PDA

View Full Version : Come dine with me

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
07-05-2010, 08:48 AM
I love this tv show, anyone else watch it. If not it had a group of people who never met before throwing dinner parties for each other, who then get points of the guests and can win a prize. It sounds totally boring BUT the narrator is so funny and makes random comments haha love it

xsecx
07-06-2010, 08:54 AM
I love this tv show, anyone else watch it. If not it had a group of people who never met before throwing dinner parties for each other, who then get points of the guests and can win a prize. It sounds totally boring BUT the narrator is so funny and makes random comments haha love it

we watch it when we visit the inlaws. show is great. especially the one with peter stringfellow.

Marion
07-06-2010, 09:03 AM

we've got the equivalent in France, and it's the worst show ever. I just can't stand the people who participate in these, they are just saying shit about the one hosting the dinner. It's just an antithesis of what a dinner is for me... it's not the quality of food that matters, it's the people you dine with and how awesome they are. I sincerely think the show is immoral, but yet, I haven't watched the US version of it....

xsecx
07-06-2010, 09:05 AM
we've got the equivalent in France, and it's the worst show ever. I just can't stand the people who participate in these, they are just saying shit about the one hosting the dinner. It's just an antithesis of what a dinner is for me... it's not the quality of food that matters, it's the people you dine with and how awesome they are. I sincerely think the show is immoral, but yet, I haven't watched the US version of it....

so far we don't have a version.

Marion
07-06-2010, 09:18 AM
so far we don't have a version.

ha. Is it a UK version, then?

xsecx
07-06-2010, 09:32 AM
ha. Is it a UK version, then?

yeah.

Marion
07-06-2010, 09:33 AM
yeah.

Sorry for the mistake!
You're lucky you don't have a version yet :)

xsecx
07-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Sorry for the mistake!
You're lucky you don't have a version yet :)

the english one isn't that bad. some people are genuinely trying to have a good time. others are just mean spirited and just want the money at all costs. The ones that go at the end have a clear advantage though.

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
07-06-2010, 05:51 PM
its the narrator that does it for me, the remarks he makes are hillarious. :D i havent seen the french one though.

xvunderx
07-07-2010, 08:45 AM
One of my favorites so far was the nutty guy who brought in a burlesque performer and none of the guests knew what to do. That one made me laugh (and of course peter Stringfellow's sink collapsing)

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
07-21-2010, 03:46 PM
hahahaha did you see the one where the woman got an opera singer to sing in the dining room and everyone was covering there ears lol aw i love it

xsecx
07-21-2010, 03:50 PM
hahahaha did you see the one where the woman got an opera singer to sing in the dining room and everyone was covering there ears lol aw i love it

not yet, but bbc america has started showing this show so hopefully.