PDA

View Full Version : Belive in straight edge phiolsophies but.....

Drug Free
02-01-2004, 12:22 AM
don't like hardcore. Are there any bands that arent hardore but still spread the positive message.
________
Honda CM250 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CM250)

flame_still_burns
02-01-2004, 06:39 AM
not really.

about the only thing i can think of is this idiot in the early 90's that tried to do straight edge raps. shit was weak. hardcore has very different styles within itself. what do you listen to now? if hardcore is too much for you... try listening to a record like 'can i say' by dag nasty. great record. has some edge credientials. but is a little more melodic and dare i say poppy.

if you don't wanna do that, then your username is a perfect description of you. drug free, there's nothing wrong with that.

straight edge is hardcore. if you don't like hardcore then perhaps calling yourself straight edge isn't for you... it's not meant to be a mean thing. but if you truely beleive in the straight edge philosophies then you don't need to call yourself straight edge to continue on that path.

xvunderx
02-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
not really.

about the only thing i can think of is this idiot in the early 90's that tried to do straight edge raps. shit was weak. hardcore has very different styles within itself. what do you listen to now? if hardcore is too much for you... try listening to a record like 'can i say' by dag nasty. great record. has some edge credientials. but is a little more melodic and dare i say poppy.

if you don't wanna do that, then your username is a perfect description of you. drug free, there's nothing wrong with that.

straight edge is hardcore. if you don't like hardcore then perhaps calling yourself straight edge isn't for you... it's not meant to be a mean thing. but if you truely beleive in the straight edge philosophies then you don't need to call yourself straight edge to continue on that path.

Exactly what i was going to say, just I would have have more typeos

sabresnmets
02-01-2004, 11:47 AM
yeah typeos!!!!!!dont worry i dont check my spelling before i send it either

sabresnmets
02-01-2004, 11:48 AM
and i cant be bothered with caps or apostrophes either. except when i start a thread.

Drug Free
02-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Cool, thanks.
________
Bimota 250RR (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Bimota_250RR)

Nikon
02-01-2004, 01:17 PM
try Ignite too
they are hardcore but on a mellow note

SgtD
02-02-2004, 03:05 AM
and Zoli is a hun! yeah...
was this stupid?

EDGEDUDE
02-05-2004, 02:14 PM
YES THERE IS, TRY A BAND CALLED "SUDARSHANA"
ITS A MELODIC KINDA FUSSION SXE BAND FORM ARGENTINA

EDGEDUDE
02-05-2004, 02:15 PM
I MENT "FROM ARGENTINA"

xTHOMASx
02-05-2004, 11:18 PM
I think this totally depends of Point of View. Even music these days is laden with "sellouts." So why follow a music instead of a movement. If you believe in what your doing and who you are listen to whatever you want. I wouldn't care if a person listened to the most god-aweful music on the planet as long as they promoted a safe and positive lifestlyle. It's just so f'n cool you know? Although, maybe my callous music perspective is because some of my fav "SXE Hardcore bands" ended up selling out *cough* goonies *cough*
Anyway, if your looking for some music to satisfy your needs check out some Joy Division or Cure. I don't think you can argue with that.

xvunderx
02-06-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by xTHOMASx
I think this totally depends of Point of View. Even music these days is laden with "sellouts." So why follow a music instead of a movement. If you believe in what your doing and who you are listen to whatever you want. I wouldn't care if a person listened to the most god-aweful music on the planet as long as they promoted a safe and positive lifestlyle. It's just so f'n cool you know? Although, maybe my callous music perspective is because some of my fav "SXE Hardcore bands" ended up selling out *cough* goonies *cough*
Anyway, if your looking for some music to satisfy your needs check out some Joy Division or Cure. I don't think you can argue with that.

Exept that sxe is a music based subculture, and without hardcore you're drung free and not staright edge.