PDA

View Full Version : godaddy

rodrigo
04-04-2011, 08:07 AM
http://wonkette.com/442021/does-sexist-phucktard-elephant-killer-have-your-web-domain

so it aparently was on the news too.
dude seems like a douche!

Cubey
04-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Blah. My domain is with godaddy.. and this is news to me. I just renewed it a couple days ago too (it was due to expire Apr 15).

I may just go with namecheap to get away from godaddy... $5 for another year is cheap. I just paid $10 at godaddy which actually is also cheap.

xKappax
04-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Blah. My domain is with godaddy.. and this is news to me. I just renewed it a couple days ago too (it was due to expire Apr 15).

I may just go with namecheap to get away from godaddy... $5 for another year is cheap. I just paid $10 at godaddy which actually is also cheap.

You should probably change...

http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/computers/stories/20000-customers-leave-godaddycom-in-response-to-ceos-elephant-shooting-

After the video was released, NameCheap offered to transfer accounts for $4.99 and donate $1 for each new customer to the nonprofit. As of April 5, NameCheap says it has raised $20,433 to help African elephants.

xvunderx
04-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Godaddy's commercials are so offensive to me that I would never have touched them with a barge pole any way, so finding out the guy is such a douche bag isn't a huge surprise to me, it just makes me feel better about hating them!

Cubey
04-18-2011, 10:33 PM
I did switch. Now I don't have to renew for 2 years and I'm away from godaddy.

rodrigo
04-19-2011, 06:48 AM
I did switch. Now I don't have to renew for 2 years and I'm away from godaddy.

was it hard to do?
mine is with them and i was going to wait till the domain was going to die

Cubey
05-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Nope. It was a bit confusing getting the code it asked for or whatever but overall it was painless. You might have to Google on how to do it and also on how to remove your personal info from Godaddy as you can't delete your account. You can remove cards and edit your name, address etc and put in nonsense crap in place of it like I did.