PDA

View Full Version : Hey there...

Xx.Becky.xX
01-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Ok so, I've been edge for 6 months now. I've never smoked, taken drugs and I'm not that fond of drinking so when I found out about straight edge from a friend I became really interested in it.
Problem is, I live in Romania (I was born in London). Romania serves cigarettes and alcohol in cinemas and mcdonalds so you can imagine how popular sXe is...
When I first told my friends I turned straight edge, they completely laughed at the idea, said how it was just one of my stupid 'phases' and it'll never last. It's hard to hang out with them anymore. They try and taunt me with beer and cigarettes thinking I actually WANT some and am just stubborn.
I've tried talkin to them seriously about it, but they just don't get it. Any advice?

Oh! And another question. Who wears the "x's" on their hands? And if so what do u use? I heard u can get blood poisoning from ordinary markers.

xvunderx
01-28-2004, 11:32 PM
Hi becky! it sounds pretty tough, i thought the UK was obssesed with drinking and smoking, it sounds even worse over there! To be honest when I first decided to be straight edge, I kept it on the down low, and just cut things out, I guess I kinda "came out the closet later". There were a few people who didn;t take me seriously, (my then boyfriend for one) but after a while people just got over it. I'd still get the odd "oooo beeeeer" thing, but I guess stick to your guns, and they'll just get bord.

SgtD
02-02-2004, 03:17 AM
so you live in romania...
I'm a hun. do you speak hungarian???

Xx.Becky.xX
02-02-2004, 05:14 AM
Nope, I live in Bucharest. But then again, I donm't speak Romanian either....

SgtD
02-04-2004, 05:29 AM
then why do you live there?
your parent's job moved there or what?

Xx.Becky.xX
02-04-2004, 01:48 PM
My parents work here and it SUCKS cuz u get no gigs here! And the rare gigs that they do have are in dusky basements with clouds of thick cigarette smoke!

xsecx
02-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Xx.Becky.xX
My parents work here and it SUCKS cuz u get no gigs here! And the rare gigs that they do have are in dusky basements with clouds of thick cigarette smoke!

yeah, but you get to live a completely different existance than most people.

Xx.Becky.xX
02-04-2004, 11:39 PM
To be honest, sometimes I don't notice I'm in Romania... it feels like I'm still in England. I mean, I don't have many romanian friends, they're all english. And not only that, but we are pretty fortunate here. The only thing that is pretty bad is the live performances here.

SgtD
02-05-2004, 03:01 AM
yeah, Romainia sucks ass. but hey, what do you want after 5 decades of communist regime? i have hun friends there, who told me the romanian communist secret agency is still working...

our country had 40 years of communism, but it's much better living here...
Romanian hospitals look like a barn, and there are really big problems with AIDS. most of the HIV+s got infected in a hospital.. and this is a fact!

there are gigs here, but the greatest bands never visited Hungary...except for Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, and now Sick of it all is gonna come!!! yeah! you probably don't know what this means to me, cos in the U.K. or in the USA it's a common thing going to gigs where great bands play.

SgtD
02-05-2004, 03:08 AM
http://www.freeweb.hu/thesixcuts/index/soiawebad100k.gif
YEAH!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!!

flame_still_burns
02-05-2004, 06:40 AM
wow. the last time i bothered to look at sick of it all was some time in the mid 90's when i went to a show(and only 'cause sheer terror was playing)... those dudes are looking old. armand looks like he's 50.

xsecx
02-05-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
wow. the last time i bothered to look at sick of it all was some time in the mid 90's when i went to a show(and only 'cause sheer terror was playing)... those dudes are looking old. armand looks like he's 50.

he's probably close.

SgtD
02-06-2004, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
now that's what I'm talking about. it's a common thing to go to a sick of it all gig, and you find no interest in it...
but as for me, it's gonna be christmas that day.