PDA

View Full Version : E3

rodrigo
06-08-2011, 10:42 AM
anybody excited about what got presented? i really like the bigass new controller of the Wii U

seems like a nice idea, specially for games like zelda or games with lots of changing tools or weapons.
and it seems that they're opening to a lot of new games, so that's good.

nothing specially fancy for the 3ds though, it's like they went all ahead with it last year and nothing now, just repeating what they did show last year.

playstation showed the new handheld Playstation Vita, and at least on the uncharted game they showed it seems pretty dope. also some games are suppousedly letting you save your games and be able to continue right where you left off on your playstation 3. that's cool too.

and i didnt see the microsoft announcements, but it doesnt seem like they did too much now.

xsecx
06-08-2011, 12:18 PM
uh. halo 4

also:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/08/nintendo-admits-its-wii-u-highlight-reel-was-spiced-up-with-ps3/

straightXed
06-08-2011, 12:57 PM
uh. halo 4

also:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/08/nintendo-admits-its-wii-u-highlight-reel-was-spiced-up-with-ps3/

Some things never change!!

rodrigo
06-08-2011, 01:00 PM
uh. halo 4

also:

halo 4 schmalo 4.
interesting info though, i never really cared about hd or not hd, but i can see why people would get mad about that

xsecx
06-08-2011, 08:11 PM
halo 4 schmalo 4.
interesting info though, i never really cared about hd or not hd, but i can see why people would get mad about that

biggest game franchise of the last decade.

wii u looks dumb.

rodrigo
06-08-2011, 08:36 PM
biggest game franchise of the last decade.

wii u looks dumb.

you just hate nintendo.

xsecx
06-08-2011, 08:40 PM
you just hate nintendo.

don't hate, just think a lot of their stuff is gimmicky and don't really stand up to long term use.

Like why would I want to use my tv as a giant ds, with a giant controller that I have to use a stylus with? that shit is dumb.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/06/wii-u-controller-press-1307466616.jpg

rodrigo
06-08-2011, 09:01 PM
don't hate, just think a lot of their stuff is gimmicky and don't really stand up to long term use.

Like why would I want to use my tv as a giant ds, with a giant controller that I have to use a stylus with? that shit is dumb.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/06/wii-u-controller-press-1307466616.jpg

cause after a while, it gets annoying trying to change weapons in zelda

xsecx
06-08-2011, 09:28 PM
cause after a while, it gets annoying trying to change weapons in zelda

more annoying than having to use a free hand to PICK UP A FUCKING STYLUS and CLICK THE ONE YOU WANT WITH A FUCKING STYLUS?

rodrigo
06-08-2011, 11:04 PM
more annoying than having to use a free hand to PICK UP A FUCKING STYLUS and CLICK THE ONE YOU WANT WITH A FUCKING STYLUS?

it's not like you cant use your finger, i didnt really use the stylus that much on the ds

straightXed
06-09-2011, 05:18 AM
the controller is huge though...

xsecx
06-09-2011, 06:39 AM
it's not like you cant use your finger, i didnt really use the stylus that much on the ds

but you used it because sometimes you have to. the touchscreen is cheap and shitty. I understand being a fanboy for nintendo, but come on dude, be honest. this is a really dumb idea.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/07/wii-u-controller-has-a-ds-style-touch-screen/

I also think most people are going to be gunshy after the wii. yes it sold a lot of units, but it also dropped off in the last year or so and they really didn't have that many games for it that anyone cared about or were excited about. So in that world, why would/should anyone buy the wii u? They'll get a couple of good games at launch, and then nothing for a really long time and eventually nothing at all. This happened with the gamecube and it happened with the wii.

Lifestyle_X
06-09-2011, 01:11 PM
I only care for Valve stuff.

rodrigo
06-09-2011, 03:06 PM
but you used it because sometimes you have to. the touchscreen is cheap and shitty. I understand being a fanboy for nintendo, but come on dude, be honest. this is a really dumb idea.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/07/wii-u-controller-has-a-ds-style-touch-screen/

I also think most people are going to be gunshy after the wii. yes it sold a lot of units, but it also dropped off in the last year or so and they really didn't have that many games for it that anyone cared about or were excited about. So in that world, why would/should anyone buy the wii u? They'll get a couple of good games at launch, and then nothing for a really long time and eventually nothing at all. This happened with the gamecube and it happened with the wii.

alright, you're right. and so far if that's how the screen is going to be, nintendo hasnt done a decent job at the introduction of it to people, adding that ps3 footage. still, i am willing to give it a chance, i play with my wii pretty often to be fair, but i can see how between chosing to buy a game that's avaliable for the 3 consoles relegates the wii far behind.

xsecx
06-10-2011, 08:16 AM
alright, you're right. and so far if that's how the screen is going to be, nintendo hasnt done a decent job at the introduction of it to people, adding that ps3 footage. still, i am willing to give it a chance, i play with my wii pretty often to be fair, but i can see how between chosing to buy a game that's avaliable for the 3 consoles relegates the wii far behind.

what was the last new wii game you bought? what wii game that's coming out are you excited for?

rodrigo
06-10-2011, 08:21 AM
what was the last new wii game you bought? what wii game that's coming out are you excited for?

by the last new, you mean recently released?
cause the last ones i got were spiderman shattered dimensions, some of those crazy bunny games, kirby and the new donkey kong game. but the spiderman one is on other platforms.

so far i'm excited about the new zelda game.
not sure what's coming next.

xsecx
06-10-2011, 08:43 AM
by the last new, you mean recently released?
cause the last ones i got were spiderman shattered dimensions, some of those crazy bunny games, kirby and the new donkey kong game. but the spiderman one is on other platforms.

so far i'm excited about the new zelda game.
not sure what's coming next.

so stuff that's been released over 6 months ago at this point, and something that isn't coming out until the end of the year.

If I were you, I'd spend more time with the ps3 and the xbox. Infamous 2 just came out...
la noir just came out. new batman is coming out. mass effect 3 is coming out portal 2 came out.

just so much more variety and so much better games.

rodrigo
06-10-2011, 08:53 AM
so stuff that's been released over 6 months ago at this point, and something that isn't coming out until the end of the year.

If I were you, I'd spend more time with the ps3 and the xbox. Infamous 2 just came out...
la noir just came out. new batman is coming out. mass effect 3 is coming out portal 2 came out.

oh, dont get me wrong, i do play with my ps3 a lot. we just go la noir couple weeks back, we downloaded infamous 1 and some other zombie bashing game for free due to the psn thing, and i already finished portal 2 in regular and co-op. and we got marvel vs capcom 3 some time ago too. i just never stopped playing with the wii.

mouseman004
06-10-2011, 09:10 AM

I am SO pumped for the new batman game. Apparently the map is insane.