PDA

View Full Version : Hiking boots?

CarlaRant
03-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Has anyone put vegan hiking boots to trial? I'm going on a camping trip at the Grand Canyon this summer and would like to protect my ankles as much as possible. I know of various vegan shopping sites, but I've never tried any of these boots; just the cute girly shoes. :D

hatley
03-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Has anyone put vegan hiking boots to trial? I'm going on a camping trip at the Grand Canyon this summer and would like to protect my ankles as much as possible. I know of various vegan shopping sites, but I've never tried any of these boots; just the cute girly shoes. :D

So, I work for an outdoor retailer and we carry an assortment of vegan hiking boots. Garmont and La Sportiva both have excellent vegan boots. They should get you through anything you are doing in the Canyon.

Most of them run small though because of the various synthetics they are made from so order a full size larger than you normally would or better yet go try some on at a local shop before you order.

xGriffox
03-29-2010, 11:59 PM
my roommate has garmont ones that are hiking boot/sneaker hybrids and they are wonderful. You can find 'em here:
http://www.zappos.com/garmont-nagevi-vegan-xcr-1

CarlaRant
03-30-2010, 07:43 AM
Neat. Thanks guys.