PDA

View Full Version : first world problems

xsecx
05-28-2010, 10:08 AM
yesterday/today have been shitty.

we're in the process of getting our kitchen/entire first floor remodeled. most of it is done at this point. All that's left is the installation of the new counter-top and then new sink and finishing the plumbing. new counter-top was set to be installed yesterday. prior to this, I was slightly neurotic and noticed that the name of the counter-top didn't match the sample. We called and went in person twice and were assured we'd get the right thing. We got the wrong thing. Then when they were here trying to do the installation they let one of our cats out. I get a call from vivien yesterday afternoon in tears because our cats are indoor and don't go out at all that kingpin got out. Luckily he didn't get far and got back. That was just insult to injury. We kept calling the company yesterday and were told that someone would call us back. they never did. We called this morning to talk to someone, was told that someone called us back. which was bullshit. Now they realize their error and that there's a price difference. At first they tried to insinuate that we'd have to pay the difference. Now I'm waiting for a call back. mother fuckers.

Lifestyle_X
05-28-2010, 11:48 AM
I guess that's the last time you relied on them. Put on some hardcore and start dancing, that'll scare the shit out of 'em.

xsecx
05-28-2010, 02:25 PM
I guess that's the last time you relied on them. Put on some hardcore and start dancing, that'll scare the shit out of 'em.

they made it right. the one we wanted is actually a fair amount more than the one we bought and they're going to eat that cost rather than trying to make us pay for it. now we just have to wait another week or so to get the right one.

SgtD
05-29-2010, 01:45 AM
they made it right. the one we wanted is actually a fair amount more than the one we bought and they're going to eat that cost rather than trying to make us pay for it. now we just have to wait another week or so to get the right one.

that's pretty cool. was the price difference you don't have to pay worth your frustration?

xsecx
05-29-2010, 08:04 AM
that's pretty cool. was the price difference you don't have to pay worth your frustration?

not really, but it is what it is. at this point even if we told them to fuck off, we'd have to pay someone else significantly more and still have to wait.

straightXed
05-29-2010, 08:33 AM
not really, but it is what it is. at this point even if we told them to fuck off, we'd have to pay someone else significantly more and still have to wait.

What amazingly shitty customer service, i feel your pain dude. I had some pretty shitty experiences with customer service in BT where they were impossible to contact and completely unhelpful and tried to say i was under a contract i had never heard of and would have to buy out of it. I had to write letters, emails, make phone calls and no one was resposive or helpful and it wound me up so much i was ready to go absoloutely nuts ala micheal douglas in falling down! On a positive note I will say how incredibly appreciative of good customer service it made me. When reading your first post i thought something awful had happened to kingpin, so glad he's ok. I hope the remodelling is done soon so you can relax, sounds like they made it pretty stressful.

xCrucialDudex
05-30-2010, 09:43 AM
prior to this, I was slightly neurotic and noticed that the name of the counter-top didn't match the sample. We called and went in person twice and were assured we'd get the right thing. We got the wrong thing.

That was just insult to injury. We kept calling the company yesterday and were told that someone would call us back. they never did. We called this morning to talk to someone, was told that someone called us back. which was bullshit.

At first they tried to insinuate that we'd have to pay the difference.

I hate it when this happens.

xsecx
06-04-2010, 01:32 PM
new counter top is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow morning. it will hopefully mean that everything is done.

Lifestyle_X
06-04-2010, 01:38 PM
new counter top is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow morning. it will hopefully mean that everything is done.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

XDISENGAGEX
06-04-2010, 04:43 PM
yesterday/today have been shitty.

we're in the process of getting our kitchen/entire first floor remodeled. most of it is done at this point. All that's left is the installation of the new counter-top and then new sink and finishing the plumbing. new counter-top was set to be installed yesterday. prior to this, I was slightly neurotic and noticed that the name of the counter-top didn't match the sample. We called and went in person twice and were assured we'd get the right thing. We got the wrong thing. Then when they were here trying to do the installation they let one of our cats out. I get a call from vivien yesterday afternoon in tears because our cats are indoor and don't go out at all that kingpin got out. Luckily he didn't get far and got back. That was just insult to injury. We kept calling the company yesterday and were told that someone would call us back. they never did. We called this morning to talk to someone, was told that someone called us back. which was bullshit. Now they realize their error and that there's a price difference. At first they tried to insinuate that we'd have to pay the difference. Now I'm waiting for a call back. mother fuckers.

You should have come to me. I make kitchens and all types of stuff. I own a construction company. We do windows doors, staircases, kitchens, bedrooms the whole lot. Im sure I could have done it at mates rates !!! The airfare may have been a fucker. But Id have done yer job bro !!!

xsecx
06-04-2010, 07:54 PM
You should have come to me. I make kitchens and all types of stuff. I own a construction company. We do windows doors, staircases, kitchens, bedrooms the whole lot. Im sure I could have done it at mates rates !!! The airfare may have been a fucker. But Id have done yer job bro !!!

the actual work of the kitchen and the floor has been great. The counter top is being handled by someone else. So they have to get the slab, cut it and install it. I'll be so glad when all this shit is done though. All that's left now is some tile work, 1 new light and some painting.

Lifestyle_X
06-04-2010, 08:06 PM
the actual work of the kitchen and the floor has been great. The counter top is being handled by someone else. So they have to get the slab, cut it and install it. I'll be so glad when all this shit is done though. All that's left now is some tile work, 1 new light and some painting.

What are you gonna do when all this misery is finally done ?

xsecx
06-04-2010, 08:12 PM

not eat out for a very long time.

SgtD
06-05-2010, 04:35 AM

post pics to prove it happened.

xsecx
06-05-2010, 08:53 AM
counter top is being installed right now.

Lifestyle_X
06-05-2010, 06:26 PM
I could repost the 'post pics to prove it happened' quote like Dini, but I don't wanna look like an asshole. Are they doing it right man ?

SgtD
06-06-2010, 02:10 AM
I could repost the 'post pics to prove it happened' quote like Dini, but I don't wanna look like an asshole. Are they doing it right man ?

did you just call me an asshole, asshole?

Lifestyle_X
06-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Hmm I guess so, I didn't want it to sound like that. Let me rephrase that

I could repost the 'post pics to prove it happened' quote like Dini, but I don't wanna sound annoying. Are they doing it right man ?

Now don't ask if I called you annoying !!

straightXed
06-06-2010, 06:02 AM
did you just call me an asshole, asshole?

no i called you anus, anus!

xsecx
06-06-2010, 09:49 AM

eventually when everything is done.

xsecx
06-06-2010, 03:15 PM
we now have a functioning sink and dishwasher. there's still some more work to be done but at least for right now life is good.

Lifestyle_X
06-06-2010, 03:33 PM
I hope life will stay good, I'm happy for you guys !

xsecx
06-07-2010, 09:55 AM
I hope life will stay good, I'm happy for you guys !

yeah it was pretty awesome cooking at home last night for the first time in over a month. now we just have to get everything ready for houseguests tonight and then we're golden to settle into it.