PDA

View Full Version : what is behind sxe?

ostirala
02-21-2004, 08:54 AM
I'm not straight edge but i'm interested in it, I just wanna know what is behind sxe, I mean why you don't wanna drink, do drugs or be promiscous. why is it wrong?

xvunderx
02-21-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by ostirala
I'm not straight edge but i'm interested in it, I just wanna know what is behind sxe, I mean why you don't wanna drink, do drugs or be promiscous. why is it wrong?

Thas really a different deal for different people. There was a thread about everyones personal reasons.

http://sxe.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=772&highlight=origin

That should go some way to answering your question.

Besides the drug free ideals, there is a lot more that goes into making sxe sxe though.

ostirala
02-21-2004, 11:54 AM
thanks for that link, I've read it and I'm still wondering what is behind sxe. because for what people says I could be an sxe too: I like hardcore and punk and I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, i don't drink,... so whoever who don't do this tihngs and like hardcore is an sxe? I thought it was a life style maybe I'm wrong, please help me to understand

xsecx
02-21-2004, 11:57 AM
thanks for that link, I've read it and I'm still wondering what is behind sxe. because for what people says I could be an sxe too: I like hardcore and punk and I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, i don't drink,... so whoever who don't do this tihngs and like hardcore is an sxe? I thought it was a life style maybe I'm wrong, please help me to understand

it's both. straight edge is an active thing. it's something you choose to be, not something associated with you against your will. it's a movement.

ostirala
02-22-2004, 07:13 AM
ok, and what is the philosofy of this movement?? what is the diference between a person who don't smoke, don't do drugs, don't drink, isn't promiscous n like hardcore and a person who is straight edge? the only diference is that who is sxe is cuz she/he has chosen it?

xsecx
02-22-2004, 03:02 PM
ok, and what is the philosofy of this movement?? what is the diference between a person who don't smoke, don't do drugs, don't drink, isn't promiscous n like hardcore and a person who is straight edge? the only diference is that who is sxe is cuz she/he has chosen it?

yes. it's something you actively are. it's a label you take onto yourself. not one that someone gives you. it's like the difference between being bald and being a skinhead. a skin is something you are. it's a lifestyle. bald just means you have no hair.