PDA

View Full Version : red wine

xsecx
01-13-2012, 11:34 AM
So you know that whole red wine is good for you thing?

it's apparently bullshit.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/240222.php

straightXed
01-14-2012, 05:55 AM

i was always suspect of it even when i had assumed the findings weren't falsified in some way, glad my suspicions were on point!

rodrigo
01-14-2012, 09:03 AM
i was always suspect of it even when i had assumed the findings weren't falsified in some way, glad my suspicions were on point!

i was never suspect of it, but i always thought it was pretty dumb to tell people drinking was good. it's definitely good news anyway.

straightXed
01-14-2012, 01:52 PM
i was never suspect of it, but i always thought it was pretty dumb to tell people drinking was good. it's definitely good news anyway.

Thats a shame, i think some healthy suspicion is definitely good in these matters otherwise its just as bad as some kind of blind faith in religion. But then again if you think its dumb to tell people drinking was good then surely that shows you were somewhat suspicious of the idea? Unless you agreed with the findings but think doing things that are good is dumb...but i can't see that somehow! But yes, its good news for sure.

ClownMagix
02-04-2012, 11:10 PM

Most people who drink whine in America drink enough to get drunk, alcohol company's also fund anti drug commercials ("Because alcohol isn't a reeall drug") so that none of those drugs ever become legal and also so cigarettes become illegal giving alcohol company's no competition making it the number 1 drug, then people go on to make up things like "Red whine is good for you!" to justify their drinking.

I also hate it how it is made out to look like """If your 21 or over you can drink and it will be great and its all alright and it is bad for you unless you drink till you throw up but we dont talk about that part! :)!!"""

I had a teacher that used to justify alcohol, I hated her.

straightXed
02-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Most people who drink whine in America drink enough to get drunk, alcohol company's also fund anti drug commercials ("Because alcohol isn't a reeall drug") so that none of those drugs ever become legal and also so cigarettes become illegal giving alcohol company's no competition making it the number 1 drug, then people go on to make up things like "Red whine is good for you!" to justify their drinking.

I also hate it how it is made out to look like """If your 21 or over you can drink and it will be great and its all alright and it is bad for you unless you drink till you throw up but we dont talk about that part! :)!!"""

I had a teacher that used to justify alcohol, I hated her.

I am pretty sure alcohol companies are not for ciggerettes being banned, Public houses made huge losses when the smoking ban was introduced here and over the years both industries have advertised in favour of each other. Is there somewhere you read about this being the case?

As for wanting to be the number one drug well it certainly seems to already eclipse tobacco, certainly many people who drink do not smoke but based on my own experience much fewer people who smoke are teetotal. Not to mention alcohol is already coming on with leaps and bounds as to how much cancer it is responsible for...it could very well claim the top spot in that respect. However it will have to go a long way to knock caffeine off the top spot...but it seems they are happy working together by mixing caffinated beverages, particularly energy drinks, with copious amounts of alcohol to inflict missery on the masses.