PDA

View Full Version : Am I considered SXE?

sleepyboi
12-27-2011, 04:34 PM
First of all hi.

Where are you from?
Long Island, NY

None of the other questions apply to me, because I'm not into punk or SXE music. However, I don't do any substances ever. So am I considered straight edge? Hmm.

Also, is food cooked with alcohol considered anti-straight edge? Because I like penne a la vodka, but the alcohol is cooked out, and you can't taste it, not to mention there's probably vodka free recipes somewhere.

About me:
I'm anti-social. I love music and want to be a professional songwriter, maybe a singer but my singing sucks. I mostly write songs about society's downfalls, people's shameless expectations, mental disorders, etc. I like to be different. I mess around with my hair a lot. I'm athiest.
Also, I'm gay, I hope this isn't a problem, since I know there are probably Christians on here.
Also, I'm a furry, but not one of the crazy ones. :P Probably shouldn't even mention that but oh well.
I like world cultures and languages, and conlanging (constructing languages). Other likes include arts & crafts, writing, hiking, cooking, and I sleep a lot (thus my username). And I love pets and have a cat.

And um that's it I guess.

rodrigo
12-27-2011, 08:29 PM
First of all hi.

Where are you from?
Long Island, NY

None of the other questions apply to me, because I'm not into punk or SXE music. However, I don't do any substances ever. So am I considered straight edge? Hmm.

Also, is food cooked with alcohol considered anti-straight edge? Because I like penne a la vodka, but the alcohol is cooked out, and you can't taste it, not to mention there's probably vodka free recipes somewhere.

About me:
I'm anti-social. I love music and want to be a professional songwriter, maybe a singer but my singing sucks. I mostly write songs about society's downfalls, people's shameless expectations, mental disorders, etc. I like to be different. I mess around with my hair a lot. I'm athiest.
Also, I'm gay, I hope this isn't a problem, since I know there are probably Christians on here.
Also, I'm a furry, but not one of the crazy ones. :P Probably shouldn't even mention that but oh well.
I like world cultures and languages, and conlanging (constructing languages). Other likes include arts & crafts, writing, hiking, cooking, and I sleep a lot (thus my username). And I love pets and have a cat.

hey there! welcome to the site!
about your main question, the answer is no.
Straight Edge is a a part of the hardcore scene. basically we're hardcore kids who don't do drugs. but dont let that take you down though, being drug free is just as cool and awesome, we need more drug free people in the world, wether they listen to hardcore or whatever.

i'd imagine that if the alcohol dissapears entirely then it shouldnt be a problem. truthfully i'm not completely sure cause i never gave it much thought, we dont cook with alcohol in my place because we never cared about it.

dont say your singing sucks, just try harder and keep learning how to control your voice, as a music teacher i can tell you that everybody can sing, even if your voice sucks (mine does), but what's important is what you sing about.

and we may have some christians over here, but we hate homophobia and any kind of bigotry, so dont worry about it, no-ones gonna give you shit about stuff like that.

hope you stick around and posts lots everywhere and have some fun!

CarlaRant
12-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Yes, welcome! We accept all kinds of people. :D I mean, I used to be really into the hardcore scene, but I can't honestly say I'm part of it anymore. I identify more with being "drug free" and a scene sympathetic nowadays.

Kid Edge
12-28-2011, 05:53 PM
First of all hi.

Where are you from?
Long Island, NY

About me:

Wow that's a lot.But to answer your question,you're not so much sxe,as you are drug free.I guess you can be straight edge and listen to anything,but hxe is what sxe is all about,so if there's any hardcore band out there that you like,listen to them.I mean there's so many sub-genres out there,Rise Against can be considered hardcore

rodrigo
01-11-2012, 11:52 AM
http://www.ochef.com/165.htm

so alcohol does burn out entirely, but only after 3 hours of cooking.

ClownMagix
01-27-2012, 09:57 PM
First of all hi.

Where are you from?
Long Island, NY

About me:

Straight Edge is a life style so it dosent really matter if you dont listen to hardcore but most edgers hang out and meet at punk shows but yeah its a way of living your life

straightXed
01-28-2012, 06:17 AM
Straight Edge is a life style so it dosent really matter if you dont listen to hardcore but most edgers hang out and meet at punk shows but yeah its a way of living your life

It kind of does matter if you ask me, its the element that makes straightedge more than just abstaining from drink and drugs. The hardcore music and scene is a large part of the lifestyle and thats why, as you say, most edgers hang out at shows. I commend anyone that abstains from drugs and drink etc. i think its great but the term straightedge does pertain to an involvement in hardcore thus giving it a additional dynamic to being simply drug free or something.