PDA

View Full Version : free record. members of pale horse/crowns of kings

brianbellitto
02-24-2010, 12:04 AM
hey.

if you guys got a second please check out my bands record.
we just put it up online for free download
you can grab it at
www.thelows.bandcamp.com

let me know what you think.

thanks.
-brian

lo0m
02-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Hey, here's my honest opinion:

First, it is great you've put it out for free. On top of that there's an option to download it in non-proprietary format (Ogg), which made me really happy.
Second. The artwork is really awful (I said I'll be honest, didn't I? :-) )..
Regarding the most important - music: I'm not really into this type of music so I'm in no way expert but I like it. Not that I love it, but it is the first similar album that I've been able to listen from start to end (twice in a row).. I find the bass drum little too aggressive (particulary in the first song) for this type of music.. In Waves is too long for me to be entertaining as whole, You Only Die Once is imho boring.. I would appreciate more chords driven passages (like that in 2/3 of Corpse Paint - that is awesome) than the high melodies played on guitar throughout the album, but I guess that's significant for your music.
Overall it's well played, well recorder, well sung music that will find it's fans for sure (and I wouldn't be surprised to hear you on MTV to be honest - it really has this type of potential).. it's not really my cup of tea.. but you've asked for this :-)

brianbellitto
02-24-2010, 04:00 AM
haha well thanks for the review man. bummed you don't like artwork, band had nothing to do with it but its my favorite part of the record ha.
but thanks for giving it a real listen through and giving it a chance man.
-brian