PDA

View Full Version : The Big Wac experience

CarlaRant
02-23-2013, 08:00 AM
I had a Big Wac at Green Restaurant last night and my omnivore friend took a bite said it tastes just like a Big Mac. I know it couldn't have been healthy; probably loaded with sodium, but it was treat for myself after a 7-day workout and parent-teacher conferences. It was delicious, but it weirded me out. Anyone else have that feeling while eating mock meats?

mouseman004
02-23-2013, 01:55 PM
I had a Big Wac at Green Restaurant last night and my omnivore friend took a bite said it tastes just like a Big Mac. I know it couldn't have been healthy; probably loaded with sodium, but it was treat for myself after a 7-day workout and parent-teacher conferences. It was delicious, but it weirded me out. Anyone else have that feeling while eating mock meats?

That is awesome! I had a similar feeling with mock chicken fingers. There was a brand I used to buy that tasted almost exactly like actual chicken fingers, but were meatless, so it did weird me out a little.

easy
03-15-2013, 07:09 AM
I do sometimes get weirded out. HOWEVER, the closer a mock meat is to the real thing the easier it will be for me to get my son to enjoy it... Have you had those vegan 'hams' made in china and usually found in asian veggie places? That stuff creeps me the fuck out!