PDA

View Full Version : So I think the IRS messed up my refund

linsee
04-16-2010, 06:55 PM
I got way more money back than I had thought. Now I get to spend the time on the phone figuring it out. Sooooo fun.

xsecx
04-17-2010, 07:59 AM
I got way more money back than I had thought. Now I get to spend the time on the phone figuring it out. Sooooo fun.

they'll most likely just count any extra they gave you as part oft what you owe next year if they over paid you.

we over paid last year and rather than giving us a refund, they counted it against what we owed this year.

linsee
04-17-2010, 09:44 AM
they'll most likely just count any extra they gave you as part oft what you owe next year if they over paid you.

we over paid last year and rather than giving us a refund, they counted it against what we owed this year.

How will I find out? I have some bills that would love this money,but I don't want to spend it only for them to ask for it back. There weren't any extra "refunds" this year for people that I didn't know about, are there?

xsecx
04-17-2010, 10:03 AM
How will I find out? I have some bills that would love this money,but I don't want to spend it only for them to ask for it back. There weren't any extra "refunds" this year for people that I didn't know about, are there?

we got a letter in the mail, but you're best bet is to call them.

linsee
04-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Got a letter today. There was a credit I failed to claim, so the money is mine.

YES.

xsecx
04-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Got a letter today. There was a credit I failed to claim, so the money is mine.

YES.

so you can come out to visit and see the new first floor.

linsee
04-22-2010, 12:39 PM
so you can come out to visit and see the new first floor.

searching for cheap flights now.