PDA

View Full Version : don't go out with me, i'll fuck your day up and everything else!

Lifestyle_X
02-12-2011, 09:51 AM
My buddy Mathieu is now in the US for 2 months to do a course he needs to do for his job, he left this morning in Brussels.
So the plan I had in mind was to give him an awesome time before he left, in Antwerp! Went partying there etc etc. Now, when we had to leave to be on time for his check-in at the airport, I realized that I lost the car keys.. searched everywhere (included passing the red light district like 10 times around 5:30 AM, looking for the keys on the ground..) but it didn't help. All of Mathieu's luggage was in the car, so we were all fucked. Called my mom a dozen times, did some great multitasking.
A guy showed up to 'break' into the car the 'official' way, we got all his luggage. Got in a taxi all the way to Brussels, just in time for his check-in! I had to go from Brussels to my hometown by train, it took my 2 hours to get there.
Now the car is still standing in this parking in the middle of Antwerp, locked up with all the car papers in it, and oh yeah... we lost the reserve key a year ago! Now we're riding in a Skoda rental car.

I suck.

rodrigo
02-12-2011, 10:54 AM
My buddy Mathieu is now in the US for 2 months to do a course he needs to do for his job, he left this morning in Brussels.
So the plan I had in mind was to give him an awesome time before he left, in Antwerp! Went partying there etc etc. Now, when we had to leave to be on time for his check-in at the airport, I realized that I lost the car keys.. searched everywhere (included passing the red light district like 10 times around 5:30 AM, looking for the keys on the ground..) but it didn't help. All of Mathieu's luggage was in the car, so we were all fucked. Called my mom a dozen times, did some great multitasking.
A guy showed up to 'break' into the car the 'official' way, we got all his luggage. Got in a taxi all the way to Brussels, just in time for his check-in! I had to go from Brussels to my hometown by train, it took my 2 hours to get there.
Now the car is still standing in this parking in the middle of Antwerp, locked up with all the car papers in it, and oh yeah... we lost the reserve key a year ago! Now we're riding in a Skoda rental car.

I suck.

oh man.. that really sucks
but look at the bright side, your friend didnt miss the plane, you're alive and got an adventure to tell your grandsons

mouseman004
02-12-2011, 11:28 AM

I suck.

Holy shit man, you at least gave him a night out he wouldn't forget! But it's good that he made it to the airport in time, and like Rodrgio said, now you have a story to tell!

Lifestyle_X
02-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Yeah I guess it'll be all better in a week from now.

xvunderx
02-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Wow! That kind of read like a pitch for a movie. Lucky that your friend got off in time, I hope you can get your car back soon

Lifestyle_X
02-15-2011, 10:09 AM
We're just hoping that Mercedes will be quick making the two car keys, maybe we have them tomorrow, maybe next week. The problem is that all the papers are in the car in Antwerp, and they need 'em to make the keys. But who knows, they'll have to understand our situation!