PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl pressing could not be easier

lo0m
03-24-2010, 03:16 AM
Hey,
you ever wanted to put out your bands music on vinyl and/or you're dissapointed with the process of releasing your last vinyl. Check out xvinylx.com (http://xvinylx.com)!! Order your pressing in 12 easy steps... it is a sister project from people running Damage Done Records / Two Shovels Productions..

this is more useful for European bands, but they also send packages anywhere in the world...

SgtD
03-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Hey,
you ever wanted to put out your bands music on vinyl and/or you're dissapointed with the process of releasing your last vinyl. Check out xvinylx.com (http://xvinylx.com)!! Order your pressing in 12 easy steps... it is a sister project from people running Damage Done Records / Two Shovels Productions..

this is more useful for European bands, but they also send packages anywhere in the world...

it doesn't work. when I put in 500 records, a pop up window appears and tells me the minimum order is 250...

I'm curious if there was a new pressing plant behind this, or are they just pressing the records at that czech pressing plant -i forgot it's name-, and just put a profit margin on it?
I imagine setting up a new pressing plant is really pricy, and I can't see somebody in hardcore in the EU has the money to invest in this, even though I know it's not impossible, it would just seem strange to me - it probably is a really small market with little demand.

lo0m
03-24-2010, 07:06 AM
i believe that this is using the old plant (Gramofonove Zavody) but they may have some special contract (GZ is always really happy to have a returning customer).. also, there was some bad communication with GZ in the past, so they may just make the whole process easier and quicker..
i believe there is no other pressing plant than GZ in Europe that could put out custom shaped and colored vinyl, but i may be wrong on this one

btw I'm using Firefox and no problem with placing 500 there.. if i put 100 pieces i get the message, of course..

SgtD
03-24-2010, 08:47 AM
i believe that this is using the old plant (Gramofonove Zavody) but they may have some special contract (GZ is always really happy to have a returning customer).. also, there was some bad communication with GZ in the past, so they may just make the whole process easier and quicker..
i believe there is no other pressing plant than GZ in Europe that could put out custom shaped and colored vinyl, but i may be wrong on this one

btw I'm using Firefox and no problem with placing 500 there.. if i put 100 pieces i get the message, of course..

there's one in britain, and there's one in germany, and both of them do all kinds of stuff.

So I was right then, and they are pressing the vinyl at GZ.

I'm using IE 7 (at work this is the only browser allowed). Did you do the website?

lo0m
03-24-2010, 08:57 AM
there's one in britain, and there's one in germany, and both of them do all kinds of stuff.
oh, i didn't know about that. it has been many years since my brother was putting out some record..

So I was right then, and they are pressing the vinyl at GZ.

i'm not sure about that but i think you're right.. i just can't imagine bunch of punx running a pressing plant (nota bene when there is notoriously known GZ)

I'm using IE 7 (at work this is the only browser allowed). Did you do the website?
no, i just though it might be useful resource.. you're right about IE7 issue.. they have a banner displayed in IE6 ("get a modern browser") and it works fine in IE8, but not in IE7...