PDA

View Full Version : newer hardcore....

flame_still_burns
02-13-2004, 08:30 PM
i thought i had given up on finding new hardcore that excited me. but lately i have been getting into a lot of newer hardcore bands... probably because they play hardcore like it sounded when i was a kid. bands like champion, the first step, stand and fight, try x harder, wear the mark... all good.

i'm really gonna do some shows down here. and i'm working all my contacts to get a band going... is this just a midlife crisis or is hardcore really coming around from the dark days of late 90's earth crisis?

linsee
02-13-2004, 09:11 PM
i think you might like this.
http://www.lambgoat.com/audio/listen.asp?clip=308

flame_still_burns
02-13-2004, 09:42 PM
i do like it...

thanks

linsee
02-13-2004, 09:53 PM
that's a few of the straightedge.com phode island kids band, one of them sent me a demo not too long ago.

Jesse
02-14-2004, 11:49 AM
yeah learn is fuckin sweet. I have the roles we play mp3 by them it rocks.

X magma X
02-27-2004, 10:32 AM
well thank you for the support when it comes to Learn guys.

hardcore is in a difficult stand point right now, when people consider bands like throwdown and evergreen terrance hardcore, it's just about the music, it's the ideals and the message that goes behind it and people are getting the wrong idea.

other bands you might want to check out are mental, jaguarz, verse, have heart, shoot to kill, committed, the promise, paint it black, diehard youth... i could give you a massive list...

Cuncussion
03-05-2004, 11:15 AM
if you like destroy the machines type Earth Crisis, Most Precious Blood is where it's at

SUNN O)))
03-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Still waiting for my Learn demo!

xgregx
03-05-2004, 07:22 PM
hey man, have you heard of Ashwin...they are out of Raleigh and they are getting signed in a month...they are so good...they are emo rock

www.purevolume.com/ashwinrock

SgtD
03-06-2004, 04:02 AM
so Lou from sick of it all told me With Honour is really great. and it is.

X magma X
03-08-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by SUNN O)))
Still waiting for my Learn demo!

i'm sure you are! i need to pick up a demo from my guitarist, he handles all that stuff. i had a lot of my postal stuff at home but we just got evicted so everything is in storage, i have to go down there one day to fish around for a package, i'm not close to that area though, on account of the fact i go to school a half an hour away, i'm sorry for the delay bro.

xethanx
03-15-2004, 11:31 PM
as maybe 2-3 of you might know, I run a label now. Most of the stuff I do as of right now is more metal however. Although What Lies Within (my old band) is more hardcore-rock-punk, maybe you'd like it....

www.HoldTrue.com/media

I am about to add a new member to the family too... there soooo good.... stay tuned :)

devilhoused
03-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by xethanx
as maybe 2-3 of you might know, I run a label now. Most of the stuff I do as of right now is more metal however. Although What Lies Within (my old band) is more hardcore-rock-punk, maybe you'd like it....

www.HoldTrue.com/media

I am about to add a new member to the family too... there soooo good.... stay tuned :) i'm digging this what lies within. and congrats on the label; good luck with that new signing.

xethanx
03-16-2004, 01:21 AM
thanks bro. I should have some shirts in stock tomorrow, and I also am sending our first release to the plant tomorrow to get pressed :)
I can't wait!! :) *orgasem* :)

devilhoused
03-16-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by xethanx
thanks bro. I should have some shirts in stock tomorrow, and I also am sending our first release to the plant tomorrow to get pressed :)
I can't wait!! :) *orgasem* :) ciurious: whose first release is it? (what band?)

xsecx
03-16-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by devilhoused
ciurious: whose first release is it? (what band?)

and here's the point where you can't make fun of other people making typos.

devilhoused
03-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by xsecx
and here's the point where you can't make fun of other people making typos. sheesh! thanks a lot for pointing it out! :)