PDA

View Full Version : My Intro into this world.

Bilfy
03-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Hi

CarlaRant
03-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Welcome Bilfy!

WOW! I think this the most thorough intro post I've read in a while.

It seems that wrestling has been a good influence in your life, partiuclarly with CM Punk and Walter "Killer" Kowalski.

You also have an elegant style of writing. Are you pursuing writing at all? I feel awkward asking you this, but can you tell us a little bit more about yourself: where are you from, what kind of work do you do?

The short version of me: vegan sxe for 14 years, nearly 15. I'm a former reporter turned teacher in Phoenix. I love roller derby, belly dancing, yoga, music, comics, Nintendo games, and cooking/baking. :)

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/CarlaRant/stpat.jpg

Bilfy
03-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Hi

easy
03-18-2010, 10:39 PM
hey whats up man! what is your involvement in the hardcore scene?? are you familiar with the roots of straight edge that you are getting into??

Bilfy
03-19-2010, 05:50 AM
I dont really have any involvement at the time, I dont know anyone else who is straight edge, I know someone who tried being straight edge when he was in college but he later decided he couldnt do it.

As for as sXe shows, I wouldnt mind checking one out but I havent been to alot of concerts and Im kind of shy about it I guess. I look at concerts this way, there is always someone who wants to go to the concert alot more than I do so why take their seat? I've met some non wrestling fans at wrestling events who just either make fun of wrestling, or can careless about it or isnt that passionate about it and I always think "Someone who loves wrestling should be sitting there instead of you!" but its not that big of deal thats just what I kind of think.

As for sXe shows, the punk type music has never been my thing but I would like to embrace it alittle bit for a better understanding of the lifestyle, of the words these bands have created.

So far, I have joined a sXe facebook group.... lol.

rodrigo
03-19-2010, 07:32 AM
I dont really have any involvement at the time, I dont know anyone else who is straight edge, I know someone who tried being straight edge when he was in college but he later decided he couldnt do it.

As for as sXe shows, I wouldnt mind checking one out but I havent been to alot of concerts and Im kind of shy about it I guess. I look at concerts this way, there is always someone who wants to go to the concert alot more than I do so why take their seat? I've met some non wrestling fans at wrestling events who just either make fun of wrestling, or can careless about it or isnt that passionate about it and I always think "Someone who loves wrestling should be sitting there instead of you!" but its not that big of deal thats just what I kind of think.

As for sXe shows, the punk type music has never been my thing but I would like to embrace it alittle bit for a better understanding of the lifestyle, of the words these bands have created.

So far, I have joined a sXe facebook group.... lol.

well, the thing is, straight edge is hardcore kids who dont do drugs and for some of us is kinda worrying that kids just come out claiming to be edge withouth really knowing what it is and what they get into. a great way to know what straight edge is, is to go to shows.

and dont worry about the seats, hardcore shows have no seats.

Bilfy
03-19-2010, 11:26 AM
After reading that last post rodrigo, and looking at easys post I was talking to someone I know that has straight edge friends and was straight edge for a while, I was/am still learning about it, and I have over looked somethings when reading about sxe. My interpretation of sxe was that people from all beliefs, race, sexual orientations who share the same 3 morals about drugs/sex/drinking.

I learned that the route of this stems from the 80s with one simple song about living drug free from a punk band. Yes I did notice every sxe face wears the same clothes style, tattoos and go to shows but the way I looked at it was I can be straight edge without going to shows and wearing the style of sxe as long as I gain more knowledge of its style and past.

You get what I'm saying?

So now my views have changed and I now announce to you that I will no longer use straight edge as my title. I respect you guys and understand that nomatter how much similarities we have I wouldnt want to claim sxe when I shouldnt. Theres already a couple different types of sxe dont need people like me to expand the definition. I'm glad I came on here though and rodrigo I'm glad you said that without flipping out on me and being a dick.

I do kind of feel stupid lol. Well, I did officially give up drinking on St. Patricks Day (barely drank anyway) and I will continue to live a healthy drug/drink free life, just wish I can find type of people who are just like me so I can feel like I am part of something, because thats something I want in life, just to be part of something I truly believe in.

Thank you for reading.

rodrigo
03-19-2010, 11:56 AM
After reading that last post rodrigo, and looking at easys post I was talking to someone I know that has straight edge friends and was straight edge for a while, I was/am still learning about it, and I have over looked somethings when reading about sxe. My interpretation of sxe was that people from all beliefs, race, sexual orientations who share the same 3 morals about drugs/sex/drinking.

I learned that the route of this stems from the 80s with one simple song about living drug free from a punk band. Yes I did notice every sxe face wears the same clothes style, tattoos and go to shows but the way I looked at it was I can be straight edge without going to shows and wearing the style of sxe as long as I gain more knowledge of its style and past.

You get what I'm saying?

So now my views have changed and I now announce to you that I will no longer use straight edge as my title. I respect you guys and understand that nomatter how much similarities we have I wouldnt want to claim sxe when I shouldnt. Theres already a couple different types of sxe dont need people like me to expand the definition. I'm glad I came on here though and rodrigo I'm glad you said that without flipping out on me and being a dick.

I do kind of feel stupid lol. Well, I did officially give up drinking on St. Patricks Day (barely drank anyway) and I will continue to live a healthy drug/drink free life, just wish I can find type of people who are just like me so I can feel like I am part of something, because thats something I want in life, just to be part of something I truly believe in.

Thank you for reading.

you can always stick around here, you seem like a really nice guy, we dig drug free people and even if you're not into hardcore i'm sure there are lots of stuff we can all talk about. plus, you wouldnt be the first non edge kids who hangs out here! :)

xsecx
03-19-2010, 12:12 PM
you can always stick around here, you seem like a really nice guy, we dig drug free people and even if you're not into hardcore i'm sure there are lots of stuff we can all talk about. plus, you wouldnt be the first non edge kids who hangs out here! :)

I agree with this completely.

lo0m
03-19-2010, 12:32 PM

You get what I'm saying?

Thank you for reading.

clean and honest.. welcome on board!

Bilfy
03-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Hey sounds good to me! I can say Im not straight edge but I can say I'm a friend to the straight edge society. lol Thanks guys and I will be sticking around.

It feels good to be welcomed.

Lifestyle_X
03-19-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm sure you'll like it here. Welcome to this little piece of internet heaven !

Bilfy
03-20-2010, 11:46 AM
I realized because my girlfriend made a joke, our friend Michelle is a vegetarian, and whenever her boyfriend has meat they cant kiss unless he brushes his teeth and stuff, which makes sense because you dont want the taste in your mouth. My girlfriend said "Looks like im going to have to brush my teeth if I want to kiss you if I am drinking" and I never thought of that but... I wish she wouldnt kiss me unless she brushed her teeth because I dont want the taste in my mouth. Is it a huge deal? If I told her that, she'd get pretty pissed and think im ridiculous because, well she likes to have drunken sex. not all the time but on special occasions when she drinks alot.

What should I do?

straightXed
03-20-2010, 01:38 PM
I realized because my girlfriend made a joke, our friend Michelle is a vegetarian, and whenever her boyfriend has meat they cant kiss unless he brushes his teeth and stuff, which makes sense because you dont want the taste in your mouth. My girlfriend said "Looks like im going to have to brush my teeth if I want to kiss you if I am drinking" and I never thought of that but... I wish she wouldnt kiss me unless she brushed her teeth because I dont want the taste in my mouth. Is it a huge deal? If I told her that, she'd get pretty pissed and think im ridiculous because, well she likes to have drunken sex. not all the time but on special occasions when she drinks alot.

What should I do?

Is it a big deal to you?

Is her having alcohol breath and her drinking in general is going to be a personal issue for you?

How you feel about it is whats important here, not how anyone here thinks about it. If it is something that bothers you then you need to address it. I could tell you that personally i would find it difficult to date someone that drinks but thats not really going to help you, i think you need to decide what to do yourself on this one dude.

Bilfy
03-20-2010, 02:59 PM
hm.. thats what I needed to hear. If she popped a mint or, 5 then I wont have a problem and Im sure we can work that out. Thanks!