PDA

View Full Version : record collectors?

flame_still_burns
02-18-2004, 11:11 AM
does anyone else on here collect vinyl?

i've been in the process of getting a list together.

straightXed
02-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
does anyone else on here collect vinyl?

i've been in the process of getting a list together.

not exclusivly but i like vinyl and have some and would always like more.

xvunderx
02-18-2004, 01:00 PM
I love vinyl best, sure it's not as convenient as a CD, but it has so much more personality. Just about all the stuff I brought over that I acctualy listen to is on vinyl. I get excited when it;s a coloured vinyl too :(

flame_still_burns
02-18-2004, 01:12 PM
i love it as well... i just talked to a guy who converts his vinyl directly onto his ipod... which is perfect for me, because i can have it all on vinyl at home but listen to it while i travel...

xsecx
02-18-2004, 01:16 PM
i love it as well... i just talked to a guy who converts his vinyl directly onto his ipod... which is perfect for me, because i can have it all on vinyl at home but listen to it while i travel...

I need to do this as well. since I have a ton of vinyl, but I'm not a collector. ipod's prices just need to drop.

flame_still_burns
02-18-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
I need to do this as well. since I have a ton of vinyl, but I'm not a collector. ipod's prices just need to drop.

...you bought a judge on green and you aren't a collector, hmmmm.

what's kind of weird is that even new records are coming out with record release/friends/special fest covers and pressings that make stuff that is brand new instantly collectible... ebay really hurt the ability to get a record collection cheap. many record stores now put records directly on ebay. i have several records that would sell for hundreds of dollars on ebay that i paid less than 10 dollars for in the store, because the store didn't know what it was.

xsecx
02-18-2004, 01:27 PM
...you bought a judge on green and you aren't a collector, hmmmm.

what's kind of weird is that even new records are coming out with record release/friends/special fest covers and pressings that make stuff that is brand new instantly collectible... ebay really hurt the ability to get a record collection cheap. many record stores now put records directly on ebay. i have several records that would sell for hundreds of dollars on ebay that i paid less than 10 dollars for in the store, because the store didn't know what it was.

I bought it, but I didn't keep it. I should have. damn youth and girlfriends. I collect in a way, but the same way I collect comics. I just want to have them to listen to/read. I don't really care if I have every press or color. I'm not a completist, but it is nice to have some things just to have.

flame_still_burns
02-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
I bought it, but I didn't keep it. I should have. damn youth and girlfriends. I collect in a way, but the same way I collect comics. I just want to have them to listen to/read. I don't really care if I have every press or color. I'm not a completist, but it is nice to have some things just to have.

that's kind of the way i am. i had a green judge and a purple gorilla biscuits that i sold when i first got married and was broke...now i want them back, but i don't want every pressing of every record i like... even though i have some records in multiple copies.

www.kevfinn.com

this guy has the sickest rev collection ever. and a pretty fucking good misfits one as well.

xsecx
02-18-2004, 01:44 PM
that's kind of the way i am. i had a green judge and a purple gorilla biscuits that i sold when i first got married and was broke...now i want them back, but i don't want every pressing of every record i like... even though i have some records in multiple copies.

www.kevfinn.com

this guy has the sickest rev collection ever. and a pretty fucking good misfits one as well.

he got a bunch of rev stuff because he was their first webmaster.

Dummy
03-01-2004, 06:48 PM
im suprised celena didn't respond
she had a collection but got it jacked and i gave her my brotherhood vinyl, it was white.

xsecx
03-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Dummy
im suprised celena didn't respond
she had a collection but got it jacked and i gave her my brotherhood vinyl, it was white.

how'd it get jacked?

and recordjacking is seriously the reason why I don't like to let hardcore kids stay at my house.

Dummy
03-02-2004, 02:45 PM
long story short
she had her records at an exboyfriends house
some guy told the exboyfriend that he was supposed to pick them up for her and give it back. he took them and sold them.

xsecx
03-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Dummy
long story short
she had her records at an exboyfriends house
some guy told the exboyfriend that he was supposed to pick them up for her and give it back. he took them and sold them.

figured it was something like that. damn that sucks. hardcore kids are fucking shady when it comes to records.

Dummy
03-02-2004, 03:02 PM
yeah but atleast he fessed up and gave her some money, didn't cover it all though.