through"

they also have songs about just having fun.. just whenever I listen to them it puts me in a good mood... and isnt that one of the reasons people listen to music?

straightXed
03-20-2004, 08:25 AM

eg:

buffy sucks.

xsecx
03-20-2004, 08:51 AM
just about how drugs fuck you up and that if bad stuff happens you always have to put it in perspective and stay positive.. hence the posi-core.

eg:

"And at that moment
You'll wish you hadn't spent
All your book money on beer
Your friends are high, your grades are low
Couldn't shake a stick at what you know
But when it comes to blood alcohol
You get a 4.0"

"I always knew I'd never follow
A man with a bottle
Because a bottle makes a man
A baby not a role model
So I took the time to sit and think
I knew I'd never have a drink
I'll always be clear
To see it through"

they also have songs about just having fun.. just whenever I listen to them it puts me in a good mood... and isnt that one of the reasons people listen to music?

uh, those are joke songs and it's a joke band. it's kind of hard to take thing seriously when the lyrics are clearly a joke. especially when they have songs about firestorming people. If you want positive hardcore listen to insted or youth of today. 2 bands who were positive and weren't jokes.

straightXed
03-20-2004, 09:54 AM
uh, those are joke songs and it's a joke band. it's kind of hard to take thing seriously when the lyrics are clearly a joke. especially when they have songs about firestorming people. If you want positive hardcore listen to insted or youth of today. 2 bands who were positive and weren't jokes.

Insted definitely, everyone should listen to insted today, its sooooo good.

xsecx
03-20-2004, 09:58 AM
Insted definitely, everyone should listen to insted today, its sooooo good.

YOU.........AND ME.......WE'LL MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!

xLAx
03-20-2004, 08:39 PM
youth of today is also one of my favorite bands... and I realize they're joke songs, but that doesnt mean they don't believe in the things they say.

I will definitley check out insted.

xsecx
03-20-2004, 10:50 PM
youth of today is also one of my favorite bands... and I realize they're joke songs, but that doesnt mean they don't believe in the things they say.

I will definitley check out insted.

uh....

Peaceful protest doesn`t get the job done
So I wake up for the rally grab my soy milk and my gun
Breakfast with the family get the grub to see what`s up
Then I saw my sister had milk in her cup
I jumped out of my chair and sprayed her with my mace
I yelled 'vegan power' and I kicked her in the face
Dad was bugging, he started to run
But he`s a meat eater so I pulled out my gun
Shot him in the back, then I shot his wife
That`s how it`s got to be in defense of all life

see, that's the thing about jokes. they usually aren't a real representation on what you feel. especially when you don't actually have a serious song.