PDA

View Full Version : XVX from the dairy state

xVeganAnarchistx
07-27-2010, 10:16 PM
hey,

I'm Josh from Wisconsin known for brats and beer and im straightedge vegan for 5 years (im 19) and straightedge veg for like 6. I did take a 3 year hiatus from "claiming edge" cause all those kids who introduced me to edge now eat shrooms, acid, depression meds, and tons of weed and alcoholic, go figure, they want to beat up the kids that drank....

Anyway, some bands i really dig right now are Good Clean Fun, Gorilla Biscuits, this folk singer Mike XVX, Naj One, Dead Prez, xTrue Naturex, Propagandhi and Set Your Goals, . I don't go to many shows anymore sadly, just isn't much around, and not many people to go with. I really dig the straightedge vegan music, esp with the posi tinge.

I'm living in madison wiscosnin for school in august again, holler if you are edge from around their, i get lonely when everyone is out getting shittfaced haha. Well i dig philosophy, veganism, riding my fixed gear, history, politics, urban gaming and video games.

and i hope this forum isn't as dead as it seems, if it is, what other edge forums are you guys on. cool

Lifestyle_X
07-28-2010, 05:24 AM
Welcome to the board. I don't get it why you took a hiatus ? And how is Wisconsin ?

This is the only forum I'm on that's straight edge and/or hardcore related.

xsecx
07-28-2010, 09:03 AM
hey,

I'm Josh from Wisconsin known for brats and beer and im straightedge vegan for 5 years (im 19) and straightedge veg for like 6. I did take a 3 year hiatus from "claiming edge" cause all those kids who introduced me to edge now eat shrooms, acid, depression meds, and tons of weed and alcoholic, go figure, they want to beat up the kids that drank....

Anyway, some bands i really dig right now are Good Clean Fun, Gorilla Biscuits, this folk singer Mike XVX, Naj One, Dead Prez, xTrue Naturex, Propagandhi and Set Your Goals, . I don't go to many shows anymore sadly, just isn't much around, and not many people to go with. I really dig the straightedge vegan music, esp with the posi tinge.

I'm living in madison wiscosnin for school in august again, holler if you are edge from around their, i get lonely when everyone is out getting shittfaced haha. Well i dig philosophy, veganism, riding my fixed gear, history, politics, urban gaming and video games.

and i hope this forum isn't as dead as it seems, if it is, what other edge forums are you guys on. cool

it's only dead at the moment because new people sign up and then don't post a lot. there's plenty of threads here so take a look back and see what's been talked about, join the discussion and post lots.

CarlaRant
07-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Hey Josh,

Welcome to the board! My friend/mentor lives in Madison. He works security at the university and rides his bike everywhere (refuses to get a driver's license). So if you see a guy with a forehead tattoo riding his bike around, don't be afraid to introduce yourself. :)

xsecx
07-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Hey Josh,

Welcome to the board! My friend/mentor lives in Madison. He works security at the university and rides his bike everywhere (refuses to get a driver's license). So if you see a guy with a forehead tattoo riding his bike around, don't be afraid to introduce yourself. :)

dude must have a hell of a time getting around in the winter.

xVeganAnarchistx
07-28-2010, 10:42 PM
i took a hiatus because i didn't like being identified with all those who sold out. looking back i never should have, it just seemed like it was a trend then, and i didn't want any part.

Wisconsin is good, i want to get out of this state though, im born and raised... i need to see some more of this planet. esp where there is more snow.

on the biking in winter nah, in madison we get those streets plowed mighty quick!

CarlaRant
07-29-2010, 12:32 AM
on the biking in winter nah, in madison we get those streets plowed mighty quick!

That's good. He was the same way in Indiana, but our city wasn't diligent about plowing the snow. :/

SgtD
07-29-2010, 04:05 AM
Hey Josh,

please elaborate on the forehead tattoo, or better yet, pics, or it didn't happen!

xsecx
07-29-2010, 08:58 AM
i took a hiatus because i didn't like being identified with all those who sold out. looking back i never should have, it just seemed like it was a trend then, and i didn't want any part.

Wisconsin is good, i want to get out of this state though, im born and raised... i need to see some more of this planet. esp where there is more snow.

plowed is one thing, not slippery is another.

CarlaRant
07-29-2010, 12:26 PM
please elaborate on the forehead tattoo, or better yet, pics, or it didn't happen!

"Suicidal" on the forehead, "Drugfree" across the knuckles, and "X" on his hand.
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy318/xmeandeneenx/Uploaded%20pics/clyde.jpg
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy318/xmeandeneenx/Uploaded%20pics/ClydeZane.jpg

xsecx
07-29-2010, 12:50 PM
"Suicidal" on the forehead, "Drugfree" across the knuckles, and "X" on his hand.
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy318/xmeandeneenx/Uploaded%20pics/clyde.jpg
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy318/xmeandeneenx/Uploaded%20pics/ClydeZane.jpg

how does that dude have a job?

CarlaRant
07-29-2010, 01:03 PM
how does that dude have a job?

*shrug* He's encountered problems in the past of course, but he's always had one. He was a cook when I met him (and held that job until he left the state) and has been working security since he moved to Madison.

xsecx
07-29-2010, 01:09 PM
*shrug* He's encountered problems in the past of course, but he's always had one. He was a cook when I met him (and held that job until he left the state) and has been working security since he moved to Madison.

I figured it'd have to be something like that. I can't see an office hiring someone with a visible tattoo that said suicidal, let alone one across the forehead. He must like it though.

CarlaRant
07-29-2010, 06:17 PM
I figured it'd have to be something like that. I can't see an office hiring someone with a visible tattoo that said suicidal, let alone one across the forehead. He must like it though.

Yup. He always told me to live without any regrets. He's been a great mentor to me. I think everyone should have an older bald man to provide advice. Ha-ha. ;)

xVeganAnarchistx
07-29-2010, 10:58 PM
i want to meet your friend so bad. he's seems rad as fuck. He seems real cool, im totally following him home if i ever see him on a bike, you mind dropping me the name? first is fine.

SgtD
07-30-2010, 02:06 AM
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

El Moro
08-06-2010, 01:49 PM
hey,

Welcome bro, finally someone else from Wisconsin, but I'm from Appleton. Ha ha.

xVeganAnarchistx
08-17-2010, 09:04 AM
go Wisconsin! yea how's appleton's scene. i can't imagine it being good haha

XTradSkinX518X
08-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Yup. He always told me to live without any regrets. He's been a great mentor to me. I think everyone should have an older bald man to provide advice. Ha-ha. ;)

The irony of this just kind of hit me and I dont post here much. I want to say I agree wholeheartedly with that my tattoo artist is 57 years old bald buddhist and and edge and he has been a great mentor to me for many years now. Lucky for me though there are lots of edge kids around here the albany and troy NY hardcore scene is pretty good

CarlaRant
08-26-2010, 04:47 PM
You're fortunate to have a good scene and mentor! Something about those bald men...haha!

xVeganAnarchistx
08-26-2010, 07:47 PM
carla, i want someone to try to use me as their ride home so bad just so i can say that.

El Moro
08-27-2010, 02:14 PM
go Wisconsin! yea how's appleton's scene. i can't imagine it being good haha

We have a scene?

xVeganAnarchistx
08-27-2010, 03:23 PM
figured as much haha. how old are you?

CarlaRant
08-27-2010, 11:40 PM
carla, i want someone to try to use me as their ride home so bad just so i can say that.

Please do! I just get tired of my teammates asking if I'll be their "DD" when we go out.