PDA

View Full Version : Would you only date someone who is sXe?

sleepyboi
04-26-2012, 02:16 AM
Or in my case, just substance-free in general?

I would HIGHLY prefer a partner who doesn't drink or do anything at all.
I might allow cigarettes, only because I'm so used to them from my parents smoking them. But he will not smoke them in the house, nor will I ever touch one. And he should try to quit them or atleast reduce how much he smokes.

It's really hard finding a gay man who doesn't drink or do drugs, though. Like, really hard. I always feel like I'm gonna be alone forever... the few good men I've met have been taken. The only few good gay men are swooped up so quickly. Put a strip of bacon on the ground in front of a pack of like 100 dogs. Same concept. =\ Except I'm the weak dog who can't even get to it.

straightXed
04-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Or in my case, just substance-free in general?

I would HIGHLY prefer a partner who doesn't drink or do anything at all.
I might allow cigarettes, only because I'm so used to them from my parents smoking them. But he will not smoke them in the house, nor will I ever touch one. And he should try to quit them or atleast reduce how much he smokes.

It's really hard finding a gay man who doesn't drink or do drugs, though. Like, really hard. I always feel like I'm gonna be alone forever... the few good men I've met have been taken. The only few good gay men are swooped up so quickly. Put a strip of bacon on the ground in front of a pack of like 100 dogs. Same concept. =\ Except I'm the weak dog who can't even get to it.

No, but smoking sucks and i cant live with people who smoke.

Kid Edge
04-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Yeah,although it would definitely be hard

Lifestyle_X
04-26-2012, 01:35 PM
What Ed said.

Archons End
04-27-2012, 07:26 PM
I could be with somebody who wasn't Straight Edge but Substance free easily. I think it'd be harder to be with somebody who drinks, smokes, or does drugs though. I'd have to flat out say I could never be with a girl who does drugs no exceptions there. I can't really stand being near people when they smoke so I think if I ever was with someone who did I'd have to care an awful lot for them. As for drinking I wouldn't really want it around me at all but I might be able to deal with her drinking maybe just one here or there. No way I could do it if she got drunk though. I don't have much of a tolerance for drunks.

ClownMagix
04-27-2012, 10:44 PM
I would date anyone with an open mind.

linsee
04-28-2012, 09:11 AM
I've been with my boyfriend for a year and a half, and he is not straight edge.

Diablo2424
05-09-2012, 05:09 PM
I've been with my current fiance (dating 5 years - engaged 1 year) and she drinks socially... not to get drunk, and when she does it bother's me... but that's all she does... if she did anything else it definitely wouldn't have lasted this long...

straightXed
05-10-2012, 06:44 PM
I've been with my current fiance (dating 5 years - engaged 1 year) and she drinks socially... not to get drunk, and when she does it bother's me... but that's all she does... if she did anything else it definitely wouldn't have lasted this long...

Does she know it bothers you?

Diablo2424
05-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Does she know it bothers you?

I would like to say yes, but can't say %100 as I've never directly told her, just indirect hints.

It's just one of those things I sometimes feel like I should just let it go, or get over it... but there's other things recently between us that take a higher precedence to be discussed :-\

indestructible
05-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Sorry about that, hope you can talk it out.

rodrigo
05-16-2012, 11:19 AM
I would like to say yes, but can't say %100 as I've never directly told her, just indirect hints.

It's just one of those things I sometimes feel like I should just let it go, or get over it... but there's other things recently between us that take a higher precedence to be discussed :-\

that sucks, hope you can work things out for the best

straightXed
05-16-2012, 12:24 PM

Sounds like a fundamental problem, you need to be honest about what bothers you i feel, i think its better than having to indirectly hint to express yourself within a relationship.