PDA

View Full Version : newscorp

xsecx
07-19-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm wondering what the chances are that the cameron government will survive this. I'm also wondering how newscorp comes back from this. It's one company that I won't mind having a smaller influence.

straightXed
07-19-2011, 03:28 PM
I'm wondering what the chances are that the cameron government will survive this. I'm also wondering how newscorp comes back from this. It's one company that I won't mind having a smaller influence.

Watching the murdochs on tv today, lots of squirming and rupert is ridiculous. I am hopeful for this to bury cameron and i am glad this whole issue has already encouraged newscorp to drop their bid for bskyb...i really didn't want that bid to be successful and if it hadn't been for the phone hacking i think it would have been. I also would not mind their influence being smaller still.

xsecx
07-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Watching the murdochs on tv today, lots of squirming and rupert is ridiculous. I am hopeful for this to bury cameron and i am glad this whole issue has already encouraged newscorp to drop their bid for bskyb...i really didn't want that bid to be successful and if it hadn't been for the phone hacking i think it would have been. I also would not mind their influence being smaller still.

I'm amazed at how high up the corruption seems to be. I thought it was funny that on his way out the top guy at scotland yard basically called cameron out to do the right thing and fall on his sword like he did. Cameron actually looks really bad, hiring someone from newscorp to head up communications, and who appears to have been involved in this. super sketchy shit.

straightXed
07-19-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm amazed at how high up the corruption seems to be. I thought it was funny that on his way out the top guy at scotland yard basically called cameron out to do the right thing and fall on his sword like he did. Cameron actually looks really bad, hiring someone from newscorp to head up communications, and who appears to have been involved in this. super sketchy shit.

I know, its totally crazy. I don't see how even the most devote follower of camerons party can have any confidence in them. I think he will be forced to go after tomorrow. But i do think that a lot more people will have to go to weed out the full extent of this corruption.

Did you see the foam pie attack?

xsecx
07-19-2011, 03:58 PM
I know, its totally crazy. I don't see how even the most devote follower of camerons party can have any confidence in them. I think he will be forced to go after tomorrow. But i do think that a lot more people will have to go to weed out the full extent of this corruption.

I wonder if it'll cause the coalition to dissolve and the creation of a new government.

Did you see the foam pie attack?
yeah. I actually thought it kinda sucked because it took away from the point.

rodrigo
07-19-2011, 03:59 PM

there's a place and a time for pie attacks.

straightXed
07-19-2011, 05:30 PM
I wonder if it'll cause the coalition to dissolve and the creation of a new government.

i would like that, i think its going to be complicated...i can't see nick clegg being able to take the position. I think they will just vote for a cameron replacement if it goes that way.

It did, it was pointless and did nothing constructive. Felt like totally the wrong thing to do in light of how the questioning had been going.