PDA

View Full Version : big brother is watching

Kid Edge
11-22-2011, 12:45 PM
There's a bill that's going around,that says that the government can censor what's on the internet.If this bill is passed,they can shut down amateur websites willy-nilly.If they find something that they feel challenges their opinions,its killed.They could even try to shut down this forum.Just letting you know what those politicians are planning to to our information

mouseman004
11-22-2011, 02:09 PM
There's a bill that's going around,that says that the government can censor what's on the internet.If this bill is passed,they can shut down amateur websites willy-nilly.If they find something that they feel challenges their opinions,its killed.They could even try to shut down this forum.Just letting you know what those politicians are planning to to our information

It is probably not to shut down websites that represent challenging viewpoints willy nilly. It is probably something to shut down questionable/dangerous content. Do you know the name of the bill? I am curious to check it out.

xsecx
11-22-2011, 04:20 PM

are you talking about the protect-ip act?

rodrigo
11-22-2011, 05:16 PM
there's one thing that bothers me about these kind of comments, it's that it just seems to try to raise awareness through fear and paranoia. the whole message to me just seems like "the goverment is gonna shut you down and shut you up!". i know you're a kid and kids can be a bit impressionable, so dont worry that much about it, but look into it.

what i do support is the use of "willy-nilly", cause as a latino it makes me smile. so cheers to that.

Lifestyle_X
11-22-2011, 06:58 PM
We should get Chuck D and Flavor Flav to shut the government down. Shut 'em down, shut 'em shut 'em down!

Kid Edge
11-28-2011, 11:23 AM
It is probably not to shut down websites that represent challenging viewpoints willy nilly. It is probably something to shut down questionable/dangerous content. Do you know the name of the bill? I am curious to check it out.

It's called the Stop Online Piracy Act,or SOPA

xsecx
11-28-2011, 12:44 PM
It's called the Stop Online Piracy Act,or SOPA

they're to shut down people that spread pirated content, not to stop dissent.