PDA

View Full Version : the Net and our brains, lives, societies and the world

xCrucialDudex
06-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Did you ever feel that the Internet is changing you? Like rewiring your brains from the inside of you? Well, you're not alone. Chances are most of the population of this planet is undergoing this process today. I personally found it very rewarding to step back, relax and take it slowly. I can still remember the times without the Internet and how it felt to be "disconnected". I felt good.

I want you to read this:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2008/07/is-google-making-us-stupid/6868/

This is something I've noticed happening with me and my life at some point and I think it is a really fascinating topic to think and talk about.

Lifestyle_X
06-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Did you ever feel that the Internet is changing you? Like rewiring your brains from the inside of you? Well, you're not alone. Chances are most of the population of this planet is undergoing this process today. I personally found it very rewarding to step back, relax and take it slowly. I can still remember the times without the Internet and how it felt to be "disconnected". I felt good.

I want you to read this:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2008/07/is-google-making-us-stupid/6868/

This is something I've noticed happening with me and my life at some point and I think it is a really fascinating topic to think and talk about.

It scares me, I don't wanna read it !!!

xCrucialDudex
06-11-2010, 12:47 AM
It scares me, I don't wanna read it !!!

Perhaps you're more scared of reading long articles, aren't you?

Lifestyle_X
06-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Perhaps you're more scared of reading long articles, aren't you?

.. Maybe.

xCrucialDudex
06-11-2010, 07:07 AM
.. Maybe.

Actually, the article touches upon this very issue so you might find it interesting :)

Lifestyle_X
06-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Dude, I actually never opened the link, I was really scared of it. But now that I clicked it, that's one long article bro !

xCrucialDudex
06-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Dude, I actually never opened the link, I was really scared of it. But now that I clicked it, that's one long article bro !

Exactly!

I'm being kinda ironic here and if you read the article you'll see why ;)