PDA

View Full Version : op ivy

xsecx
03-06-2004, 11:40 AM
damn were they good.

flame_still_burns
03-06-2004, 12:58 PM
i was talking about this with my wife yesterday as one of the latest rancid videos was on tv. the 'if i fall back down, your gonna help me back up again' one... i said, i can't beleive this shitty band has a connection to one of my favorite bands ever.

good times...

xsecx
03-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
i was talking about this with my wife yesterday as one of the latest rancid videos was on tv. the 'if i fall back down, your gonna help me back up again' one... i said, i can't beleive this shitty band has a connection to one of my favorite bands ever.

good times...

BANKSHOT!

THE BOYS A TIME BOMB!

flame_still_burns
03-06-2004, 01:23 PM
i was riding in a car once many years ago and we were listening to op ivy and the song 'bad town' was on...this kid was with us and he thought they were saying:

"...no fat cows, no fat cows. no more fat cows."

xsecx
03-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
i was riding in a car once many years ago and we were listening to op ivy and the song 'bad town' was on...this kid was with us and he thought they were saying:

"...no fat cows, no fat cows. no more fat cows."

yeah I have a similar story, but it was a girl and she thought it was mad cow. she also thought an ignite song you was saying "I ride my horse in you" when the real lyric was "I wrap my hopes in you"

sabresnmets
03-11-2004, 05:07 PM
hey i hate to say it but i like rancid. however op ivy is awesome, sound system is the first ska song i heard

SgtD
03-16-2004, 03:35 AM
i knew rancid before i got the Energy cd. but op ivy was far better

"oooh ooh just another crowd..." yeah, and pro pain did a cover album, and they did this track too. it's awesome

xLAx
03-19-2004, 04:10 AM
this is a quote of billy joe armstrong from the op ivy website:

"On New Years Eve in 1987 was the first sold out show I went to at Gillman St. That was the first time I saw Operation Ivy. It caught me off guard because there were all these people on stage. Most of them seemed to be their friends and were singing along with them. They even gave a group of people their own microphone. Ya see, I always thought that up on the stage is where the rock stars are, and down below is where the fans are, so I thought, "what the hell? The whole place was jumpin with their friends, this ain't no concert!" I thought it was an inside joke that only the people at Gillman understood. And all I wanted to do was be a part of the whole thing, so I jumped on stage with everybody and started to sing along too. And guess what? No one kicked me off. I didn't even know what the hell they were singing, but I don't think anyone did. At one time I thought "Junkies Running Dry" was "Dumpty's Coming By" And I think everyone else that was there had their own song titles too.
After the show all my friends packed into a station wagon and took off for home. My friend Mike went home with a BeeGees record he won in the Stikky dance competition. My friend John Santos was picking Isocracy confetti out of his hair for the next three days, and I had "Hellen Drank My Beer" ("Yellin' in My Ear") stuck in my head, as we rode back the suburban shithole we called home."

I used to think the line from The Crowd was "We'll meet a captain instead," and I had no idea what they were talking about. I asked a friend about it and he said that it was "We need a gathering instead" and then slapped me.

Straightedgecat
04-01-2004, 07:39 PM
OP IVY's not bad somtimes they go a little to Ska for my liking.. but i still think that they make quality music.. and what they hell is with Tim Armstrong who used to be in OP IVY being the big Rancid superstar on MTV.. i fucking hate that network.. who else thinks that it should be damned to HELL!????

Straightedgecat
04-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
yeah I have a similar story, but it was a girl and she thought it was mad cow. she also thought an ignite song you was saying "I ride my horse in you" when the real lyric was "I wrap my hopes in you"

HAHAHA i like how the girl thought they were saying "Mad Cow"