PDA

View Full Version : how much do you like facebook?

straightXed
02-20-2011, 08:13 AM
would you name your kid facebook?

http://techcrunch.com/2011/02/19/facebook-egypt-newborn/

I'm wondering how the kid will fare at school and how long till baby sxe.com!

mouseman004
02-20-2011, 08:42 AM

At leat there is an important event that motivated naming their kid facebook. I thought this was just going to be about some Canadian or American who loves facebook and therefore named their kid facebook.

rodrigo
02-20-2011, 08:46 AM

i'd name my kid sxe.com if the right incentives are presented

straightXed
02-20-2011, 09:45 AM
At leat there is an important event that motivated naming their kid facebook. I thought this was just going to be about some Canadian or American who loves facebook and therefore named their kid facebook.

its great that the important event was taken into consideration but surely it would not be hard to address that with a better name than facebook, just put a little thought into naming your kid is all i am saying. I don't get why you thought it would be an american or canadian though?

straightXed
02-20-2011, 09:46 AM
i'd name my kid sxe.com if the right incentives are presented

What would it take?

rodrigo
02-20-2011, 10:06 AM
What would it take?

probably a bunch of money or something for that effect, house or an appartment.

now, if they're naming kids facebook because of what it meant for the country at that point in time, I believe that Dini and Justine's first kid must be named sxe.com, because they met here. it is only fair.

mouseman004
02-20-2011, 12:34 PM
its great that the important event was taken into consideration but surely it would not be hard to address that with a better name than facebook, just put a little thought into naming your kid is all i am saying. I don't get why you thought it would be an american or canadian though?

Oh, I still think it is a really stupid idea for them to name their kid facebook, but I am just saying at least there is a shred of justification behind it.

No particular reason as to why I thought it would be a Canadian or American. Just that I vaguely recall that not long ago there was a facebook group called "if this group reaches ______ members, I'll name my kid facebook" and I think it was a Canadian or American who started the group.

mouseman004
02-20-2011, 12:35 PM
now, if they're naming kids facebook because of what it meant for the country at that point in time, I believe that Dini and Justine's first kid must be named sxe.com, because they met here. it is only fair.

I second this.

straightXed
02-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Oh, I still think it is a really stupid idea for them to name their kid facebook, but I am just saying at least there is a shred of justification behind it.

No particular reason as to why I thought it would be a Canadian or American. Just that I vaguely recall that not long ago there was a facebook group called "if this group reaches ______ members, I'll name my kid facebook" and I think it was a Canadian or American who started the group.

Won't make difference though really, most people won't be interested in why he is called facebook just that he is and that it seem ridiculous. But the justification seems pretty poor to me also.

Your no particular reason sounds like a particular reason though!!

straightXed
02-20-2011, 12:51 PM
probably a bunch of money or something for that effect, house or an appartment.

I once met a girl on a bus...glad that didn't last!

Lifestyle_X
02-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Naming your kid facebook? It's just not a smart decision if you ask me. If facebook's name would be craigslist and you'd name your kid Craig, I could accept it better.

Lifestyle_X
02-20-2011, 12:55 PM

Dude, you could name your kid Buzz Lightyear!!!

rodrigo
02-20-2011, 12:58 PM

waddayamean? you could have been the proud father of Omni Bus Woodward!

straightXed
02-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Dude, you could name your kid Buzz Lightyear!!!

huh? Why buzz lightyear?

straightXed
02-20-2011, 05:43 PM
waddayamean? you could have been the proud father of Omni Bus Woodward!

Thats exactly what i mean!!

mouseman004
02-20-2011, 07:22 PM
huh? Why buzz lightyear?

Maybe he meant BUS lightyear?

rodrigo
02-20-2011, 07:39 PM

potato-tomato

straightXed
02-21-2011, 05:09 AM

Yeah i still don't get it? Why?

straightXed
02-21-2011, 05:10 AM
potato-tomato

fries and ketchup

Lifestyle_X
02-21-2011, 05:17 AM
Cause it's on a bus! And it made me think, I'd rather name him Buzz Lightyear than Bus Anything.

straightXed
02-21-2011, 06:40 AM
Cause it's on a bus! And it made me think, I'd rather name him Buzz Lightyear than Bus Anything.

well the non existant child may be a girl you know!

i think if you are going to avoid naming the child anything bus related opting for buzz lightyear is not a step in the right direction!

The connection does seem pretty strained though, i mean in common they share a B and a U. Its like "oh we met in california...lets call our child cauliflower!"

rodrigo
02-21-2011, 06:45 AM
well the non existant child may be a girl you know!

i think if you are going to avoid naming the child anything bus related opting for buzz lightyear is not a step in the right direction!

The connection does seem pretty strained though, i mean in common they share a B and a U. Its like "oh we met in california...lets call our child cauliflower!"

it should be a little better than that, because "buzz" would be a proper name in tvland and movieland and so far nobody's named cauliflower, as awesome as that name is.

straightXed
02-21-2011, 07:31 AM
it should be a little better than that, because "buzz" would be a proper name in tvland and movieland and so far nobody's named cauliflower, as awesome as that name is.

Well you go ahead and call your kid buzz lightyear then! The point is there is no connection with bus aside from the first 2 letters...thats the point that i was making with the whole cauliflower thing, but just to make a better comparison...we met in barcelona lets call the kid batman. Or we met square dancing lets call the kid squirrel girl!!

rodrigo
02-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Well you go ahead and call your kid buzz lightyear then! The point is there is no connection with bus aside from the first 2 letters...thats the point that i was making with the whole cauliflower thing, but just to make a better comparison...we met in barcelona lets call the kid batman. Or we met square dancing lets call the kid squirrel girl!!

that's why i said only a little better

Lifestyle_X
02-21-2011, 09:58 AM

This made me laugh so hard!!

straightXed
02-21-2011, 10:39 AM
This made me laugh so hard!!

And this is the problem, people laghing at kids names because their parents are idiots!

straightXed
02-21-2011, 10:44 AM
that's why i said only a little better

Its hardly going to console the kid if you say to little buzz lightyear...wel were going to call you cauliflower...plus there were fictional characters called the cauliflower kids in the 80's! Surely that makes cauliflower a legitimate name now!

rodrigo
02-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Its hardly going to console the kid if you say to little buzz lightyear...wel were going to call you cauliflower...plus there were fictional characters called the cauliflower kids in the 80's! Surely that makes cauliflower a legitimate name now!

oh, then yeah, but only if you met the girl or boy while watching them or working in that show.

Lifestyle_X
02-21-2011, 11:13 AM
And this is the problem, people laghing at kids names because their parents are idiots!

You mean the problem are the idiot parents or the laughing people?

straightXed
02-21-2011, 11:21 AM
oh, then yeah, but only if you met the girl or boy while watching them or working in that show.

Or doing anything that starts with CA

straightXed
02-21-2011, 11:23 AM
You mean the problem are the idiot parents or the laughing people?

both.