PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Fell About Gay Marriage.

xearvasex
06-02-2012, 02:53 PM
If you ask me I don't see anything wrong about it. Who am I to say someone else can't be happy.

xsecx
06-02-2012, 08:43 PM
The opposition of it is something that doesn't make sense to me. If people want to get married, go for it. It'd actually help improve the economy.

Anarcho-Edge
06-04-2012, 08:02 AM
If you ask me I don't see anything wrong about it. Who am I to say someone else can't be happy.

Couldn't agree more

xvunderx
06-04-2012, 09:27 AM
The opposition of it is something that doesn't make sense to me. If people want to get married, go for it. It'd actually help improve the economy.

Exactly this

mouseman004
06-07-2012, 06:15 PM
I will never understand opposition to Gay marriage. What other people want to do with their own lives is nobody's business but their own. I am also annoyed that the Provincial government in Ontario put forward an anti-bullying law that makes it illegal for schools to ban groups called "Gay-Straight Alliance" (or something along those lines, I forget the specific name) and Catholics have been holding rallies at the legislature protesting against this law saying it is an afront to freedom of religion and it promotes anti-christian values. Really?! You're protesting against Anti-Bullying Legislation?? REALLY?!

Lifestyle_X
06-08-2012, 01:11 AM
I will never understand opposition to Gay marriage. What other people want to do with their own lives is nobody's business but their own. I am also annoyed that the Provincial government in Ontario put forward an anti-bullying law that makes it illegal for schools to ban groups called "Gay-Straight Alliance" (or something along those lines, I forget the specific name) and Catholics have been holding rallies at the legislature protesting against this law saying it is an afront to freedom of religion and it promotes anti-christian values. Really?! You're protesting against Anti-Bullying Legislation?? REALLY?!

Ha, are they for real? They really need to think things over.

Jacob
07-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Marriage should be allowed between two consenting adults no matter what, because why should anyone else care if John and Jack want to get married, or if Tony wants to marry his cousin Cindy.

xsecx
07-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Marriage should be allowed between two consenting adults no matter what, because why should anyone else care if John and Jack want to get married, or if Tony wants to marry his cousin Cindy.
in your example, because Tony and Cindy would be creating inbred children, potentially with serious health issues. I'll agree that non related adults should be able to marry, but I do believe that relatives should not.

Jacob
07-21-2012, 05:44 PM
in your example, because Tony and Cindy would be creating inbred children, potentially with serious health issues. I'll agree that non related adults should be able to marry, but I do believe that relatives should not.

I don't have a problem with cousins getting married or creating children, In most cases when two cousins create children they're born perfectly fine, I remember reading online that there's only a 2% more chance that the children will be born with health issues if the parents are related. I think that if two people are happy together and decide to get married, they should be able to do so without other's protesting.

xsecx
07-21-2012, 06:16 PM
I don't have a problem with cousins getting married or creating children, In most cases when two cousins create children they're born perfectly fine, I remember reading online that there's only a 2% more chance that the children will be born with health issues if the parents are related. I think that if two people are happy together and decide to get married, they should be able to do so without other's protesting. Do you also endorse parents marrying their children or siblings marrying?

Also, I found this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7404730.stm
I think it's fair to say that because there aren't that many first cousins marrying, that there isn't enough of a data sample to generate any kind of percentage of risk. I do think it's safe to say that the genetic diversity is a good thing. And as a result that some marriages shouldn't be allowed.

Jacob
07-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Do you also endorse parents marrying their children or siblings marrying?

Also, I found this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7404730.stm
I think it's fair to say that because there aren't that many first cousins marrying, that there isn't enough of a data sample to generate any kind of percentage of risk. I do think it's safe to say that the genetic diversity is a good thing. And as a result that some marriages shouldn't be allowed.

Personally I wouldn't endorse marrying immediate family members, but I'm sure there are some people that do and I wouldn't ever judge or look down on someone for supporting that.

and I will agree with there not being enough of a data sample to generate a percentage. But I still think they should be able to get married and have children, as long as they understand that their children could be born with health issues.

xsecx
07-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Personally I wouldn't endorse marrying immediate family members, but I'm sure there are some people that do and I wouldn't ever judge or look down on someone for supporting that.

and I will agree with there not being enough of a data sample to generate a percentage. But I still think they should be able to get married and have children, as long as they understand that their children could be born with health issues.
what's different from immediate family members and cousins marrying?

Jacob
07-24-2012, 07:37 PM
what's different from immediate family members and cousins marrying?

The only thing I can think of are there being more chances of children being born with major health issues, other than that I can't think of anything else.

You know what though, it's still their decision and if they're both consenting and realize what could happen, I say let them be happy and live their life the way they want to. So I'll take back my previous comment.

sleepyboi
09-30-2012, 09:04 PM
How did this get into incest?

Anyway, I'm a homo, so, yeah, it's good for me.

straightXed
10-12-2012, 11:13 AM
How did this get into incest?

Anyway, I'm a homo, so, yeah, it's good for me.

Do you think it is something that should be condoned in churches?

Diablo2424
10-12-2012, 01:26 PM

Agreed.

As for the incest thing, if it actually raises chances of health issues, then it definitely does bother me. If not, then I guess it's not really my place to judge people, it's just something that I wouldn't ever do.