PDA

View Full Version : What does lol mean

straightXed
03-23-2010, 10:31 PM
So I was always under the impression I knew what lol meant and thought it just to think it was retarded how it gets used. I was lucky enough to come across new depths of retardness with this term today. Someone unfortunately passed away and a guy I know wrote of this on facebook, his comment was something like "I will miss you my thoughts go out to your family lol". There was a comment asking why it was funny and his reply was "that's a sad face not a happy face, I'm devastated lol". What's going on? I can't handle people anymore, they are insanely stupid. Maybe it's me, maybe I am just out of touch Internet lingo to drastic lengths. If however it's not me and it is them, will someone please make them stop?!

rodrigo
03-23-2010, 10:36 PM
So I was always under the impression I knew what lol meant and thought it just to think it was retarded how it gets used. I was lucky enough to come across new depths of retardness with this term today. Someone unfortunately passed away and a guy I know wrote of this on facebook, his comment was something like "I will miss you my thoughts go out to your family lol". There was a comment asking why it was funny and his reply was "that's a sad face not a happy face, I'm devastated lol". What's going on? I can't handle people anymore, they are insanely stupid. Maybe it's me, maybe I am just out of touch Internet lingo to drastic lengths. If however it's not me and it is them, will someone please make them stop?!

i've tried, doesnt seem to work

mouseman004
03-23-2010, 10:50 PM

That is dumb. lol doesn't work in that context even a little bit.

linsee
03-23-2010, 11:50 PM
I was just on chat roulette and someone typed lol and definitely were not laughing out loud. I nexted them.

CarlaRant
03-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Some people from the "older generation" use lol for "lots of love."

straightXed
03-24-2010, 06:23 AM
Some people from the "older generation" use lol for "lots of love."

He's 28 but that would make more sense...although that means he is saying lots of love at a million and one innappropiate places too!!

SgtD
03-24-2010, 06:31 AM
lol!

straightXed
03-24-2010, 06:48 AM
lol!

Oh no, i am very sorry to hear of your loss.

SgtD
03-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Oh no, i am very sorry to hear of your loss.

thank you. lol <--- this is one of those spaceships from star wars!

lo0m
03-24-2010, 08:37 AM
good ol' TIE fighter :-) ..

Kw1q51lv3r_Vorian
03-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Lol

xvunderx
03-31-2010, 08:58 AM

I guess her was going for TOT which is like tears pouring out of the eyes mouth open crying. Still as far as I know that's from a kinda cutesy Japanese style emoticon and still pretty inappropriate. Kinda like "I lost my shoe ToT" (translate ToT=waaaaa) so both ways guys an idiot.

rodrigo
03-31-2010, 04:16 PM
maybe it was a guy drowing in the sea

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l05uafqUv41qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

mouseman004
03-31-2010, 06:28 PM
maybe it was a guy drowing in the sea

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l05uafqUv41qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

Awesome!

kcullenss
06-23-2010, 12:12 AM

Originally lol was short for lots of love and in some cases ,like the one you mentioned, it is still used that way. Most of the time when lol is written its expressing that something was funny or amusing but i don't believe in the previously mentioned facebook post humor was being expressed.

straightXed
06-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally lol was short for lots of love and in some cases ,like the one you mentioned, it is still used that way. Most of the time when lol is written its expressing that something was funny or amusing but i don't believe in the previously mentioned facebook post humor was being expressed.

Unfortunately this makes it even dumber as it has two meanings and said user interchanges the two at will apparently. And uses both uses horribly!

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
07-02-2010, 06:44 PM
aw i can totally relate to this threat, nothing winds me up more than when your arguing with someone and they answer with lol, when it doesn even make sense *rage*

what annoys me more though is when people say ''lol'' when there fae to face with people, IF ITS FUNNY LAUGH DONT SAY LOL!!!

straightXed
07-02-2010, 08:08 PM
aw i can totally relate to this threat, nothing winds me up more than when your arguing with someone and they answer with lol, when it doesn even make sense *rage*

what annoys me more though is when people say ''lol'' when there fae to face with people, IF ITS FUNNY LAUGH DONT SAY LOL!!!

Rofflecopter.

Lifestyle_X
07-03-2010, 06:15 AM
Lshmsfoaidmt

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
07-03-2010, 10:27 AM
HAHA!!! you crazies >_<

LSHMHFOARDTD
(had to join in)