PDA

View Full Version : Things You Have Never Done.

Bilfy
03-24-2010, 07:55 AM
I have decided in act of bravery to experience new things that I have been shy about and things I would never normally do. This idea was thought up because I want to live alittle more and show people (like my girlfriend) that since I dont drink anymore that I am STILL going to have fun. I'm just very laid back and want to step it up.

There will be 10 things I will do before I turn 26 on October 27th. The last one I think I might do is shave my head completely, that would be huge for me as I have always had medium to long hair and people would crap themselves if I did that.

What things do you want to do that you have never done before?

so far I want to:
Karaoke.
Mosh Pit.

rodrigo
03-24-2010, 07:59 AM
I have decided in act of bravery to experience new things that I have been shy about and things I would never normally do. This idea was thought up because I want to live alittle more and show people (like my girlfriend) that since I dont drink anymore that I am going to have alot more fun. I'm just very laid back and want to step it up.

There will be 10 things I will do before I turn 26 on October 27th. The last one I think I might do is shave my head completely, that would be huge for me as I have always had medium to long hair and people would crap themselves if I did that.

so far I want to:
Karaoke.
Mosh Pit.

do you really think you should compensate not drinking by doing some special things?

SgtD
03-24-2010, 08:51 AM
I have decided in act of bravery to experience new things that I have been shy about and things I would never normally do. This idea was thought up because I want to live alittle more and show people (like my girlfriend) that since I dont drink anymore that I am going to have alot more fun. I'm just very laid back and want to step it up.

so far I want to:
Karaoke.
Mosh Pit.

i dare you to get a tattoo on your forehead! i bet people would crap themselves if you did that!

but seriously dude, if you think you are less fun just because you don't drink, well, that just seems fucked up to me. At least I didn't change at all because i stopped drinking, I'm the same guy.

Bilfy
03-24-2010, 11:18 AM
oops my wording was wrong, I meant showing a more fun me which I feel like I can be boring sometimes and if Im going to have the same routines in life why not throw in some randoms.. and it may also show that beer isnt everything to my friends that you can have fun sober. You know what I mean? I dont mean it to sound like I have to compensate for giving up drinking, its just making my life more fun and if people happen to notice I did all of it sober they dont have to get drunk all the time, but if not oh well.

My semi friends I guess you can call them, they are friends with my friend Greg and we all hang out maybe once a month to watch wrestling ppvs but I can never hang out with any of them because they always have to drink.

Me: Dudes, we should go bowling!
Other Friend: Sweet, I know a place that serves beer so we can drink and bowl!
Me: oh. We can always Wii Bowl I guess..
Other Friend: Sweet, lets go to the liquor store..
Me: um... lets all go home to our respective computers and play online bowling.
Other Friend: Sweet whatever, still got to go to the liquor store..
Me: tisk tisk.

SgtD
03-25-2010, 02:41 AM
oops my wording was wrong, I meant showing a more fun me which I feel like I can be boring sometimes and if Im going to have the same routines in life why not throw in some randoms.. and it may also show that beer isnt everything to my friends that you can have fun sober. You know what I mean? I dont mean it to sound like I have to compensate for giving up drinking, its just making my life more fun and if people happen to notice I did all of it sober they dont have to get drunk all the time, but if not oh well.

My semi friends I guess you can call them, they are friends with my friend Greg and we all hang out maybe once a month to watch wrestling ppvs but I can never hang out with any of them because they always have to drink.

Me: Dudes, we should go bowling!
Other Friend: Sweet, I know a place that serves beer so we can drink and bowl!
Me: oh. We can always Wii Bowl I guess..
Other Friend: Sweet, lets go to the liquor store..
Me: um... lets all go home to our respective computers and play online bowling.
Other Friend: Sweet whatever, still got to go to the liquor store..
Me: tisk tisk.
so what if they drank? you don't have to drink to do any of those activites.

easy
03-25-2010, 09:41 AM
hmm i wanna tour europe! and do a full us tour! thats what i wanna do before i die!

Bilfy
03-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I know but its just annoying.

xBOBOx
03-29-2010, 09:55 AM
I am gonna hop on the tour thoughts. I am hoping to one day tour the US.

xGriffox
03-29-2010, 10:19 AM
I wanna bum around for a while at some point and visit all of my friends across the US while doing so. One of these days...

hatley
03-30-2010, 09:36 AM
I want to travel for a year outside the US. Doing a ton of backpacking, cycling, kayaking.

I would like to run the Marine Marathon, and an Ultra Marathon before I'm 27.

Oh, and I want to get back to civilization so I can at least have a decent music store...and the options of shows.

xvunderx
03-31-2010, 08:54 AM
I know but its just annoying.

I am with Dini on the "so what if they drink?" camp, but I also know certain old friends of mine that were so boring and irritating when drunk that the idea of being stuck with their drunk asses for a night without lifeline sounded as much fun as watching wrestling.

My suggestion around it would be to be more forward, pick a bowling lane you know that is booze free (maybe they have cosmic bowling instead?) and say, "let's go bowling, we can meet at XXX lanes at 8?" and try champion the perks of this other place if argument arises. If that doesn't work just go bowling, if they get so drunk they suck then that's the time for the night to end. No use not doing fun things because friends might drink.

xVeganAnarchistx
08-22-2010, 03:48 PM
i wanna bike tour the us. that would be bomb