PDA

View Full Version : sxe appearance

devilhoused
03-12-2004, 01:34 PM
i occasionally mark my hands with x and sport wristbands in moshpits. i've worn studs & spikes, had 6 piercings (ears & cartilage, eyebrow, tongue & tongue flap; no more flap or cartilage tho.) i'm designing a tattoo which i hope to get soon on my forearm. for the most part i dress in whatever i want. rather normal/average dresscode: polo shirt, khakis or jeans, casual shoes... other would be conforming to look sxe. i know i'm x i don't need to portray stereotype x to onlookers (besides my piercings.) either way, judge not.

in realizing today as a new age when times change, even for hardcore...

how many of you follow sxe standards with 'x's on hands, tats, wrist bands, studs & spikes, shades of black etc.?

xvunderx
03-12-2004, 02:33 PM
I don't even know what would constitue an sxe look. I wear the odd band shirt etc, but for the most pat I don't even think about it, I just wear what i want. If that a frilly pink dress, it's a frilly pink dress. I don't think there is any need to get all caught up in apperences.

flame_still_burns
03-12-2004, 02:45 PM
i wear either a pair of brown corduroy's or jeans that fit.

maybe a white t-shirt, maybe a dickies button up, maybe a band shirt.

if it's cold a blue gas station jacket with a judge pin on it, or a black champion zip up hoodie.

converse jack purcell's- black.

an x swatch.

i have three x's tattooed on my left wrist.

i have earth crisis tattooed on my face(a joke from an earlier thread)

with the exception of the x stuff i don't think i adhere to much of an edge look.

straightXed
03-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
i wear either a pair of brown corduroy's or jeans that fit.

maybe a white t-shirt, maybe a dickies button up, maybe a band shirt.

if it's cold a blue gas station jacket with a judge pin on it, or a black champion zip up hoodie.

converse jack purcell's- black.

an x swatch.

i have three x's tattooed on my left wrist.

i have earth crisis tattooed on my face(a joke from an earlier thread)

with the exception of the x stuff i don't think i adhere to much of an edge look.

ouch it hurts when i laugh.

for me its always function over fashion.

No peircings, people pull them out, in fact i saw someone at a martial arts seminar once who was getting all 'feisty' with someone explaining kung fu, he was a real big guy and was adamant that this small kung fu guy couldn't do anything. He was getting pretty annoying so this kung fu guy just ripped his nose ring out and the big guy didn't seem to interested anymore.

i have 3 x's tattooed on my leg. I never wear sweat bands, studs, spikes or any of that. I rarely x up at shows nowadays. I just wear comfortable stuff that doesn't restrict me.

linsee
03-12-2004, 03:53 PM
i wear what i want to wear regardless. but my wardrobe consists mostly of jeans and band tshirts and sauconys or converse. i dont wear spikes or anything like that. i have stretched ears and rook, tragus, tongue, and labret piercings. 3 tattoos, none are "edge".

how are spikes and studs considered edge? or anything you mentioned aside from actually X ing up?

xvunderx
03-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by straightXed
ouch it hurts when i laugh.

for me its always function over fashion.

I just wear comfortable stuff that doesn't restrict me.

I wish I could say the same, but for some reason i just feel the need to dress like a big tard. I feel drawn to stupid shoes like these huge 5 inch high mary janes, and feel the need to put onthe most impractical clothes and jewelry. I get told I look like a raver or something.

I used to love playing dress up when i was a little kid, then I got old enough that no one could tell me no, and now i just play dress up every day!

I'm getting better though! I'm breaking my make up addiction.

I just swing from super tomboy, to uber girly fashion wreck. I think it working in fashion (which I guess I do now) is what has made things so bad.

devilhoused
03-12-2004, 03:58 PM
spikes and studs...

maybe not edge per se, but punk nonetheless which is associated. a lot of edgers accumulate piercings, tats, and stuff. my piercings aren't with an edge basis either; just my style. a relection of who i am. and i am x!

xvunderx
03-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by devilhoused
spikes and studs...

maybe not edge per se, but punk nonetheless which is associated. a lot of edgers accumulate piercings, tats, and stuff. my piercings aren't with an edge basis either; just my style. a relection of who i am. and i am x!

yeah but edge isn't punk.

linsee
03-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by xvunderx
I wish I could say the same, but for some reason i just feel the need to dress like a big tard. I feel drawn to stupid shoes like these huge 5 inch high mary janes, and feel the need to put onthe most impractical clothes and jewelry. I get told I look like a raver or something.

I used to love playing dress up when i was a little kid, then I got old enough that no one could tell me no, and now i just play dress up every day!

I just swing from super tomboy, to uber girly fashion wreck. I think it working in fashion (which I guess I do now) is what has made things so bad.

i think you dress how i want to dress if i had money for a new wardrobe. i love shoes like that but i dont dress up so there's no point in buying them. instead i own sooo many pairs of sneakers instead of dress shoes.

straightXed
03-12-2004, 04:21 PM

i think its cool to dress like "a big tard" but its just not how i feel comfortable, i asume how you dress is comfortable to you and in that sense we dress the same, i'm not immune to fashion i was all about skate fashion in the early 90's it kinda makes me cringe now but i still think it's cool:)

straightXed
03-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by linsee
i think you dress how i want to dress if i had money for a new wardrobe. i love shoes like that but i dont dress up so there's no point in buying them. instead i own sooo many pairs of sneakers instead of dress shoes.

sneakers rule

xvunderx
03-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by linsee

Most my stuff is pretty cheap, or home made.

I'm getting to the point where I have a load of sneakers, but I still love by beat up old pair of Osiris.

xvunderx
03-12-2004, 04:32 PM
i think its cool to dress like "a big tard" but its just not how i feel comfortable, i asume how you dress is comfortable to you and in that sense we dress the same, i'm not immune to fashion i was all about skate fashion in the early 90's it kinda makes me cringe now but i still think it's cool:)

This is very true. I have some past moments where I cringe at the thought of what I used to wear. And I can;t even hide behind the it was cool at the time excuse, cos it wasn't it, was stupid then and embarasing now!

devilhoused
03-12-2004, 05:10 PM
yeah but edge isn't punk. like i said, they've become associated. ive seen many edge tats as well.

btw, i love my polo shirts, polo jeans, and polo shoes. im way into style i suppose. have too many pairs of shoes and clothes for the average male. i tend to be considered well above average (narcissistic even!) i don't really look edge right off or punk for that matter (anymore) but it helps that i know that i am :)

i consider my piercings, x's, and such my ball and chain. (even if piercings aren't edge right off; just style points and i'll take em.) keeps me grounded.

straightXed
03-12-2004, 06:16 PM
like i said, they've become associated. ive seen many edge tats as well.

btw, i love my polo shirts, polo jeans, and polo shoes. im way into style i suppose. have too many pairs of shoes and clothes for the average male. i tend to be considered well above average (narcissistic even!) i don't really look edge right off or punk for that matter (anymore) but it helps that i know that i am :)

i consider my piercings, x's, and such my ball and chain. (even if piercings aren't edge right off; just style points and i'll take em.) keeps me grounded.

i think fashion aspects associated with edge are very different from those that are associated with punk.

I think its slightly odd that you consider those things your ball and chain, its like its keeping you from something else.

xgregx
03-12-2004, 06:22 PM
I wear

-band t-shirts
-jeans
-converse
-black zip up hoodie

I only 'X it up' when I am playing a show.

straightXed
03-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by xshadowsfallx
I where

-band t-shirts
-jeans
-converse
-black zip up hoodie

I only 'X it up' when I am playing a show.

You need a mesh baseball hat

devilhoused
03-12-2004, 06:44 PM
i think fashion aspects associated with edge are very different from those that are associated with punk.

I think its slightly odd that you consider those things your ball and chain, its like its keeping you from something else. i understand what you mean about edge and punk having their differences. i think i associate the two because they can sort of blend at some point. at least that's my opinion...

i say ball and chain because they no matter what my ball and chain aren't coming off. it's a reminder to everyone i encounter that i am my own control. the duality of ball and chain is ironic cause i can see how it seems like it would weigh me down as "prisoner," but in this context i refer to my feet being firmly grounded. a mainstay :)

straightXed
03-12-2004, 06:58 PM
i understand what you mean about edge and punk having their differences. i think i associate the two because they can sort of blend at some point. at least that's my opinion...

i say ball and chain because they no matter what my ball and chain aren't coming off. it's a reminder to everyone i encounter that i am my own control. the duality of ball and chain is ironic cause i can see how it seems like it would weigh me down as "prisoner," but in this context i refer to my feet being firmly grounded. a mainstay :)

i don't agree that they blend myself.

you seem very sure that you will remain peirced and always x up. Wheres the irony? ball and chains are simply relative to prisons and chain gangs, its not ironic just a poor metaphor for what you wanted to say.

devilhoused
03-12-2004, 08:56 PM
i don't agree that they blend myself.

you seem very sure that you will remain peirced and always x up. Wheres the irony? ball and chains are simply relative to prisons and chain gangs, its not ironic just a poor metaphor for what you wanted to say. whatever. i really don't wanna mince words til they lose meaning, but thanks. you get the jist i'm sure and thanks for your input.

i'm surely not going to leave my piercings in forever, and i rarely "x up."

devilhoused
03-12-2004, 09:05 PM
furthermore, i was just thinking as i was doing more of my laundry (it's been since like november 2003 or something. i'll never wait so damn long again; been doing laundry all day & night! can't believe i was still finding shit to wear and still looked good...) i really do falsely associate punk and x. i guess thats just my story.

but i can see the bold line separating the two.

i no longer dress and act punk btw. i look more like a fashion model and i act like a pro. :)

straightXed
03-13-2004, 05:39 AM
whatever. i really don't wanna mince words til they lose meaning, but thanks. you get the jist i'm sure and thanks for your input.

i'm surely not going to leave my piercings in forever, and i rarely "x up."

Thats fine its just you clearly minced the meaning of the word ironic, are you living up to that american stereotype by any chance? its odd because i don't come across that one often at all yet its quite prominent in the general english mindset of the americans. But yeah like you say, whatever!:) I actually find the jist a little hard to grip, you say no matter what they arent coming off and then say you are surely going to remove them, do understand how that relays to someone else, i don't mean to be picky but it is a contridiction in terms. I'm sure it all made perfect sense in your head but imagine me reading it with no real idea about who you are, so i can't fill in the gaps and know what you mean. so what i base things on are just the words i have infront of me.

devilhoused
03-13-2004, 08:45 AM
Thats fine its just you clearly minced the meaning of the word ironic, are you living up to that american stereotype by any chance? its odd because i don't come across that one often at all yet its quite prominent in the general english mindset of the americans. But yeah like you say, whatever!:) I actually find the jist a little hard to grip, you say no matter what they arent coming off and then say you are surely going to remove them, do understand how that relays to someone else, i don't mean to be picky but it is a contridiction in terms. I'm sure it all made perfect sense in your head but imagine me reading it with no real idea about who you are, so i can't fill in the gaps and know what you mean. so what i base things on are just the words i have infront of me. true that. i didn't even realize how badly i was contradicting myself. what i really meant is that i don't remove them for anybody else; but instead, i follow my own will. kinda like "fuck you, i've got edge!" or, i pierce my face up cause i want to; i'm x cause i want to be. and when i do remove the jewelry, its not going to be because i lose edge, but because i want to. i regret the confusion and i hope it's clear. crystal. :)

maybe rather than a ball and chain it'll be an anchor. that sounds less threatening (or not.) then again, i never felt threatened by ball and chain cause i knew what it meant. nevertheless, thanks for keeping up with me. :)

xgregx
03-13-2004, 10:04 AM
You need a mesh baseball hat

no, I don't wear hats...sorry

straightXed
03-13-2004, 10:26 AM
no, I don't wear hats...sorry

it was a joke.

xgregx
03-13-2004, 11:05 AM
it was a joke.

damnit...why don't I pick up on these things...

straightXed
03-13-2004, 11:22 AM
damnit...why don't I pick up on these things...

are you asking me?

sXeWrestler108
03-16-2004, 07:18 PM
I rarely appear "edge" in the way I dress because I do not like to force what I am on others if they don't want to look at it. I don't X my hands unless I'm going to a party where people may be drinking and except for a few pairs of ufo pants and a shirt that says "straightedge" on it I just dress in whatevers comfortable/looks good.

AxZxHxC
03-16-2004, 11:11 PM
i have two styles.

summer:
saucony shadows or nike air max sc
low cut white socks
khaki shorts
hardcore shirts (old school: gorilla biscuits, bold, stuff like that.)

winter:
old school vans (blue and black)
black socks
blue wrangler jeans
metalcore shirts (bleeding through, judas cradle, ...)
black hoodie

and either season i have:
x swatch (with custom MOSH guard)
black leather belt
okays key safe (key thinmg that attaches to my belt)

and i just got a nice high-and-tight haircut with an X shaved in the back of my head