PDA

View Full Version : really good article about being a non drinking adult

xsecx
09-07-2010, 02:49 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/09/07/tf.quit.drinking.friends/index.html?hpt=C2

xVeganAnarchistx
09-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Yea, i hope i can make so straightedge friends before i get old and get relegated to that. It is a good article.

How about those hangover tips in between lines though haha...

rodrigo
09-07-2010, 08:01 PM
i gotta say that bringing your own drink is the best way to avoid problems at social events.

last time i was at a wedding, since i didnt drink alcohol, some lady went to get me a glass of coca cola, and when i told her i didnt drink caffeine either, she got all weirded out because there were nothing else to drink, either booze or coke, so she went and got me some juice. good times.

xsecx
09-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Yea, i hope i can make so straightedge friends before i get old and get relegated to that. It is a good article.

How about those hangover tips in between lines though haha...

it's pretty much unavoidable once you get into your mid 20s.

xAdamSx
09-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Terrific article, I completely see where she's coming from. Most of my good friends do drink (although admittedly most only mildly) and I hang around with them often when they are. It makes me laugh how many times in the last 4 days since I turned 18 (legal drinking age here) I've been asked if/when I'm going to the pub or going 'out' to get drunk purely because I have now turned 18! Watching their reactions to my answer of 'well, never because I don't drink!' is pretty funny a lot of the time.

SgtD
09-12-2010, 07:09 PM
i gotta say that bringing your own drink is the best way to avoid problems at social events.

last time i was at a wedding, since i didnt drink alcohol, some lady went to get me a glass of coca cola, and when i told her i didnt drink caffeine either, she got all weirded out because there were nothing else to drink, either booze or coke, so she went and got me some juice. good times.

why didn't you get some water?

rodrigo
09-12-2010, 07:32 PM
why didn't you get some water?

she insisted.