PDA

View Full Version : rodrigo's thread

xsecx
09-28-2010, 07:44 PM
in which he talks about everything he's learned about america.

rodrigo
09-29-2010, 10:07 AM
in which he talks about everything he's learned about america.

alrighty!

foodwise, so far i've had

pho
sushi
teriyaki chicken
something with octopus
something called chicken shwarma and a smoothie
fish and chips
frozen custard with something with appel
american chinese food
a burrito and a taco and another i cant remember
jambalaya cooked by dusty
bacon and pancakes cooked by dusty
a big ass burger with meat, bacon, lettuce and tomato and eggs and cheese and with a side of fries with garlic.
vegan cupcakes
and candy, lots of o so tasty candy

first day, i learned that you dont want to mess with the people of passport verification in miami's airport.
i also learned that easy and dusty are taller than me, but i'm not as short as i thought i would be, because i'm taller than viv.
i learned how to eat with chinese sticks
i learned that still now that's been about a week since i got here, i'm still not used to the social conventions of greeting people and i feel kinda akward.
i learned that people i've seen or met are really super nice people too. and around here everbody says thank you and wishes you a good day, wich is super cool.
i learned that easy's kids are rad.
i learned that bacon and pancakes are not something you eat daily, as they show on tv.
i learned that count chocula is ace.
i learned that blackcurrant soda is not so much of my taste, but viv made a really good chocolate soda yesterday.
i learned that i's amazing how you can actually put bubbles in the water with what seems to be basically a straw.
i learned that tivo is awesome, dusty is at level 70 on modern warfare 2 and that viv and dusty enjoy Community as much as i do.
i learned that you can buy bristol boards (wich we dont have in Chile) and that they are awesome for drawing
i learned that kevin seconds is really old and fat now, wich made me feel good about my tummy and that the band Praise are alright.
i learned that baltimore is really similar to Santiago.
i learned that the airplanes at the airplane thingys museum are real even though they look fake
i learned that dusty and viv are the bests hosts you could have
and i learned that i suck at bowling. for real. but easy is pretty good at it.

i think that's about it so far

linsee
09-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Awww I'm glad you're having a good time. I want to know more!

Lifestyle_X
09-30-2010, 01:42 AM
Wow, really awesome stuff ! This reminds me so much of my time in the US. Didn't you have bing soo ? (I hope that's the name).
When are you going to NYC ?

Marion
09-30-2010, 02:41 AM
You sound like you're having an amazing time!
How do you greet people in Chile? I felt kinda the same way, when I was in the US, the convention for greeting is very different from what I was used to!

xsecx
09-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Wow, really awesome stuff ! This reminds me so much of my time in the US. Didn't you have bing soo ? (I hope that's the name).

not yet, he had korean food for the first time last night though.

SgtD
09-30-2010, 09:50 AM
sounds like you're having fun.

mouseman004
09-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Sounds like you are having an awesome time man.

rodrigo
09-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Awww I'm glad you're having a good time. I want to know more!
alright!

i learned that i'm a wuss and that your spicy food is way hotter than the spicy food in chile.
i learned that copic markers are awesome.
i learned that korean food is weird and that they like rice water, but they have tasty meat.
i learned that ben and jerry's is awesome, really awesome.
i learned that dusty's new car rocks, and its really pimp because it has lights on the bottom.
i learned that the lame band that i saw with kevin seconds had a member from strike anywhere.
i learned that dusty would do good getting girls in chile.

dont give him crazy ideas!
i think i should be in nyc next week.

You sound like you're having an amazing time!
How do you greet people in Chile? I felt kinda the same way, when I was in the US, the convention for greeting is very different from what I was used to!

well, we usually shake hands with people everytime we see them for the first time in the day and when we say goodbye too, if its closer people we shake hands and then hug. with girls interactions its mainly a kiss on the cheek. now young kids also tend to kiss on the cheek, even though its not a real kiss on the cheek, just putting two cheeks together and making a smooch sound. and when its your girlfriend you kiss her in the mouth for greeting and goodbyes.

here everybody just says hi or sometimes nothing, so it was kinda weird specially when i arrived.

not yet, he had korean food for the first time last night though.

should i be scared?

xVeganAnarchistx
09-30-2010, 01:51 PM
awesome that you are loving it. If you ever leave the famous cities for lil ol midwest such as madison wisconsin let me know and ill show you around!

Lifestyle_X
09-30-2010, 01:56 PM
alright!

i learned that i'm a wuss and that your spicy food is way hotter than the spicy food in chile.
i learned that copic markers are awesome.
i learned that korean food is weird and that they like rice water, but they have tasty meat.
i learned that ben and jerry's is awesome, really awesome.
i learned that dusty's new car rocks, and its really pimp because it has lights on the bottom.
i learned that the lame band that i saw with kevin seconds had a member from strike anywhere.
i learned that dusty would do good getting girls in chile.

New car ?

dont give him crazy ideas!
i think i should be in nyc next week.

well, we usually shake hands with people everytime we see them for the first time in the day and when we say goodbye too, if its closer people we shake hands and then hug. with girls interactions its mainly a kiss on the cheek. now young kids also tend to kiss on the cheek, even though its not a real kiss on the cheek, just putting two cheeks together and making a smooch sound. and when its your girlfriend you kiss her in the mouth for greeting and goodbyes.

here everybody just says hi or sometimes nothing, so it was kinda weird specially when i arrived.

should i be scared?

No it's tasty dessert, not spicy.

Enjoy the rest of your trip dude !!!

xsecx
09-30-2010, 01:57 PM
New car ?

yeah I changed out one subaru for another.

Lifestyle_X
09-30-2010, 02:38 PM
You're living the life Dusty.

xsecx
09-30-2010, 02:40 PM
You're living the life Dusty.

no, if I did, someone else would pay for it.

Lifestyle_X
09-30-2010, 03:35 PM
But now you have a Chilean mowing your lawn for free, that's even better !

rodrigo
10-03-2010, 10:28 PM
i learned that popeye's chicken is good, but not much different from the one back home.
i learned that i'm better at minigolf than at bowling, but i still suck at both on several levels.
i learned that dusty's grandson is a hilarious kid.
i learned that i didnt screw up dusty's air conditioner, even though they make me believe so.
i learned that cheesecake soft ice cream is good.
i learned that i miss my guitar and bass.
i learned that krispy kream donuts are really good, really good.
i learned that there's this other donut place that's good too.
i learned that dusty's local comicbook store is gigantic and awesome and that there's a girl there with 7 seconds buttons.
i learned that chinese food come in different versions, but one has fried chicken, wich is good times.
i learned that i did okay with a small burguer and fries at a burger store.
and i saw c3po

Marion
10-04-2010, 02:40 AM
i learned that popeye's chicken is good, but not much different from the one back home.
i learned that i'm better at minigolf than at bowling, but i still suck at both on several levels.
i learned that i didnt screw up dusty's air conditioner, even though they make me believe so.
i learned that dusty's local comicbook store is gigantic and awesome and that there's a girl there with 7 seconds buttons.
i learned that chinese food come in different versions, but one has fried chicken, wich is good times.
and i saw c3po

you saw c3po?? How awesome!

The rest sounds super cool, too!

Lifestyle_X
10-04-2010, 05:21 AM
Dusty has a grandson ?

rodrigo
10-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Dusty has a grandson ?

sorry, mixed mah words, i think its a godson

xsecx
10-04-2010, 08:51 AM
sorry, mixed mah words, i think its a godson

yeah, it's godson

linsee
10-08-2010, 09:16 PM
and i saw c3po

cheesecake soft ice cream? custard? tell me you went to get custard. I miss it.

rodrigo
10-10-2010, 10:53 AM

we did go for custard the first weekend, it was gooooood

xsecx
10-13-2010, 03:34 PM

he even got a custard cake for his birthday and a pumpkin pie popsicle.

xsecx
10-15-2010, 06:04 PM
and he's now on his way back. hopefully you get back in one piece dude and it was great having you here.

rodrigo
10-16-2010, 09:57 AM
and he's now on his way back. hopefully you get back in one piece dude and it was great having you here.

hopefully i'll start using everything i learned from the trip right away.

myspace photo!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4083/5086039333_7e5002f7a2_z.jpg

Lifestyle_X
10-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Whoaa, this is full blown awesomeness !!!!