PDA

View Full Version : morrisey

rodrigo
09-04-2010, 10:06 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1308935/Morrissey-branded-racist-calling-Chinese-subspecies-treatment-circus-animals.html

is it fair to exchange animal care concerns by saying racist shit?

CarlaRant
09-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Um...no.

xsecx
09-04-2010, 11:02 AM
now I feel vindicated for my decades of dislike for this dude and his singing.

xGriffox
09-04-2010, 12:25 PM
seems as if he was addressing their cruelty to animals making them "less than human" and thus a "subspecies" (due to their lack of perceived "humanity") as opposed to actually being an outright racist. Extremely poor phrasing which harkens directly into the far-right/totally fucked views of those we all should abhor but I feel this was a slip of the tongue and nothing more. If Morrissey wanted to be a straight up racist, at least at this point in her career, there really is no reason for him to tiptoe around it.

rodrigo
09-04-2010, 12:42 PM
seems as if he was addressing their cruelty to animals making them "less than human" and thus a "subspecies" (due to their lack of perceived "humanity") as opposed to actually being an outright racist. Extremely poor phrasing which harkens directly into the far-right/totally fucked views of those we all should abhor but I feel this was a slip of the tongue and nothing more. If Morrissey wanted to be a straight up racist, at least at this point in her career, there really is no reason for him to tiptoe around it.

yeah, the problem being that he still catalogued chinese people as a subspecies due to cultural differences, same would apply if he were to talk about african tribes where they still hunt animals and have rites with animal or human blood.

xsecx
09-04-2010, 02:38 PM

it's still outright racist since he's categorizing an entire group of of people as subhuman. I mean, we know you're a fan of the dude, but you can't really be that naive to think this was some slip of the tongue, especially given a bunch of other racist shit the dude has said.

xVeganAnarchistx
09-05-2010, 09:47 PM
yea i mean this is a really dumb thing to say. Its kinda like some of the shit PETA pulls but instead of sexism its racism. However (and this is where you should attack me haha) his point that people who treat animals so cruelly are hardly humans sometimes creeps up on me too. Now to characterize the Chinese race as a subspecies as opposed to certain members of it is absurd, after all my only vegan housemate is chinese!