PDA

View Full Version : Despair Faction members?

sXe_Ensignia
01-11-2004, 03:03 AM
I know it's hurting you, but it's killing me. . .I'd show a smile, but I'm too weak. I'd share with you could I only speak. Just how much this hurts me.
Is anyone a member of the Despair Faction? If so, what is your screename for the message boards?

straightXed
01-11-2004, 01:18 PM
whats the despair faction?

PhoenixRising
04-14-2004, 07:18 PM
I'm not a member, but I am hoping to be one soon.

xsecx
04-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by straightXed
whats the despair faction?

why do I have a bad feeling it has something to do with afi?

xgregx
04-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
why do I have a bad feeling it has something to do with afi?

I think it is AFI's message board...

xsecx
04-15-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by xshadowsfallx
I think it is AFI's message board...

ok seriously this is the dumbest shit ever. the goth thing, fine whatever, that's some bullshit, but to call your fan club the despair faction? Unless your ass is handing out cyanide pills with each membership card it's false advertising. Playing into a bunch of teens depression is bullshit. making it cool to be miserable is bullshit.
yes davey, I'm talking to you.

hXc_sXe_sxm
04-15-2004, 04:23 PM
im in the df and the reason for membership cards so you can cut to the front of the line at afi shows and go backstage to meet and greets. The reason to join the df would be to get cheaper afi merch and to get free afi tickets, go to meet and greets, and cut the lines, and if they dont have free tickets you buy it from them so they dont profit(they break even)

Whats the talk about goths, im not goth and afi is my fav. band

The reasons its called the Dispair faction becuase there is an afi song called the despair factor(on The Art of Drowning).

and you say this to davey havok(when jade puget writes most of the orginal lyrics)

this is one of the best things for fans
yes im talking to the people who run and made the df

hXc_sXe_sxm
04-15-2004, 04:24 PM
There are no flowers, no, not this time.
There will be no angels gracing the lines,
just these stark words I find.

PhoenixRising
04-15-2004, 05:24 PM
ok seriously this is the dumbest shit ever. the goth thing, fine whatever, that's some bullshit, but to call your fan club the despair faction? Unless your ass is handing out cyanide pills with each membership card it's false advertising. Playing into a bunch of teens depression is bullshit. making it cool to be miserable is bullshit.

ok, it's called "Despair Faction" after a song on their "Art of Drowning" disc. Their music may seem depressing to you, but to lots of people, it's just the opposite. AFI is my favorite band.

oh, and by the way, I love davey.

PhoenixRising
04-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by hXc_sXe_sxm
There are no flowers, no, not this time.
There will be no angels gracing the lines,
just these stark words I find.
dude, that's the best song ever!

xsecx
04-15-2004, 09:15 PM
cyanide laced koolaid. line forms to the right.

xgregx
04-15-2004, 10:14 PM

well said ole sport.

straightXed
04-16-2004, 07:26 AM
did this thread get dumber?

xsecx
04-16-2004, 08:18 AM
did this thread get dumber?

dude no one understands the depth of my pit of despair like afi.

xsecx
04-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by PhoenixRising
ok, it's called "Despair Faction" after a song on their "Art of Drowning" disc. Their music may seem depressing to you, but to lots of people, it's just the opposite. AFI is my favorite band.

oh, and by the way, I love davey.

do you ever sit and look at the words and what they mean? You're going to try and tell me something called despair faction isn't depressing?

Main Entry: 2despair
Function: noun
1 : utter loss of hope
2 : a cause of hopelessness <an incorrigible child is the despair of his parents>

from a cd called the art of drowning?

Main Entry: drown
Pronunciation: 'draun
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): drowned /'draund/; drown·ing /'drau-ni[ng]/
Etymology: Middle English drounen
intransitive senses : to become drowned
transitive senses
1 a : to suffocate by submersion especially in water b : to submerge especially by a rise in the water level c : to soak, drench, or cover with a liquid
2 : to engage (oneself) deeply and strenuously
3 : to cause (a sound) not to be heard by making a loud noise -- usually used with out
4 a : to drive out (as a sensation or an idea) <drowned his sorrows in liquor> b : OVERWHELM

xsecx
04-16-2004, 08:22 AM
im in the df and the reason for membership cards so you can cut to the front of the line at afi shows and go backstage to meet and greets. The reason to join the df would be to get cheaper afi merch and to get free afi tickets, go to meet and greets, and cut the lines, and if they dont have free tickets you buy it from them so they dont profit(they break even)

The reasons its called the Dispair faction becuase there is an afi song called the despair factor(on The Art of Drowning).

and you say this to davey havok(when jade puget writes most of the orginal lyrics)

you clearly 1 have no concept of what goth is and 2 have no concept of the business reasons behind doing this.

straightXed
04-16-2004, 08:48 AM
dude no one understands the depth of my pit of despair like afi.

do they have pits of despair at afi shows?

xsecx
04-16-2004, 08:49 AM

complete with sick mosh breakdowns bro.

xvunderx
04-16-2004, 09:23 AM

hahahah

hXc_sXe_sxm
04-16-2004, 04:21 PM
the band afi understands nothing of my despair(witch i have little of) and i never said they did, they simple are naming the fan club after one of their songs

and way should you care the name of it, they make some of the best music i the world i wouldnt care if it was called "Taste of Death" the artist of the song probley wrote it fromt their own despair, and weres your evd. saying that they are trying to make depression cool

Despair Factor lyrics

Along the path where the stream is talking
I breathe the mist and continue walking
The wood it whispers in a language of it's own
As a sigh escaped my lips
I feel the light caress of fingertips
that steal away the breath and leave me on my own

Waiting by the stairs, Waiting, I despair
Waiting by the stairs, Waiting, by the...
(my whole life is a dark room,
one, big, dark, room)

Do I hear the hollow sound
footsteps resounding on this frozen ground
or the familiar disappointment of the echoes of my own?
Waiting by the stairs, Waiting, by the stairs
Waiting by the stairs, Waiting, by the stairs
Somehow I ended up here in between,
where there is always the comfort
of knowing I'll never be seen
when I fall
when I fall
I wait for just one touch
and I fall
Weightless, endless, faithless, I'll adore you.
A single touch before I fade.
Painless let me pass through.
Weightless, endless, faithless, I'll adore you.
A single touch before I fade.
Painless let me pass through.

hXc_sXe_sxm
04-16-2004, 04:23 PM
sorry no pits of despair at afi shows

my pic is of davey havok playing at my brothers basement(1999)

xgregx
04-17-2004, 12:36 AM
mmmm I am sorry but AFI sucks...I have never liked them...

PhoenixRising
04-17-2004, 02:10 AM
^^^^^

If you think all their stuff is depressing, you've only heard a few songs off of their discs from when Jade Puget started writing the lyrics. They've changed members twice. Ever heard the song "Cereal Wars" or "I wanna get a mowhawk(but my mom wont let me get one)"? Cuz those are fricken hilarious.

PhoenixRising
04-17-2004, 02:11 AM
sorry no pits of despair at afi shows

my pic is of davey havok playing at my brothers basement(1999)
He played in your brother's basement?? Cool!

xsecx
04-17-2004, 07:42 AM
^^^^^

If you think all their stuff is depressing, you've only heard a few songs off of their discs from when Jade Puget started writing the lyrics. They've changed members twice. Ever heard the song "Cereal Wars" or "I wanna get a mowhawk(but my mom wont let me get one)"? Cuz those are fricken hilarious.

how are you any different from the kids that love boybands?

PhoenixRising
04-17-2004, 05:01 PM

Why did you assume that I said I was?

straightXed
04-17-2004, 06:19 PM

why did you assume that he assumed?

xsecx
04-17-2004, 07:35 PM

how is asking a question an assumption? the answer could go one of 2 ways. "well I'm not" or "well am I am and here's why"

PhoenixRising
04-17-2004, 10:09 PM
how is asking a question an assumption? the answer could go one of 2 ways. "well I'm not" or "well am I am and here's why"

Right you are. I guess I'm not different from other girls who may or may not like boybands. I hate boybands, but yes, your right, it's the same.

Straightedgecat
04-20-2004, 01:47 PM
Umm im not dissing AFI here but this is a Straight Edge Message board not an AFI message board.. and iv seen too many posts in every forum about AFI!

hXc_sXe_sxm
04-24-2004, 01:06 AM
thats becuase afi rocks

every heard the song file 13 or any or songs off of very pround of ya?

hXc_sXe_sxm
04-24-2004, 01:11 AM
most of the songs that you think are dark, are just the opposite, like Strength Through Wounding, and all those other songs that people think are dark, most of them have more meaning than you think(do some research)

and yea afi has played in my brothers basement serval times, and so have many other bands, but know hes opened his own venue/bar so its even better, and its not packed with 120f temp.

xsecx
04-24-2004, 09:22 AM
most of the songs that you think are dark, are just the opposite, like Strength Through Wounding, and all those other songs that people think are dark, most of them have more meaning than you think(do some research)

and yea afi has played in my brothers basement serval times, and so have many other bands, but know hes opened his own venue/bar so its even better, and its not packed with 120f temp.

you know. spouting fan boy shit doesn't actually do anything. Make a statement, and then back it up. give examples. There shit uses words like sorrow and despair.

Straightedgecat
04-24-2004, 07:02 PM
you know. spouting fan boy shit doesn't actually do anything. Make a statement, and then back it up. give examples. There shit uses words like sorrow and despair.
hahaha, i dont think iv ever met an AFI fan that hasnt been obsessed with AFI

hXc_sXe_sxm
04-26-2004, 04:19 PM
because the name of it is the despair faction doesnt mean they are trying to make it cool to be depressed, i havnt seen anything supporting your idea

straightXed
04-26-2004, 04:35 PM
because the name of it is the despair faction doesnt mean they are trying to make it cool to be depressed, i havnt seen anything supporting your idea

are you blind to everything?

xsecx
04-26-2004, 06:26 PM
are you blind to everything?

it would appear that he is. or he think sorrow and despair are happy words.

Straightedgecat
04-26-2004, 08:07 PM
it would appear that he is. or he think sorrow and despair are happy words.

hahaha if sorrow and dispair are happy words then.. joyful and jolly would be sad words? wow christmas time would not be such a jolly time..and maybe santa clause would be Davey Havok..

xgregx
04-26-2004, 08:25 PM
fuck punk and afi

Straightedgecat
04-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by xshadowsfallx
fuck punk and afi
Fuck Them All.. but first sombody internet fuck this kid who will not stop talking about AFI!

hXc_sXe_sxm
05-09-2004, 09:40 PM
listen to the words to the songs

and becuase they use the words, means that they are trying to make it cool to be depressed? becuase thats what you said

Straightedgecat
05-10-2004, 12:49 PM

and becuase they use the words, means that they are trying to make it cool to be depressed? becuase thats what you said
well if there using words like despair and sorrow you might catch onto the fact that there a bit depressed and thats the message there getting across

xsecx
05-10-2004, 12:51 PM

are you seriously that stupid? Do you really think that their whole quasi goth thing isn't an image? that they aren't trying to sell depression as chic?

hXc_sXe_sxm
05-14-2004, 08:48 PM
i think they are trying to sell music

straightXed
05-15-2004, 05:21 AM

so its a marketing gimmick

xgregx
05-15-2004, 08:22 AM

they should sell depressed whores.

XrandomideazX
05-24-2004, 06:21 PM
I dont think i post that often..I mostly read and better understand how and what peple are feeling about the subject,but really...the kid who wont get over the fact that AFI is just a shitty band and they really dont have a point in thier lyrics but to make you seem they are dark and scary,but in fact Davey Havok sounds like a fucking girl,just needs to stick to the "Despair Factor of Faction "forum!jeeeeez

sXe_Ensignia
10-24-2004, 01:45 AM
Okay, well, I haven't been on these boards in a REALLLLY long time, so when I came on here and read the first page of replies... Wow. I didn't mean for the thread to get all argumentative. How lame. I just asked about the Despair Faction. Jeeeezz. If you have a problem, deal with it. NO ONE CARES. They're all opinions, and opinions are never wrong.
\m/ >.< \m/

sXe_Ensignia
10-24-2004, 01:54 AM
Okay.. I just read the second page. It's lame both lame and funny reading the crap people write when they're trying to argue and seem all sophisticated and right.. Woo.. Goodness. And a lot of you (not naming any names) need to learn to spell. I don't mean this to be rude.. Just posting an opinion..
So.. Been to any good shows, lately?
\m/ >.< \m/

xsecx
10-24-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by sXe_Ensignia
Okay, well, I haven't been on these boards in a REALLLLY long time, so when I came on here and read the first page of replies... Wow. I didn't mean for the thread to get all argumentative. How lame. I just asked about the Despair Faction. Jeeeezz. If you have a problem, deal with it. NO ONE CARES. They're all opinions, and opinions are never wrong.
\m/ >.< \m/

opinons can be wrong. and far be it for someone to disagree, and voice their opinion. and just to point out, more people cared about how dumb AFI is than cared about how great they are.

slinkysRrad
10-26-2004, 04:28 PM

Jade writes the music while Davey write the lyrics.. and I happen to be a member of the DF for all of the reasons you listed. woohoo cutting lines rocks!

slinkysRrad
10-26-2004, 04:33 PM
They are a boy band. They just happen to be a boyband with goths! haha. Damn cute goths at that!

My name thingy is zZTheNephilimZz. It's lame, but it's all I could think of at the time!

straightXed
10-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by slinkysRrad
They are a boy band. They just happen to be a boyband with goths! haha. Damn cute goths at that!

My name thingy is zZTheNephilimZz. It's lame, but it's all I could think of at the time!

makes me think of the fields of the nephilim, the dodgy 80's band.

BlaqkWolf
05-08-2012, 02:29 PM
YES!

I'm Munch666 on the DF boards

rodrigo
05-08-2012, 02:57 PM
damn, this thread was hilarious.

gameover
05-16-2016, 01:25 AM
makes me think of the fields of the nephilim, the dodgy 80's band.

Thank you for sharing

straightXed
05-19-2016, 03:49 PM
Thank you for sharing

ummmm, ok? A response to a 14 year old post? You are welcome i guess!