PDA

View Full Version : We don't have cable

CarlaRant
12-27-2011, 10:22 AM
We don't have cable right now, but that doesn't stop Hubby from finding new shows to get addicted to every so often. Right now it's "Hell on Wheels" which is about the expansion of the railway after the Civil War; very gritty and engaging.

Other TV shows we're watching via Hulu: Raising Hope, New Girl, Community, Simpsons of course, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Parks & Recreation, and The Office. <--We like to laugh :D

Date night last night consisted of a meal and the new Sherlock Holmes film. It is what you expected and worth seeeing in the theater, but maybe not at full price.

By the by, has anyone read Ayn Rand's Anthem? I started a new job at a charter school and we're limited on books. It was one of the few class sets I found in the storage closet and so far, I'm not digging the plot. If I do have my kiddos read it, it would only be my 9th or 10th graders (I'm teaching 7-10th grade, Language Arts). Thoughts?

easy
12-27-2011, 10:29 PM
that railway show is good? it doesnt sound interesting but maybe u can convince me otherwise? what makes it enjoyable? oh and big band theory is fun... to be honest I think i read a book like once every 3 years hahaha... usually when i do though i go all out like some encyclopedia sized philosophical novel... AND TELL US ABOUT THE MEAL?!?!?

Lifestyle_X
12-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Yeah, I'm addicted to National Geographic. Too bad it's only on tv at night. And you guys sure watch a lot of shows!

CarlaRant
12-28-2011, 12:46 PM
that railway show is good? it doesnt sound interesting but maybe u can convince me otherwise? what makes it enjoyable? oh and big band theory is fun... to be honest I think i read a book like once every 3 years hahaha... usually when i do though i go all out like some encyclopedia sized philosophical novel... AND TELL US ABOUT THE MEAL?!?!?
It's the dramatized history of the Union Pacific Railroad, but it centers around a former Confederate soldier seeking revenge for his murdered wife. There are a lot of flawed characters, including a newly freed slave played by Common. I love Colm Meaney's character, a corrupted businessman trying to squeeze the governement for every dime while building the railway.

The meal wasn't anything special. It was a Mexican sit-down with some veggie options. I had the Veggie Fajitas with beans and rice and Hubby had a green corn tamale.

linsee
12-29-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm currently working my way through Farscape on Netflix.

rodrigo
01-01-2012, 01:43 PM
i've been watching suburgatory lately and i enjoy it.
also, i refuse to watch the latest episodes of community, cause once i watch em, i'll feel like it's over. this way it'll live forever.

xsecx
01-01-2012, 02:39 PM
i've been watching suburgatory lately and i enjoy it.
also, i refuse to watch the latest episodes of community, cause once i watch em, i'll feel like it's over. this way it'll live forever.

you do realize it's not been cancelled right?

rodrigo
01-01-2012, 02:54 PM
you do realize it's not been cancelled right?

the internet says it will. so i'm preparing for it, worst case scenario like.

xsecx
01-01-2012, 03:00 PM
the internet says it will. so i'm preparing for it, worst case scenario like.

check your internets again.