PDA

View Full Version : Cyborgs. Would you become one?

xCrucialDudex
06-03-2010, 02:15 PM
So, a couple of cyborgs and brand-new brain-computer interface aided communication between the two have officially existed for quite some time now...

RB_l7SY_ngI

What do you think about it? Would you become a cyborg?

XDISENGAGEX
06-03-2010, 07:01 PM
I would like a cyborg ankle. Cos mine is fucked. Other than that. No. Look at Lobot on empire strikes back. He is wack !!!! Lando is way better. The facts speak for themselves people.

xsecx
06-03-2010, 07:27 PM
I would like a cyborg ankle. Cos mine is fucked. Other than that. No. Look at Lobot on empire strikes back. He is wack !!!! Lando is way better. The facts speak for themselves people.

luke was a cyborg.

I would be if I lost any of my limbs.

xCrucialDudex
06-04-2010, 01:07 AM
I personally view ripping the benefits of bionic medicine advancements as a positive impact on humanity at large but still seemingly far-fetched possibility of "getting a new body", one essentially made of metal, and theoretically superior to normal human body is something that makes me feel uneasy I think.

I think it is quite real that at some point in future we'll have cybernetic organisms with 90% artificial body parts. Heck, looking at what these guys in University of Reading are doing today, growing brains in labs that actually have ability to learn, we might see a new generation of completely artificially created organisms.

The way Warwick talks about cyborgs dominating normal human beings is... I don't know... would you really want to become "inferior" to some folks that decided to trade their nature given body for some high-tech gadget? Would you like to depend on man made technology and subject yourself to a highly error prone facilities?

Yes, theoretically it'll all become very advanced and sophisticated at some point in the future... to the point of an almost perfectly stable operability but you won't be able to have kids, for instance. You wouldn't have to, actually. You would be almost immortal. What essentially scientists are coming to, I think, is an attempt to capture human "soul" and being able to store it and replicate it. Backup copy of you.

VXDEDXV
06-06-2010, 05:23 PM
how would a cyborg do in the rain?

can cyborgs swim?

are computer chips vegan?

... a few things i would ask before bein a cyborg.

XDISENGAGEX
06-06-2010, 05:29 PM
luke was a cyborg.

I would be if I lost any of my limbs.

Back it up bro !!!!!! I think we should clear some starwars facts up here. Yep you are right, in saying that Luke had cyborg parts. But I was talking more on a brain level connection. Lobot had a cyborg implant in his head and I think thats what I was getting at. Im all for cyborg limbs.....and maybe in some peoples case a cyborg brain may help !

XDISENGAGEX
06-06-2010, 05:30 PM

can cyborgs swim?

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

xCrucialDudex
06-06-2010, 11:09 PM

If you're serious with this one I think they'd do just OK.

can cyborgs swim?

Why not?

Possibly. Or at least I think they could be.

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
07-02-2010, 07:17 PM
has everyone seen the Terminator movies?

i rest my case lol

(however if nuclear war and big ass scary robots arnt chasing and killing humans i could probably go for a bit of immortality. Id like to live in my body though until is was done with and have the option of an OFF button)

xCrucialDudex
07-06-2010, 08:25 AM
has everyone seen the Terminator movies?

i rest my case lol

(however if nuclear war and big ass scary robots arnt chasing and killing humans i could probably go for a bit of immortality. Id like to live in my body though until is was done with and have the option of an OFF button)

I'm amazed how readily people are willing to "try" this. Personally I don't really feel comfortable about having electronic devices inside of my body, more precisely integrated into my body.

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
07-08-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm amazed how readily people are willing to "try" this. Personally I don't really feel comfortable about having electronic devices inside of my body, more precisely integrated into my body.

yeah i can understand how youd feel unconfortable, but it would kinda be like having a pacemaker or something, just on a bigger scale. Id only do it though once my body was old and used. i guess i just want to live forever lol

xCrucialDudex
07-09-2010, 12:10 AM
yeah i can understand how youd feel unconfortable, but it would kinda be like having a pacemaker or something, just on a bigger scale. Id only do it though once my body was old and used. i guess i just want to live forever lol

Uhm, I'm not really sure what you're saying exactly about having a pacemaker. Elaborate, please.

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
07-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Uhm, I'm not really sure what you're saying exactly about having a pacemaker. Elaborate, please.

isnt a pacemaker a mechanical device to help the heart? i meant it is a man made object thats inside the body.

xCrucialDudex
07-09-2010, 11:48 PM
isnt a pacemaker a mechanical device to help the heart? i meant it is a man made object thats inside the body.

This is the first time I hear about it. Yeah, this has been already happening for years... Cyborgs are among us.