PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on here listen to ska?

Kyle T
06-23-2010, 06:54 AM
SKA IS DEAD 7" of the Month Club
When I was younger I used to love listening to ska bands. With summer approaching, and my nostalgic records spinning, I couldn't be more stoked for this 7" club.

Here's the deal:
- 6 split 7inches
- 12 bands including Reel Big Fish, Mustard Plug, Big D & the Kids Table, Bomb the Music Industry!, The Slackers, Sonic Boom Six, and more!
- all new/unreleased/or live tracks
- limited to 500
- ship 2 at a time, every other month
- pre-orders up now. ship late July
- $36 dollars including shipping in the U.S!

http://www.skaisdead.bigcartel.com/

"Coming this summer as a joint effort from Asbestos Records, Underground Communique Records, and the nice folks at Skaisdead.com will be an amazing little project that combines our obsession with dead genres and dead formats. Each series will be a set of 6 split 7"s from some of our favorite bands that **gasp** have the audacity to still play ska, and ska influenced punk rock in the year 2010. Available by subscription only, every other month you will receive two brand spanking new 7" records featuring both established, and up and coming acts including Reel Big Fish, Mustard Plug, Big D & the Kids Table, Bomb the Music Industry!, The Slackers, Sonic Boom Six, and more! So get out your dad's old suit, and your mom's old turntable and get stoked for the best 7" club of the year!"

pryncessXxX
08-11-2010, 10:14 AM
I love ska! A band I've loved since forever is Sublime! (Discounting the occasional drug and alcohol references) still were awesome!

rodrigo
08-11-2010, 10:22 AM
I love ska! A band I've loved since forever is Sublime! (Discounting the occasional drug and alcohol references) still were awesome!

and by ocassional you mean like in almost every song

pryncessXxX
08-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Yes,unfortunately ALL their songs mention drugs,and of course their lead singer Bradley died of an OD,I love the music though :( drugs always gotta ruin things

xRobx
09-02-2010, 09:18 PM
I used to listen to ska, but I only know mexican ska bands...

rodrigo
09-02-2010, 10:29 PM
I used to listen to ska, but I only know mexican ska bands...

good times
F3wex0UZ_nU

Holdswath
09-04-2010, 12:02 AM
I`ve always loved SKA Mustard Plug, The Planet Smashers (Go Canada haha), Less than Jake, The Slackers good stuff, it can really pick up your mood if your having a shitty day.

xRobx
09-06-2010, 09:02 PM
it can really pick up your mood if your having a shitty day.

Nothing but the truth

easy
09-08-2010, 05:09 PM
i dont!

xsecx
09-08-2010, 07:23 PM
i dont!

you should.

xCrucialDudex
09-09-2010, 12:27 PM
I do sometimes.