PDA

View Full Version : a question about sXe

nofx
01-08-2004, 01:23 PM
why do a lot of you (and im NOT exagerating) make the straight edge movement to be like some elitist club?
near all the sXe cru ive met have been cool until i pull out a fag, or tell them i am personnaly NOT sXe, they go cold and ignore me and just talking to other sXers.

It really doesnt have to be like this. Im a devoted punk, and i love hardcore of all kinds, but Ninjafest here in London is not specifically sXe, but the guys n gals inside make it feel that way. But i love the music as much as you, (seeing Heavan Shall Burns first UK gig was truely special) but i feel like i literally get treated like Untermenshen , and thats not on.

why cant we just love the music and be done with it?
Its not like im a pill poppin alcoholic, who chain smokes and pushs weed on 12yr olds.
i just enjoy smoking and drinking, and my music.

xvunderx
01-08-2004, 01:33 PM
I personaly don't care what people do, if they want to drink, they can knock themselves out. But I have to say smoking, not so much especialy if it is an sxe show, people can smoke all thery want in their own home, and to an extent i can't complain too much about it out side, but inside your deciding to light up effects every one and your forcing me to breath in your poison and that's just not really on.

I have to ask, and I am honestly just curious, what was it that made you decide to smoke? I can understand people back in the day befor so much was known about it, but what drew you to it in this day and age?

nofx
01-08-2004, 02:25 PM
well i dont smoke inside, cuz i realise it affects others, and i know some dum skin is gonna try and smak me up, but ill be honset with you.
i started smoking when i went to Secondary skool. I knew no one there when i started, and they ALL smoked, so i started to try and make friends, and it worked.
simple.

and i wouldnt bother with saying "if they didnt like you for who you were..." these are 12 yr old city kids who just wanted to rip it out of anyone they could. and possibly beat them up afta, just to prove their "worth"

but im glad you honestly take that view, but ive yet to meet anyone like you in the real world

xvunderx
01-08-2004, 02:37 PM
God 12 year olds smoking, now thats depressing.

nofx
01-08-2004, 02:41 PM
tell about it, but thats life ennit

do you actually hav any idea y other sXers are so Nazi about non sXe?
Deas anyone?

xsecx
01-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by nofx
tell about it, but thats life ennit

do you actually hav any idea y other sXers are so Nazi about non sXe?
Deas anyone?

most aren't.
you have to realize that you're dealing with a very small sample of a much larger population.

xvunderx
01-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
most aren't.
you have to realize that you're dealing with a very small sample of a much larger population.

I was about to say the same thing, Like I hear stories like this, and I have stull yet to meet anyone like this myself?

I think some of it is bad eggs on the sxe side, and sometime pre-conseptions on the non sxe side. Also the ones that make the biggest stink, are often the kids that burn out and sell out when the next cool thing comes their way, others of course just grow up and get over themselves.

nofx
01-08-2004, 02:52 PM
well then it seems to be my bad luck that ive ONLY ever met this small part of the community, i almost got smaked up cuz i asked someone for a lioghter outside a sxe gig, and ive some one get knocked out cuz he offered a sXer a beer.

but i want to know WHY theyre doing this, pls answer this!!!

xsecx
01-08-2004, 02:59 PM
well then it seems to be my bad luck that ive ONLY ever met this small part of the community, i almost got smaked up cuz i asked someone for a lioghter outside a sxe gig, and ive some one get knocked out cuz he offered a sXer a beer.

how can we answer for behavior that we don't do, support or understand?

xvunderx
01-08-2004, 02:59 PM

Thats really not a question we can answer, kid do what they do for their own reasons, you'd have to ask the indaviduals this question. Someone at an sXe show might have thought you were taking the piss asking them for a lighter. But I don;t know them so I couldn't tell you.

nofx
01-08-2004, 03:04 PM
i guess this is gonna be another one of those unanswerable questions.

i guess theyll grow up one day, i just wish they werent so high n mighty.

and i asked for the lighter innocently, honest!

flame_still_burns
01-08-2004, 03:10 PM
i think it depends on who you ask. this site tends to have people who are a little older, a lot wiser, and probably consideribly less militant than other places. people who are newer to this tend to be the ones who feel they have to prove to the world just how straightedge they are.

i actually haven't killed anyone who asked me for a lighter in years. i'll usually just maim these days.

xvunderx
01-08-2004, 03:11 PM
i guess this is gonna be another one of those unanswerable questions.

i guess theyll grow up one day, i just wish they werent so high n mighty.

and i asked for the lighter innocently, honest!

oh trust me I have no doubt, but some people are touchy and dickish.

xDOUGxDIGGLERx
01-09-2004, 01:32 PM
i must admit i'd be chilled out about that stuff, you smoking won't bug me.

if an sxe kid gets conceited the kick his arse, he's a stuck up wanker that uses sxe as a way of looking down his nose instead of clearing his mind, which is what its about.

nofx
01-10-2004, 06:22 AM
maybe ill do that...

but thats kinda sinking to their level...

xsecx
01-10-2004, 07:11 AM
maybe ill do that...

but thats kinda sinking to their level...

violence with complete strangers, usually a really bad idea as a general rule.

drug free adult
01-10-2004, 09:25 AM
i am more open minded now then i was 17 or 18 years ago about being straight edge. i was never militant in narrow minded in beliefs i just didn't like people involved in the party scene too much in my high school. i don't care what people do i have friends who smoke weed, and drink. i have had girlfriends who smoke. it really doesn't matter.