PDA

View Full Version : A food for thought. A sight to hate.

xCrucialDudex
04-15-2010, 11:21 AM
stq1Gd3OnGk
ua3IeOwFwhs
YGYjyu5DiaA

Doux
04-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Hey I saw that middle one! Man, that kind of disgusts me... hard to believe that this sham has been going on for almost ten years.

xCrucialDudex
05-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Hey I saw that middle one! Man, that kind of disgusts me... hard to believe that this sham has been going on for almost ten years.

War is a big business... and a bloody one :(

Lifestyle_X
05-24-2010, 02:26 PM
I don't wanna watch those things, I guess such things make me mad and the worst thing about that is that I can't do shit about it.

xCrucialDudex
05-30-2010, 09:38 AM
I don't wanna watch those things, I guess such things make me mad and the worst thing about that is that I can't do shit about it.

In fact, I think we all can.

xsecx
05-30-2010, 09:42 AM
In fact, I think we all can.

like what?

xCrucialDudex
05-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Like being aware and doing something about it even if it's seemingly insignificant. However, knowing your love for specifics (I love specifics too) - raising the issue and discussing it with people, teaching about true nature of wars, generally speaking educating people on various issues that lead to this sort of results - like corrupt government, human behavior etc. I personally believe the most effective method though is becoming a government and thus being in power to prevent this sort of things on a very high level.

xsecx
05-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Like being aware and doing something about it even if it's seemingly insignificant. However, knowing your love for specifics (I love specifics too) - raising the issue and discussing it with people, teaching about true nature of wars, generally speaking educating people on various issues that lead to this sort of results - like corrupt government, human behavior etc. I personally believe the most effective method though is becoming a government and thus being in power to prevent this sort of things on a very high level.

how would any of that changed the situation? How could this has been prevented?

xCrucialDudex
05-30-2010, 10:02 AM
how would any of that changed the situation? How could this has been prevented?

Are you proposing not doing anything at all about it can change the situation?
If not, what is your idea of viable and effective approaches and methods then?

xsecx
05-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Are you proposing not doing anything at all about it can change the situation?
If not, what is your idea of viable and effective approaches and methods then?

I'm saying that shit happens in times of war mistakes happen and that as a result innocent people die. That still however doesn't detail anything you've said would have prevented it?

xCrucialDudex
05-30-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm saying that shit happens in times of war mistakes happen and that as a result innocent people die. That still however doesn't detail anything you've said would have prevented it?

Okay but I don't see where you're going with this. Are you even championing the idea that people shouldn't bomb and kill each other? In other words do you think there's a place for war in our world? Like, sure thing it's ultimately impossible to prevent people from fighting (warring if we are talking of a global scale)... like technically.... but I think we must do our best and refrain from starting armed conflicts at all. We're straight edge right and we can refrain from using drugs so why can't we refrain from fighting through realizing all the negativity and devastating results it eventually brings us?

xsecx
05-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Okay but I don't see where you're going with this. Are you even championing the idea that people shouldn't bomb and kill each other? In other words do you think there's a place for war in our world? Like, sure thing it's ultimately impossible to prevent people from fighting (warring if we are talking of a global scale)... like technically.... but I think we must do our best and refrain from starting armed conflicts at all. We're straight edge right and we can refrain from using drugs so why can't we refrain from fighting through realizing all the negativity and devastating results it eventually brings us?

no. I'm not saying that at all. War is inevitable. innocent casualties are inevitable. I however still don't get what you're saying, or how you think this situation could have been prevented? Especially since you admit that avoiding war really isn't possible.

xCrucialDudex
05-30-2010, 10:39 AM
no. I'm not saying that at all. War is inevitable. innocent casualties are inevitable. I however still don't get what you're saying, or how you think this situation could have been prevented? Especially since you admit that avoiding war really isn't possible.

I just said it. Please, re-read my previous post. The idea I'm talking about is that if we make a conscious effort not to fight we'll fight considerably less. So far it seems your position is that we shouldn't do that at all and you're absolutely comfortable with armed conflicts happening at the present rate. Which I find a bit strange.

xsecx
05-30-2010, 10:53 AM
I just said it. Please, re-read my previous post. The idea I'm talking about is that if we make a conscious effort not to fight we'll fight considerably less. So far it seems your position is that we shouldn't do that at all and you're absolutely comfortable with armed conflicts happening at the present rate. Which I find a bit strange.

Talking about it wouldn't have prevented the incident that you posted about. Situations like that will continue to happen and for the most part aren't avoidable.

Yes, that is my position. Talking about how we shouldn't have armed conflicts aren't going to stop them and they certainly aren't going to stop the ones we have now.

xCrucialDudex
05-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Talking about it wouldn't have prevented the incident that you posted about. Situations like that will continue to happen and for the most part aren't avoidable.

Yes, that is my position. Talking about how we shouldn't have armed conflicts aren't going to stop them and they certainly aren't going to stop the ones we have now.

Why do you focus on just "talking about it"? I mentioned a couple more of other activities - like education, becoming part of the government and generally speaking part of the world power to be able to influence the decisions that lead to wars and armed conflicts.

Moreover I was talking not about just this very specific incident but about wars in general. Although I believe wars and armed conflicts aren't avoidable altogether I think by doing our best and refraining from wars as humanity we can minimize the incidents to the minimum. Which I think is quite an attainable and worthwhile goal.

xsecx
05-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Why do you focus on just "talking about it"? I mentioned a couple more of other activities - like education, becoming part of the government and generally speaking part of the world power to be able to influence the decisions that lead to wars and armed conflicts.

Because that's what you've said. How would education or becoming part of the government make a difference? You're taking a complex situation and distilling it down to something that can be fixed by education, talking about it, and becoming part of the government. What leads you to believe that armed conflicts aren't necessary, especially the ones that are underway right now. how specifically would you have prevented the videos from happening? Not have the fighting happened? What would be your alternative for dealing with the situation then?

Moreover I was talking not about just this very specific incident but about wars in general. Although I believe wars and armed conflicts aren't avoidable altogether I think by doing our best and refraining from wars as humanity we can minimize the incidents to the minimum. Which I think is quite an attainable and worthwhile goal.

What you're talking about has already happened. For the most part wars between nations have largely stopped. The people that are fighting, aren't governments. So how would talking about it or education stop something like what's happening Afghanistan? How should the world react to large groups of people who aren't part of a government that are actively trying to kill people?

xGriffox
05-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Because that's what you've said. How would education or becoming part of the government make a difference? You're taking a complex situation and distilling it down to something that can be fixed by education, talking about it, and becoming part of the government. What leads you to believe that armed conflicts aren't necessary, especially the ones that are underway right now. how specifically would you have prevented the videos from happening? Not have the fighting happened? What would be your alternative for dealing with the situation then?

What you're talking about has already happened. For the most part wars between nations have largely stopped. The people that are fighting, aren't governments. So how would talking about it or education stop something like what's happening Afghanistan? How should the world react to large groups of people who aren't part of a government that are actively trying to kill people?
so what do you think about all of this then?

xsecx
05-30-2010, 08:41 PM
so what do you think about all of this then?
what do I think of what?

xGriffox
05-30-2010, 10:36 PM
what do I think of what?
All that is being discussed in this thread. Are we better suited to throw up our arms and accept these atrocities as everyday parts of our existence and accept our own complicity in them without looking to change any of it?

xsecx
05-31-2010, 08:44 AM
All that is being discussed in this thread. Are we better suited to throw up our arms and accept these atrocities as everyday parts of our existence and accept our own complicity in them without looking to change any of it?

I'm pretty sure I already said what I think about it. Civilians casualties are an unfortunate side effect of war, but are sometime unavoidable. There's a world of difference between something like this incident or a drone strike on a convoy that involves targets as well as women and children and something like the mylai massacre. You do your best to avoid the deaths of innocents but sometimes it happens.

Now I'd be interested in what you think should be done to change it?