PDA

View Full Version : Free Comicbook Day

rodrigo
05-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Tomorrow is Free Comicbook Day, kids! so remember to go grab your free funnybooks.

i'd recommend the Mouse Guard book, because it's awesome. and Lock & Key, because there's a chilean dude drawing it.
and it's free!

and while you're at your local comicbook store, buy something... it wont hurt you and you'll enjoy it.

straightXed
05-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Tomorrow is Free Comicbook Day, kids! so remember to go grab your free funnybooks.

i'd recommend the Mouse Guard book, because it's awesome. and Lock & Key, because there's a chilean dude drawing it.
and it's free!

and while you're at your local comicbook store, buy something... it wont hurt you and you'll enjoy it.

It depends on your local comic book store!!! Mine is an evil price hiking machine so i get the free comics there and then go buy something at the smaller independent store that can't really afford to run free comic book day but will chat to you about what comics are cool and be really helpful.

rodrigo
05-06-2011, 07:22 PM
It depends on your local comic book store!!! Mine is an evil price hiking machine so i get the free comics there and then go buy something at the smaller independent store that can't really afford to run free comic book day but will chat to you about what comics are cool and be really helpful.

sounds like a great plan. my comicbook store is awesome, but we dont get no free comics just yet and they're mostly the marvel and dc titles.

Dummy
05-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Mine went out of business. Need to find a place to get my yearly Usagi fix.

rodrigo
05-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Mine went out of business. Need to find a place to get my yearly Usagi fix.

http://freecomicbookday.com/fcbd_locator.asp

hope there's one near you

Dummy
05-06-2011, 10:15 PM
The one that is listed in my city was involved in a fire. It wasn't the fire that got 'em. It was the fireman's hoses. Not sure if they re-built.

straightXed
05-07-2011, 05:19 AM
sounds like a great plan. my comicbook store is awesome, but we dont get no free comics just yet and they're mostly the marvel and dc titles.

Its understandable really, it costs quite a bite to put on free comic day. And many stores may not see much of an increase in sales or return visits to justify the costs. I totally concur with your sentiment to support shops that do put it on unless they are rubbish stores! Nice double negative though dude!

CarlaRant
05-07-2011, 09:18 AM
It is today! Don't forget, nerds!

It's also National Train Day & Amtrak's 40th birthday.

And I'm going to the STATE ROLLER DERBY CHAMPIONSHIP today!!! Wish me luck.

xCrucialDudex
05-07-2011, 12:09 PM

and it's free!

Too bad nothing like that happens in my area.

rodrigo
05-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Its understandable really, it costs quite a bite to put on free comic day. And many stores may not see much of an increase in sales or return visits to justify the costs. I totally concur with your sentiment to support shops that do put it on unless they are rubbish stores! Nice double negative though dude!

i didnt notice it!

straightXed
05-07-2011, 03:26 PM
i didnt notice it!

Thats because you were thinking of comics!

rodrigo
05-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Thats because you were thinking of comics!

they Rule Everything Around Me

rodrigo
05-07-2011, 06:18 PM
so did any of you kids got some free books today?
hope you did!

straightXed
05-07-2011, 06:38 PM
so did any of you kids got some free books today?
hope you did!

I'm waiting till next week...we have a comic convention and they usually give all the free comics away in a goody bag as you enter.

rodrigo
05-07-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm waiting till next week...we have a comic convention and they usually give all the free comics away in a goody bag as you enter.

sounds like good times, any big guests?

straightXed
05-08-2011, 04:08 AM
sounds like good times, any big guests?

http://www.spexpo.co.uk/bristol.htm