PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul

xCrucialDudex
12-31-2010, 06:05 AM
So, what do you think about the guy?

I seem to like his train of thought in many respects. Specifically his views on the need of less government regulations and that fiat money system that we have today is a terrible way to go.

xsecx
12-31-2010, 08:00 AM
So, what do you think about the guy?

I seem to like his train of thought in many respects. Specifically his views on the need of less government regulations and that fiat money system that we have today is a terrible way to go.

out of touch, slightly insane.

xCrucialDudex
12-31-2010, 08:24 AM
out of touch, slightly insane.

why?

xsecx
12-31-2010, 08:44 AM
why?

i take it back. completely insane.

http://www.garyshood.com/ronpaul/

xCrucialDudex
12-31-2010, 09:00 AM
i take it back. completely insane.

http://www.garyshood.com/ronpaul/

And who wrote that? It seems to me you never really knew a lot about the guy before and just started reading whatever came up in Google. It is true that his views are somewhat radical and uncommon, and no, he doesn't have all the answers but the direction he's talking about is a lot more sensible than the one US is going today.

I suggest that you see this interview with RP on ABC:

A6a9549ZeqQ

That post you've posted a link to is really twisting what RP talks about.

xsecx
12-31-2010, 09:15 AM
And who wrote that? It seems to me you never really knew a lot about the guy before and just started reading whatever came up in Google. It is true that his views are somewhat radical and uncommon, and no, he doesn't have all the answers but the direction he's talking about is a lot more sensible than the one US is going today.

A6a9549ZeqQ

it's not isolated and it's not what one person wrote. you forget that I live in the country and have been exposed to what he thinks when he tried to run for president. I stand by my previous statement that dude is out of touch and insane.

xCrucialDudex
12-31-2010, 10:34 AM
it's not isolated and it's not what one person wrote. you forget that I live in the country and have been exposed to what he thinks when he tried to run for president. I stand by my previous statement that dude is out of touch and insane.

The post you gave a link to states:

Gay Marriage? Ron Paul won't stand for that.

This is what RP says on homosexuality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6a9549ZeqQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=123s).

Is that an accurate interpretation of his words in your view? I think no which automatically undermines trust to everything that was written in that post.

xsecx
12-31-2010, 11:19 AM
The post you gave a link to states:

This is what RP says on homosexuality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6a9549ZeqQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=123s).

Is that an accurate interpretation of his words in your view? I think no which automatically undermines trust to everything that was written in that post.

You're failing to take into account that the interview you posted was made after that page was. Ron Paul has a long legislative record against homosexuality. That's a documented fact.
He's voted to block same sex couples from being able to adopt. I'll just keep repeating myself, he's out of touch and insane.

He's not for gay marriage. he's personally opposed to it. If you actually listen to the interview you'd find hat he does in fact have issues with it and that his "support" is limited as long as people don't impose their marriages on anyone else. That's political doublespeak. He doesn't want the government to stop it, he wants religion to do it.

I'm also going to suggest you read the following:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/533817/ron_pauls_libertarian_newsletters_revealed.html?ca t=9

mouseman004
12-31-2010, 11:20 AM

A6a9549ZeqQ

No dude, he really is insane.

xCrucialDudex
12-31-2010, 01:19 PM
No dude, he really is insane.

Just saying "he's insane" doesn't get us anywhere. Introduce specifics, please.

I admit I just started discovering who the heck is RP and what he really stands for but so far he seems like a really solid, rational and sensible person to me. As I said I'm referring mostly to the broad direction he's talking about not specific solutions he offers per se.

Less regulation is a sensible direction. Laws and legal restrictions hardly help fix any real problems. They do not deal with problems in an attempt to fix them once and for all. All they do is manage the problems and thus help maintain their existence.

Anyway, specifically why do you think he's "insane"?

xCrucialDudex
12-31-2010, 01:22 PM
You're failing to take into account that the interview you posted was made after that page was. Ron Paul has a long legislative record against homosexuality. That's a documented fact.
He's voted to block same sex couples from being able to adopt. I'll just keep repeating myself, he's out of touch and insane.

He's not for gay marriage. he's personally opposed to it. If you actually listen to the interview you'd find hat he does in fact have issues with it and that his "support" is limited as long as people don't impose their marriages on anyone else. That's political doublespeak. He doesn't want the government to stop it, he wants religion to do it.

I'm also going to suggest you read the following:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/533817/ron_pauls_libertarian_newsletters_revealed.html?ca t=9

I've finished reading that and I'm completely clueless what you think it can prove. This article offers no conclusive evidence that RP wrote those newsletters.

xsecx
01-03-2011, 02:27 PM
I've finished reading that and I'm completely clueless what you think it can prove. This article offers no conclusive evidence that RP wrote those newsletters.

the fact that they're his newsletters is somehow lost on you?

xCrucialDudex
01-05-2011, 12:47 AM
the fact that they're his newsletters is somehow lost on you?

He said he didn't write those and that it was someone else and there's no proof of who really wrote the newsletters so you can believe anything, either he's lying or he's telling the truth. I'd prefer to dismiss this argument completely for the lack of evidence though and not take it into consideration until conclusive evidence is presented.

xsecx
01-05-2011, 08:39 AM
He said he didn't write those and that it was someone else and there's no proof of who really wrote the newsletters so you can believe anything, either he's lying or he's telling the truth. I'd prefer to dismiss this argument completely for the lack of evidence though and not take it into consideration until conclusive evidence is presented.

He denied writing those articles, but never denied that they were from his newsletters. So how exactly is there no proof?

"In Ron Paul's newsletters, anti-Semitism is cloaked in anti-Israel rhetoric and in the baiting of the Israel lobby. Gays are given a good shellacking for being immoral conduits of the AIDS pandemic. (In this latter category of bigotry, Paul's alleged ghostwriters are rivaled by the actual statements of former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee himself.) In the year 2001, Ron Paul denied having written the inflammatory passages in his newsletters, which generally lack bylines. There is a difference in style between many of the race- and gay-baiting as well as anti-Semitic rants and Paul's own writing style. However, as Kirchick points out, Paul wrote under his own byline the following passage in both The Ron Paul Investment Letter and the Ron Paul Political Report:

"I've been told not to talk, but these stooges don't scare me. Threats or no threats, I've laid bare the coming race war in our big cities. The federal-homosexual cover-up on AIDS (my training as a physician helps me see through this one.) The Bohemian Grove--perverted, pagan playground of the powerful. Skull & Bones: the demonic fraternity that includes George Bush and leftist Senator John Kerry, Congress's Mr. New Money. The Israeli lobby, which plays Congress like a cheap harmonica.""